Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

That is directly what im saying. The offer to duel me is on the table.

With all due respect, I lowkey don’t trust you. Keep your malware away from me. Give me your steam info and we can party up into a game and fight it out.

TRIAL BY COMBAT

what will the devs update next
:iamamoron::fruity::grin:

Last edited:
With all due respect, I lowkey don’t trust you. Keep your malware away from me. Give me your steam info and we can party up into a game and fight it out.

TRIAL BY COMBAT

What the hell just go on the duel server? Like why not is eb gonna hack you or something

What the hell just go on the duel server? Like why not is eb gonna hack you or something

I don’t know what randoms on the internet do or are capable of. I’m good with a fun friendly 1v1 in bannerlord. I’m not cool with getting harassed or swatted irl. You know a kid got shot by swat irl right because an online troll got upset about a game? Dudes never even met. It’s just not worth it

TRIAL BY COMBAT

wtf lol im just asking you to join the duel server taleworlds provided and fight me.

Steam is [RCC] Eb

Did you think I meant like 1800s pistol duel? I cannot possibly imagine what you thought I meant by a duel.

wtf lol im just asking you to join the duel server taleworlds provided and fight me.

Steam is [RCC] Eb

Did you think I meant like 1800s pistol duel? I cannot possibly imagine what you thought I meant by a duel.

The Internet scares me. I just want to be clear it’s only a 1v1 in Bannerlord concerning Bannerlord.

Steam is officialpotato

Am potat :grin:

The Internet scares me. I just want to be clear it’s only a 1v1 in Bannerlord concerning Bannerlord.

Steam is officialpotato

Am potat :grin:

As long as it's on the official duel server, you're about as safe as you'd be on Skirmish or Captain

You're right though, especially in other games like Gmod for example, it is possible to plant malware through connection to a game server, although it still needs to surpass any firewall the server has in place if it's not owned by the user, and then your computers defences.

The windows defender your computer already has installed should stop most hacks even if you did allow them access accidentally, so you're probably okay for connecting to games servers in general. But as a rule of thumb when gaming, if it's official, it's probably safe.

As long as it's on the official duel server, you're about as safe as you'd be on Skirmish or Captain

You're right though, especially in other games like Gmod for example, it is possible to plant malware through connection to a game server, although it still needs to surpass any firewall the server has in place if it's not owned by the user, and then your computers defences.

The windows defender your computer already has installed should stop most hacks even if you did allow them access accidentally, so you're probably okay for connecting to games servers in general. But as a rule of thumb when gaming, if it's official, it's probably safe.

Yeah. I’m pretty passionate about video games but there’s enough I don’t know that it worries me. I have enough to deal with irl as it is and I need to make it to work on Monday or I can’t buy food.

Yeah. I’m pretty passionate about video games but there’s enough I don’t know that it worries me. I have enough to deal with irl as it is and I need to make it to work on Monday or I can’t buy food.

Fair enough dude, it's better to be cautious than foolhardy. Just thought I'd try alleviate some worry.

Something dense

I didn't say that the class system is make or break. However, it is an important issue for many members of the community, and we'd rather it changed. Your consistently uncharitable readings of others don't make you clever, they make you insufferable to talk to. First you accuse Eb of being bloodthirsty when he asks for accountability, now this. If you want people to take you seriously, don't deliberately misunderstand them then strut around like you won an argument. While we're at it: if this was the game's only flaw, I don't see why we'd ignore it because everything else is good. Your argument that "people will keep pointing out flaws (even if there's only one) because they want to complain" is the same as saying "people will keep complaining about food with hairs (even if there's only one) in it because they want to complain."

I wonder though if people are blaming the class system and making it like a scape goat for all their concerns with the game. Really does the method through which you choose your equipment matter that much to you?

Surely as long as the combat gets improved, servers get improved, game modes etc... AND assuming the class system gets revamped and improved. Does this really ruin the game for you? Imagine a world where everything but the class system was exactly how you wanted it; would the class system prevent you enjoying the game? Genuine question - not an incitement for fighting like I normally do :wink:

To me I really don't give a **** how I get my weapon, what weapon or anything; as long as that M&B combat works then I am going to have fun. So as far as I'm concerned improvements to combat parametres should be concerns 1, 2 & 3. Then we can worry about extras. In the end we will spend 90% of our playtime on mods anyway - so as long as the mechanical foundations are good; stuff like classes will sort themselves out.
I dont use it as a scapegoat at all, theres no reason for that. Warband had mechanics that I absolutely hated and when it was removed in bannerlord, I was incredibly happy about it. I can enjoy the game for its faults, but for the life of me I dont understand why I should when it doesnt make sense to keep it. I want the freedom to pick what I want to without being limited by, no offence taleworld, people who dont play the game. Tonight I played Warband with 1 person without a helmet, 1 person without shoes (and a dress but thats a different story) and 1 person with "proper" equipment. The system allowed each of us to pick what we wanted, while playing the same class. That matters a lot when playing casually. For competitive I enjoy going over the equipment options and seing how we can optimise our setup through drops, which is now almost entirely diminished unless you count swapping classes (which we cant do atm because items on the ground dissapear too fast)
Will it ruin the game for me if the classes stay? Not entirely. It definitly ruins public play more than competitive. Will it massively reduce my enjoyment of the game? Absolutely. I dont want to be Varyag #3 with a fishbanner.
Improvements to the combat will come, we shouldnt expect anything major. Will they re-do animations?Highly doubtfull. Honestly I guarantee more people would return if they removed classes(and note when I say that I mean return to the warband way) than if combat was fixed.
The reason we spend our time on mods for warband is the game is very plain and thats entirely ok, its an ancient game and they were limited back then. That limitation is mostly gone but our product is not only more expensive but more basic and limiting than the older product. Warband didnt have matchmaking, bannerlord will. If/when skins will be sold, its in Taleworlds best interest to keep people playing Native. And, I dont have any coding experience myself, how hard would it be to entirely remove the class system, considering just how vital it is? Classes are not extra, the class system is arguably more important than combat, and this is from a 10 year veteran competitive player.

I dont use it as a scapegoat at all, theres no reason for that. Warband had mechanics that I absolutely hated and when it was removed in bannerlord, I was incredibly happy about it. I can enjoy the game for its faults, but for the life of me I dont understand why I should when it doesnt make sense to keep it. I want the freedom to pick what I want to without being limited by, no offence taleworld, people who dont play the game. Tonight I played Warband with 1 person without a helmet, 1 person without shoes (and a dress but thats a different story) and 1 person with "proper" equipment. The system allowed each of us to pick what we wanted, while playing the same class. That matters a lot when playing casually. For competitive I enjoy going over the equipment options and seing how we can optimise our setup through drops, which is now almost entirely diminished unless you count swapping classes (which we cant do atm because items on the ground dissapear too fast)
Will it ruin the game for me if the classes stay? Not entirely. It definitly ruins public play more than competitive. Will it massively reduce my enjoyment of the game? Absolutely. I dont want to be Varyag #3 with a fishbanner.
Improvements to the combat will come, we shouldnt expect anything major. Will they re-do animations?Highly doubtfull. Honestly I guarantee more people would return if they removed classes(and note when I say that I mean return to the warband way) than if combat was fixed.
The reason we spend our time on mods for warband is the game is very plain and thats entirely ok, its an ancient game and they were limited back then. That limitation is mostly gone but our product is not only more expensive but more basic and limiting than the older product. Warband didnt have matchmaking, bannerlord will. If/when skins will be sold, its in Taleworlds best interest to keep people playing Native. And, I dont have any coding experience myself, how hard would it be to entirely remove the class system, considering just how vital it is? Classes are not extra, the class system is arguably more important than combat, and this is from a 10 year veteran competitive player.
Can confirm. Would return (at least for a good while) if classes were removed. I would return and play thousands of hours if they removed classes and added battle. I would return and play tens of thousands of hours if they did all of the above, along with profiles, banners, and continually made progress on smoothing out and fixing combat. (Along with the already promised server files and module system.)

Choosing optimal equipment wasn't really fun in Warband. It was more just that you could have the **** stick or the better stick, or maybe another different stick that was longer. I don't think it really felt like it mattered at all, while the new system in place forces you to make descisions that change the classes playstyle as opposed to just being a choice of an upgrade. Yeah I didn't like it at first, but frankly it just made me realise that Warband's system was needless and anyways you always just had that one stupid looking guy running naked with a two-handed sword.

Choosing optimal equipment wasn't really fun in Warband. It was more just that you could have the **** stick or the better stick, or maybe another different stick that was longer. I don't think it really felt like it mattered at all, while the new system in place forces you to make descisions that change the classes playstyle as opposed to just being a choice of an upgrade. Yeah I didn't like it at first, but frankly it just made me realise that Warband's system was needless and anyways you always just had that one stupid looking guy running naked with a two-handed sword.
reported for trolling.

reported for trolling.
41f568ea9ce684253af465c459dde22f.jpg

you could have the **** stick or the better stick, or maybe another different stick that was longer. I don't think it really felt like it mattered at all
Thank you for explaining BL's perk system to us. To respond to the rest of your claim: besides armour values and speed (which would still be considered in Warband's system), what makes one archer or infantry class different from another one? How are their playstyles at all different? Do you seriously mean to tell me that you play wildling differently to oathsworn, or that Warband can't achieve the same distinction?

On the topic of varyag #3 with a fishbanner, although some parts of the ui look really good, we shouldn’t see what the enemy is bringing until we find out on our own. Now we can see exactly how many cav or ranged units they have as soon as spawning. This is yet another huge missed opportunity. Details like this lead me to believe TaleWorlds has a lack of experience concerning game design for competitive or casual mp.

But I agree completely that getting rid of the classes ASAP seems like an easy fix and it’s the best fix. The artwork is excellent. Production quality is rough but almost excellent. It would be so easy to design a balanced system for equipment.

Take skirmish only.

1 handed/bow 50g
Shield 25g
2 handed 75g
Armor 100g
Head armor 25g
Mount 100g

Losing round 150g
Winning round 500g
1 kill 300g

And you can buy your teammates gear. Best of 15 rounds. There done.

I literally just outlined a well balanced mp system that would “prevent obscure meta builds from dominating and would promote teamplay and communication” in 5 min while sitting on the crapper. Deciding to let the community all come up with their own rules and mods will only fracture the community and is a gigantic cop out.

How is the ceo not livid??

Last edited:
Does this really ruin the game for you? Imagine a world where everything but the class system was exactly how you wanted it; would the class system prevent you enjoying the game? Genuine question - not an incitement for fighting like I normally do :wink:

In the end we will spend 90% of our playtime on mods anyway - so as long as the mechanical foundations are good; stuff like classes will sort themselves out.

Yes, it does ruin the game. If everything else were “perfect”, as it were, I think everyone would complain about it because it’s bad game design and gamers have loads of experience interacting with well thought out mechanics to be willing to accept anything except something well engineered.

I don’t want to spend 90% of my time on mods. I want to see native on the top of the steam charts.

I want to feel proud of TaleWorlds and right now I’m not.

I don’t know what randoms on the internet do or are capable of. I’m good with a fun friendly 1v1 in bannerlord. I’m not cool with getting harassed or swatted irl. You know a kid got shot by swat irl right because an online troll got upset about a game? Dudes never even met. It’s just not worth it

As an upstanding and trustworthy member of this community I will vouch that Ebdanian will give you a fair fight and will most likely not get you shot somehow

As an upstanding and trustworthy member of this community I will vouch that Ebdanian will give you a fair fight and will most likely not get you shot somehow

Eb has doxxed me after I beat him in a skirmish. He used a little known exploit associated with throwing weapons to steal my personal details, and now I get pizza called to my house hourly. Don't duel him man, he'll ruin your life.

Back
Top Bottom