SP Tutorial Animation How to make animated map icons in OpenBRF

Users who are viewing this thread

f8pft6zht9dkzwn6g.jpg
7ljuz4zg2x8t8cv6g.jpg
rf9eh11l7sws8os6g.jpg
vhqiuihuauxwmnp6g.jpg
mn9l0bbhuhakmw96g.jpg
Congratulations, great looking map icons.

ur72kahvsgwpurm6g.jpg

small problem .... an icon of lord appears next to the mill .... I have added the script of custom icons of Janycz Maybe that could be causing me something?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/map-icons-pack.303947/
Janycz's script seems to assign whatever is in ":icon" to every party checked. Try changing the end of his code from:
Code:
    (try_end),
    (party_set_icon, ":party", ":icon"),
(try_end),
]},
to:
Code:
    (try_end),
        (try_begin),
           (neq, ":party", "p_windmill_1"),   
        (try_end),
(try_end),
]},

Janycz's script seems to assign whatever is in ":icon" to every party checked. Try changing the end of his code from:
Code:
    (try_end),
(try_end),
]},
to:
Code:
    (try_end),
        (try_begin),
           (neq, ":party", "p_windmill_1"),  
        (try_end),
(try_end),
]},
ok thanks i will try it once i connect from the pc ... now i am from the cell phone

After many tests, there are several things to consider:
1 I did what you told me and there were no changes
2 the instructions to put the banner_windmill says, "insert after banner_135", I have 147 banners and native 136 (which is at the end, after the map_flag_kingdom), so I put it after the 146 flag (over map_flag_kingdom_a), which is the flag of San Martin (the icon that appeared under the mill), this affects its flag.
3 I changed places map_windmill (under one of my icons above) and left banner_windmill under banner_147 but the mill appears in the air and not on the ground.
4 the instructions to put windmill_1 says, "insert before final] bracket", but the icon does not appear on the map, I moved it over spawn_points_end and there it does appear ...
I did so many tests that I don't even remember the combinations, I'll keep trying ...

After many tests, there are several things to consider:
1 I did what you told me and there were no changes
2 the instructions to put the banner_windmill says, "insert after banner_135", I have 147 banners and native 136 (which is at the end, after the map_flag_kingdom), so I put it after the 146 flag (over map_flag_kingdom_a), which is the flag of San Martin (the icon that appeared under the mill), this affects its flag.
3 I changed places map_windmill (under one of my icons above) and left banner_windmill under banner_147 but the mill appears in the air and not on the ground.
4 the instructions to put windmill_1 says, "insert before final] bracket", but the icon does not appear on the map, I moved it over spawn_points_end and there it does appear ...
I did so many tests that I don't even remember the combinations, I'll keep trying ...
As my suggestion didn’t help, I’m not sure what in your mod is swapping the haystack for another map icon. I hope you track it down.

Last edited:
As my suggestion didn’t help, I’m not sure what in your mod is swapping the haystack for another map icon. I hope you track it down.
I did it, I tried a copy of native and everything was fine, then I did everything again (put codes) and I realized that when I translated the page into Spanish, in the instruction to put map_windmill the numbers at the end, some points " . " I translated them into commas "," ... but putting everything as it should be, it didn't work well for me, so I had to move some things and it finally worked ...
I do not know what happens to my mod in map icons since the bandit lair is at the end of my module and it did not appear until I changed it in a higher place ... thanks anyway.

I did it, I tried a copy of native and everything was fine, then I did everything again (put codes) and I realized that when I translated the page into Spanish, in the instruction to put map_windmill the numbers at the end, some points " . " I translated them into commas "," ... but putting everything as it should be, it didn't work well for me, so I had to move some things and it finally worked ...
I do not know what happens to my mod in map icons since the bandit lair is at the end of my module and it did not appear until I changed it in a higher place ... thanks anyway.
(y)

Now I have another problem ...
I did all the steps as it should be, the windmill rotates smoothly in its 11 frames in openBRF but in the game (including in native) the sail rotates 1/4 soft and jumps a little space and continues another 1/4 smooth and jumps and so on....
What can be?

Good afternoon. Tell me. please on that question. When I split courser.lod2_anim_hourse, it turns out not 555 frames, but 866. Shall I use the same digital numbering as you indicated?

Good afternoon. Tell me. please on that question. When I split courser.lod2_anim_hourse, it turns out not 555 frames, but 866. Shall I use the same digital numbering as you indicated?
I don't know. I was never clear why I could only get OpenBRF to transfer 555 of the original 866 horse animation frames - possibly a memory issue which you've resolved with better hardware.
I'd try them and see what you get. If they don't work you need to review the horse animation frames. Individual blocks of animations are all stacked together. Just find the block containing all the trotting animations. Divide the number of trotting frames by 9 (won't be exact) and try to pick frames approx that far apart to get as smooth a sequence of trotting frames as possible. For the two 554 frames pick a frame for your horse in an at rest position.
Good luck. :smile:

Last edited:
I don't know. I was never clear why I could only get OpenBRF to transfer 555 of the original 866 horse animation frames - possibly a memory issue which you've resolved with better hardware.
I'd try them and see what you get. If they don't work you need to review the horse animation frames. Individual blocks of animations are all stacked together. Just find the block containing all the trotting animations. Divide the number of trotting frames by 9 (won't be exact) and try to pick frames approx that far apart to get as smooth a sequence of trotting frames as possible. For the two 554 frames pick a frame for your horse in an at rest position.
Good luck. :smile:
Thank you, I already figured it out
tatar_armies(1).png

tatar_armies_3(1).png

qirim_army(1).png
sibir_army(1).png

Back
Top Bottom