Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

If it's hardcoded, then it will be hard, if not downright impossible to change or remove it. I hope that it will be easily moddable.

Let's hope these things will be optional or at least won't impact the game that much. It would be a mistake and a damn shame to just disregard multiplayer modding.

Otherwise a situation similar to the GTA Online/FiveM one may and will almost certainly occur.

I really wouldn't worry. MP mods are 100% coming. It will probably just not function with these additional features (or maybe you have a separate ranking for each module).

Whatever way it happens - you will get MP mods.

Inappropriate behavior
Just because you are not a part of the play test you should not conclude that no other persons but TW employees join those plattests. You should really relax. I see your cringe rage posts all the time and almost all of them are hyperbolic and without cause and sustenance.

Oh look its dextrus the guy who stacks against pubs in BL and he still gets destroyed lmao. I never said I want to playtest them personally or said that im a special snowflake. I called for more broad tests because 2019 has seen a perk overhaul and combat changes tested by the devs alone and we all know how it turned out. Given the sad number of the current population online, I think it would be much better and crucial to playtest the actual changes in beta servers before they make it to live. I dont rage about anything, I mention my opinion and the reasoning behind my opinions, I leave the passive aggressive personality to Axios. He apologized twice today. :facepalm::lol:

Last edited:
You wanna explain that or what...?
I suppose it depends on who you're referring to when you say "we", cause it sure as hell won't be in the 90% of the playerbase.

I can see why you are on probation...
Weell no you can't. Not the precise message and hence reason, you can't see that. Unless you have spies in the moderation staff, or are a mod yourself.

but to me;

Combat Changes
Perk Improvements
Map Improvements
Custom Servers

and I'm content MP wise.
Sheesh you elaborated way too much, can you explain it a tad more vaguely?

What do you want changed?
Taleworlds and their approach to the development.

Oh look its dextrus the guy who stacks against pubs in BL and he still gets destroyed lmao. I never said I want to playtest them personally or said that im a special snowflake. I called for more broad tests because 2019 has seen a perk overhaul and combat changes tested by the devs alone and we all know how it turned out. Given the sad number of the current population online, I think it would be much better and crucial to playtest the actual changes in beta servers before they make it to live. I dont rage about anything, I mention my opinion and the reasoning behind my opinions, I leave the passive aggressive personality to Axios. He apologized twice today. :facepalm::lol:

Well hello. I am glad you recognize me.
May I say again that your basic assumption that „the devs test by themselves“ is probably wrong. Just because you feel like that they do it does not mean that they actually do it.
You see, I would be frustrated, too. Spending 550 hours on a game in 2 months is remarkable, especially if you don’t enjoy it.
Your opinions however are almost always written in a crying manner and get more shrill the more you post. No wonder no dev replies to you. Maybe you should type your thoughts out in a normal way like gibby or Younes and maybe eventually someone will value your opinion. Enjoy your weekend

I suppose it depends on who you're referring to when you say "we", cause it sure as hell won't be in the 90% of the playerbase.

Weell no you can't. Not the precise message and hence reason, you can't see that. Unless you have spies in the moderation staff, or are a mod yourself.

Sheesh you elaborated way too much, can you explain it a tad more vaguely?

Taleworlds and their approach to the development.
Nothing of what you said was in anyway helpful. Im more then happy to explain what changes I'd like to see in detail? Ask me and i will provide.
Why are you on probation then?

Edit - No worries I looked through your post history. Jesus...

Oh look its dextrus the guy who stacks against pubs in BL and he still gets destroyed lmao. I never said I want to playtest them personally or said that im a special snowflake. I called for more broad tests because 2019 has seen a perk overhaul and combat changes tested by the devs alone and we all know how it turned out. Given the sad number of the current population online, I think it would be much better and crucial to playtest the actual changes in beta servers before they make it to live. I dont rage about anything, I mention my opinion and the reasoning behind my opinions, I leave the passive aggressive personality to Axios. He apologized twice today.
:lol:
Serious point for one moment. Dain you are going to get yourself banned if you keep doing stuff like this. I'm not sure you even care but just so you are aware. Also you need to stop making up games buddy; according to you every single person on this forum lost a game of skirmish to you. Just none of them remember it :wink:.

If you give me your steam profile I could double check for you?

Last edited:
Serious point for one moment. Dain you are going to get yourself banned if you keep doing stuff like this. I'm not sure you even care but just so you are aware. Also you need to stop making up games buddy; according to you every single person on this forum lost a game of skirmish to you. Just none of them remember it :wink:.

it’s oke haha. The chances are probably high that he actually saw me on a game and we might have lost to him but who cares. Doesn’t change that his point is invalid that TW only tests internally.

I like the Bag Hunter badge because it shows the real qualities of the player. I hope that many ordinary players will have the opportunity to show their personal qualities in the early access without any special requirements?

I have 'Bug Hunter' saved to my clipboard because I get asked every other game.

Yes, and have multiple ways to play a single troop.

This will be interesting to see.

Same regurgitated ****, we don't want improvements to the perk system, we don't want it a tall, and we certainly don't want the "maybe some time when pigs fly we'll consider making meaningful changes to combat" again.

Just my few inputs about the MP, with my 150+ hours in game.
IMPORTANT EDIT: based on skirmishes only ( not enough players in Asia for sieges :sad: )

Faction balance:

Aserai:

- Skirmishers are overpowered, especially for 100 dinars
- second infantry is made useless because of the skirmisher
- the nomad rider should have camel in option in slot 2, so it could have longer spear + camel and be a good cavalry counter

Sturgia:
- Worst faction so far, unbalanced on a bad way. Beside cavalry, including the Raider that proves very useful with it's Kontos, the rest is trash
- Hunter is usuless af. No athletism ( it's a hunter, he should have! ), not enough dmg
- High tier infantry should have better throwing weapons than a fish harpoon...
- 100 dinars infantry should have some throwing weapon too
- Most of the unit on foot should be faster, this is supposed to be a footmen faction

Empire:
- Funniest faction to play with, well designed so far and good balance
- Should have crossbow as a base weapon for the archer levy IMO

Vlandia:
- Funniest faction alongside Empire due to its roster diversity
- Sharpshooter is useless though. His pike is a butter knife, his melee skills are horrible and blocking in time is challenging af. His athletism skill, also, is too poor. Because of this, getting the cheaper crossbowman is better

Battania:
- Fiane should have more speed, similar to ranger would make sense. Too slow otherwise
- Most of the unit on foot should be faster

Khuzait:
- A bit overpowered but well designed nonetheless
- Foot Lancer is a bit useless as he doesn't have one handed weapon beside spear without sectioning the option
- Cav Lancer should be the price of the Cataphract due to their skill set and their gears

Other:

Other / global :

- Horses have WAY too many hp, at least horse speed and maneuverability should decrease with damages
- Lances should be destroyed after a couched lance. Would make more sense, and too OP otherwise
- Capturing flag should be more rewarding

Bugs :
- Sometimes, using crossbow / bow / throwing weapons become impossible. Clicking doesn't do anything. It can work again by throwing weapon away and picking it up again
- On the Aserai desert city map for skirmish, near flag B the sound is broken. You hear the noise made by units above the building as if they were next to you. Unrealistic and disturbing
- Sometimes, when changing weapons, your character changes weapon again or put his shield on his back for no reason
- Leaving a server because an ally is team killing is punishing af... you either get blocked or you have to stay on the server and get a ****ty kill/death/assist ratio

_______

Didn't know where to put this small feedback, so I put it here. Feel free to move it if needed :smile:

Last edited:

Faction balance:

Empire:

I highly disagree with this, Empire matches always end up in a menavlion and throwing spamfest. Sure you can slaughter everyone on the server and become the Butterlord of the match just with a menavlion. However since you're doing 120+ dmg hits mostly, there is barely any strategy or skill needed just pure spam - which ain't fun at all IMO

Faction balance:

Aserai:

- the nomad rider should have camel in option in slot 2, so it could have longer spear + camel and be a good cavalry counter

Sturgia:
- Worst faction so far, unbalanced on a bad way. Beside cavalry, including the Raider that proves very useful with it's Kontos, the rest is trash
- Hunter is usuless af. No athletism ( it's a hunter, he should have! ), not enough dmg
- Most of the unit on foot should be faster, this is supposed to be a footmen faction

Empire:

Vlandia:
- Sharpshooter is useless though. His pike is a butter knife, his melee skills are horrible and blocking in time is challenging af. His athletism skill, also, is too poor. Because of this, getting the cheaper crossbowman is better

Battania:
- Fiane should have more speed, similar to ranger would make sense. Too slow otherwise

Khuzait:
- Foot Lancer is a bit useless as he doesn't have one handed weapon beside spear without sectioning the option
- Cav Lancer should be the price of the Cataphract due to their skill set and their gears

Other:

Other / global :

- Horses have WAY too many hp, at least horse speed and maneuverability should decrease with damages
- Lances should be destroyed after a couched lance. Would make more sense, and too OP otherwise

Bugs :
- Sometimes, using crossbow / bow / throwing weapons become impossible. Clicking doesn't do anything. It can work again by throwing weapon away and picking it up again
- On the Aserai desert city map for skirmish, near flag B the sound is broken. You hear the noise made by units above the building as if they were next to you. Unrealistic and disturbing
- Sometimes, when changing weapons, your character changes weapon again or put his shield on his back for no reason
- Leaving a server because an ally is team killing is punishing af... you either get blocked or you have to stay on the server and get a ****ty kill/death/assist ratio

_______

Didn't know where to put this small feedback, so I put it here. Feel free to move it if needed :smile:

This post is a big load of crap. You have how many hours in Multiplayer? You clearly don't know much about certain classes.

Battanian Fian is totally OP. Is a melee tank with 2h with a longbow with pinpoint accuracy.
Vlandia Xbows can one shot people and are tanky. Do i need to say more.

I am sure many people will disagree with your post, although some minor details in your post are correct I must say.

Double Posting
This post is a big load of crap. You have how many hours in Multiplayer? You clearly don't know much about certain classes.

Battanian Fian is totally OP. Is a melee tank with 2h with a longbow with pinpoint accuracy.

I am sure many people will disagree with your post, although some minor details in your post are correct I must say.

The fian is not op at all. His slow movement speed makes him extremely weak against light skirmisher.

For the Xbow, true it shots harder. However it's counter balanced by its speed and can't be used in horse, which make it useless in melee.

T
I highly disagree with this, Empire matches always end up in a menavlion and throwing spamfest. Sure you can slaughter everyone on the server and become the Butterlord of the match just with a menavlion. However since you're doing 120+ dmg hits mostly, there is barely any strategy or skill needed just pure spam - which ain't fun at all IMO
True and not true. Their cav is also useful but a bit expensive for the heavy one. I also see legionaries being played a lot. For the rest, there is no more throwing than any other faction, the only thing being the pilla being a bit overpowered.

Well that's a bit rude, a lot of what Virthuss is saying is very true, especially with the current meta. Fiann being OP is quite the myth, they're good sure, but they've been nerfed since it was originally OP and with the meta constantly changing, it can get countered pretty easily. One thing I disagree with Virthuss about is actually changing the speed of archers/crossbows - the speed was nerfed ages ago due to them being able to kite or since the proficiencies are the same as infantry, there's no point in playing infantry when you can just play archer and have that mobility and damage.

Faction balance:

Aserai:

Sturgia:

Empire:

Vlandia:

Battania:

Khuzait:

Other:

Other / global :

Bugs :

_______

Seriously tho? Sturgia weaker than khuzait? Battanian infantry needs to be faster even though they have the fastest units already? Cav lancer should be 200 when sturgian and aserai cavs are better in almost all ways?

I feel like all those balance issues tied to a class could have been resolved so much easier with the warband class system.
Warband was far from balanced though. Khergits were literally banned from being used on 99% of servers. Rhodoks had terrible shields for melee combat and awkward weapons. Veagirs had the ridiculously and equally broken Elite and regular scimitars. Nords & Swadians got a great range of armour whereas Rhodoks went from a couple of hundred gold filthy rags straight to top-tier chainmail with nothing in between. Swadians had access to the greatsword (and no one else did) which was broken as all balls; and the great lance which was again terribly busted in a 1v1 cav fight.

I mean this doesn't mean it was impossible but dear god was Warband unbalanced... I loved it but it was all over the place. NeoGK (amongst other mods) did good work it but still; it was not the gold standard of balanced gameplay :grin:

Back
Top Bottom