TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

So,in other words, your imagination ran wild and you cannot provide anything I asked for. How do you prove my inaction? We had several other moderators during the past years of my supposed inaction, Lamb, Caba`drin, Moss, Goker, Llandy, Alene, Mad Dawg. Can you separate my supposed inaction from anyone else's inaction?
What I would prefer is if you said, "Maybe I was mistaken," and then keep your mouth shut in the future.

No, you made a completely unreasonable request given the circumstances. Considering I lived the consequences of your inaction, I'm a pretty authoritative source on the matter. There's a pretty damn major instance of overlooked Transphobia I can think of that if you really, really want me to, I'll go and get you a link for, so you can come face to face with how you've hurt people. Given that all of those listed, except for Llandy, were not exactly active in the AG, leastasmuch as active as you (Edit for clarity: During the period in question. I know that many other mods were of course very active in the AG in times past, but the early-mid 2010's onwards resulted in a noticeable decline in their activity, you know that's true.), I hardly feel that any of them shoulder anywhere near as much of the burden for this. LIKEWISE, Alene and Mad Dawg didn't even become involved in global moderation until this issue was already past its apex, as several of the major agitators had gone inactive by this point. No, I am not mistaken, and I sure as hell will not shut my mouth about this subject. I know you'd prefer to live in a world where you did nothing wrong and didn't hurt anybody and everybody was happy. I'd also like to live in a world where nobody got hurt and everybody was happy! But as long as we exist in the real world, I'm sure as heeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll not about to keep my mouth shut about this.

Edit: But, if you'd like, you're also welcome to completely ignore me, since you have plenty of experience in doing that anyways, including at least one personal appeal to you via private message about the subject in the past!

Last edited:
No, you made a completely unreasonable request given the circumstances. Considering I lived the consequences of your inaction, I'm a pretty authoritative source on the matter. There's a pretty damn major instance of overlooked Transphobia I can think of that if you really, really want me to, I'll go and get you a link for, so you can come face to face with how you've hurt people. Given that all of those listed, except for Llandy, were not exactly active in the AG, leastasmuch as active as you, I hardly feel that any of them shoulder anywhere near as much of the burden for this. LIKEWISE, Alene and Mad Dawg didn't even become involved in global moderation until this issue was already past its apex, as several of the major agitators had gone inactive by this point. No, I am not mistaken, and I sure as hell will not shut my mouth about this subject. I know you'd prefer to live in a world where you did nothing wrong and didn't hurt anybody and everybody was happy. I'd also like to live in a world where nobody got hurt and everybody was happy! But as long as we exist in the real world, I'm sure as heeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll not about to keep my mouth shut about this.

Edit: But, if you'd like, you're also welcome to completely ignore me, since you have plenty of experience in doing that anyways, including at least one personal appeal to you via private message about the subject in the past!
Fine. Don't shut your mouth Just leave me out of your imagination. I asked for evidence.

i don't have to have been a mod at the time to know that there was openly displayed transphobia which was not removed or punished for despite reports.
I asked for evidence.

If this is the game you want to play, fine.

You using a transphobic slur. Like, literally the worst and most offensive one, as a punchline for a joke. And before you try to say that it wasn't a joke and you were actually answering MadVader's question, you'll note that Llandy answered what it was ACTUALLY for. So, not only are you complicit in ignoring transphobia, you ACTUALLY TOOK PART IN IT. You, a global mod, casually slinging around a transphobic slur.

This wasn't the instance I was originally thinking of, but it's actually better than the one I had in mind when I made this post. Knock yourself bloody out.

If this is the game you want to play, fine.

You using a transphobic slur. Like, literally the worst and most offensive one, as a punchline for a joke. And before you try to say that it wasn't a joke and you were actually answering MadVader's question, you'll note that Llandy answered what it was ACTUALLY for. So, not only are you complicit in ignoring transphobia, you ACTUALLY TOOK PART IN IT. You, a global mod, casually slinging around a transphobic slur.

This wasn't the instance I was originally thinking of, but it's actually better than the one I had in mind when I made this post. Knock yourself bloody out.
That's your evidence? Relating what someone else said is your evidence? To someone I knew would not be offended? I'm at a loss.

You using a transphobic slur is some pretty damn strong evidence, it doesn't matter if you're saying it to somebody who 'would not be offended'. You said it in a public venue, an open forum, and you knew full well that it wouldn't just be MV reading it. MV, for his part, said "Transgender people," so you did not in any way, shape, or form, relate something that he said. Would you make this same claim if "Transgender people" were to be replaced with "Black people" and the slur you used replaced with the N-word? Would you treat this with the same flippancy? I bloody well think not.

Edit: Also, if what you mean by 'relating what somebody else said' means that you claim that you're answering the question of why that warn/mute was given, you are lying through your teeth, and clearly read neither the context nor my post. Llandy stated what he was actually punished for, and it sure as hell wasn't what you said.

It's a slur. Unless you're talking about car parts, which you sure as hell weren't, you unambiguously used a transphobic slur. Again, it's obvious you didn't actually read my post, or the context. You are digging a deeper, and deeper, and deeper hole for yourself.

Inappropriate behavior
Ev, if this is the be-all and end-all of your existence, you have more serious problems than you even know. I'm not certain I even knew there were such people in the world.

I'm not clear how this affects you.

If you're so dedicated to derailing a conversation on systemic transphobia and the fact that it was tolerated by moderators for upwards of a decade by repeatedly backpedaling whenever I make a point about your complicity, you just further prove how much of a major part of the problem you were, and even are, despite the fact that you're not a moderator anymore. I see no further point in engaging with you on this subject given that it's clear to me that you have no intention to actually constructively discuss the matter of your role in the situation, and are more concerned with obsessively professing false innocence. You are complicit, this is the truth, and a part of the conversation, but not the end-all-be-all of this discussion. A symptom of the problem.

For what it's worth, moderation has reached out to me about this subject, and has already asked how they might do better going forward. This is already more than you had ever done in your capacity in the role, and it gives me at least some level of hope for the future that new users won't have to deal with the same gauntlet of bull**** that the trans users of the past did. All we can do now is wait and see.

P.S.: Telling an LGBT+ person that you're not sure how moderators tolerating and even participating in discrimination and prejudice against members of the LGBT+ community suggests a lack of touch with the reality of the situation.

Vader did not seem upset and you were not part of the conversation.
It's almost like this is a public forum or something, but hey apparently you can just casually throw slurs around if you're not directly referring to anyone who the slur is about :iamamoron: guess N-word posting is back on the menu, then?

To be more clear, it is a slur, intended or not. it is among the most offensive terms for trans folk.

That's not what I said. Apologising for your own complicity is good enough. Shows you've understood you were acting poorly. Even if it was more out of ignorance than malice. I've had to do it myself. I was an ignorant **** about this stuff for a good while. But I laid myself flat and admitted it and apologised for stuff I'd said. If I can do it's so can you. Especially seeing as Ev was directly offended by the comment in question.

Might pop a xan blood vessel and forget about her
I thought you were incoherent before, but now it's reaching astronomical levels, you meet the requirements for working as an astronaut? I literally don't know what to make of your post, I have seen spaghetti in more order than your words
bd315aff50da30b5616ac9bceee63854.jpg
Then maybe an actual apology is in order? And not just one that's "I'm sorry you were offended".
I apologize to whomever was offended.
I have no words

this really is the state of this forum isn't it ****ing lmao

:giggle:
Looking back I see that I mixed up gender and and sex a few times (Kobrag's comment helped).
We don't have a similar distinction in Danish, I think. The word "køn" (etymologically like the english 'kin') applies to both.
Instead we say biological køn (sex) and perceived/social køn (gender).
That's interesting, if you were to say køn in Danish among Swedish speakers, they'd think you were saying "the queue" as the distinction between that and "biological sex" (kön) is whether the k is soft or hard. Do you always pronounce k's hard and with a stød? Italian has the same issue but for gender and sex/intercourse (sesso)

Interesting to me that it took people who aren't Ev to come out and say something before he sorta kinda vaguely attempted something in the general direction (I guess it's within a cubic parasec or so) of an apology. That's really not how it should be, guys. When someone says you hurt them, you don't get to just decide you didn't and then demand evidence for it. ... least of all after years of it and apparently having been PM'd about it, even...

Back
Top Bottom