So they took Mexxico down

Do you want Mexxico to continue giving information instead of Callum?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

@Duh_TaleWorlds

I must admit, I find it quite peculiar that none of you have the ''responsibility'' to communicate with the community during work time. It doesn't even have to be one FTE, it could be just a few hours a week. Anyways, I have mentioned this before so I won't use more energy on this matter haha
I think you misunderstood. I am specifically talking about developers that work on the game and have been hired to work on the game.

Oh, right. Well I was referring to the absence of Callum for a long time before last week. I mean in general I would say that communication has not been exactly smooth, though it is improving lately.

@Duh_TaleWorlds

I must admit, I find it quite peculiar that none of you have the ''responsibility'' to communicate with the community during work time. It doesn't even have to be one FTE, it could be just a few hours a week. Anyways, I have mentioned this before so I won't use more energy on this matter haha
Even just having a dev, or maybe not even a dev, just someone who can be up to date with internal status and direction that can take even just 15 minutes a day to peek through the forums and see what the community's most pressing issues are would be awesome. I get that a lot of posts are reposts and just inflammatory rage, but even having a couple of people who can shed some light on descisions would be awesome. When the developers and even moderators who have great information do share, it really does make the posts better. Maybe the answer to this would be to have a stickied post or even a seperate area to post direct questions and requests for information to make this process easier. Just kind of frustrating when we still have no answers on a situation like the CCP admins and we have no direct place to contact a developer and even have a chance to get an answer.

Just kind of frustrating when we still have no answers on a situation like the CCP admins and we have no direct place to contact a developer and even have a chance to get an answer.
As far as I know there have been a number of company statements on that matter. From the wording of your post, i would guesstimate your concern is with who does the banning...
We have already responded to this, but allow me to reiterate. We are the only ones with access to our backend services. The bans were processed in good faith after being reported to us as being cheaters. All of the bans were later reduced to 1 week.

We have worked on a solution to the problem and are confident that this won't happen again once our new system is in place.
There may be more recent statements as well, but my area is the singeplayer, so i am not sure.

I figured this was hearsay. We need to let Mexxico have a break from forums without flipping out and coming up with conspiracy theories.

I know right. I mean I saw him post very recently I think? The guy goes a day or two without posting and suddenly the guy has been Epsteined.

I believe the issue here is that Callum feels less like a community manager in comparison to developers, who have this task not assigned to them.
TaleWorlds absolutely has no obligation to talk to the community... but that makes for poor PR.

In my experience community managers only ever post when they have to. They'll perhaps herald a content patch or a competition or something, but I very rarely see them just chatting in forums. So that seems pretty normal. You're right though, devs often do a better job of interacting with the community.

Where did you hear this? Dude is probably just working on something else. It's been said multiple times they're working on "refactoring the code" (whatever that is) so he's probably just occupied with things that don't require feedback from the community.

I don't think TW would be so boneheaded as to silence someone for facilitating the early access process.

I believe the issue here is that Callum feels less like a community manager in comparison to developers

He used to be way more active, I really would like to know why he is so absent recently. But its just way better anyways, to get information directly from the responsible devs themselfes. They know their stuff best after all. Furthermore, one person is simply not enough, for the amount of questions asked and things to tell us.

but I very rarely see them just chatting in forums

Callum used to do that.

I don't think TW would be so boneheaded as to silence someone for facilitating the early access process.

I don't think so either. Otherwise the other devs wouldn't be here either.

As far as I know there have been a number of company statements on that matter. From the wording of your post, i would guesstimate your concern is with who does the banning...

There may be more recent statements as well, but my area is the singeplayer, so i am not sure.

When can we expect a patch to marry Rhagaea?
Thank

Just to nib this in the butt - nobody was shut down. Developers engage the community at their own leisure. That is to say that we are neither prohibited from nor obligated to discuss things as our work responsibility is with developing the game.
Hey, sorry for the question. So essentially, when we see the Devs posting and answering threads, they're doing this in their free time, rather than this being part of their tasks in any way?
I just wanted to make sure I understand that correctly since it does make a difference whether y'all are actually supposed to be showing up here from time to time vs this being a voluntary choice on top of your actual work

The issue was more about why the bans were banned in "good faith" in the first place and have yet to hear what steps have been done to prevent a false ban in the future, but regardless, I don't want to get into that here as the main point is it would be great if we could have a way to better communicate with you guys and limit useless hate and trolling. I would think most of us here, even those sometimes really angry and upset, want to see the game get even better and a bit more insight into the future plans and ways to have questions answered would be great. I am thankful many of you are willing to post in your free time but it seems like a community manager could maybe be a little more involved with the community forums

Inappropriate advertising / spam
@Duh_TaleWorlds

They legit have a community manager for this purpose. No dev in any game should be forced to talk to us smelly bellys. Thats why certain developers become like champions in other communities. They CHOOSE to spend THEIR time to appease us.

The problem is the community manager has been afk for a bit. I dont want to throw shade at him too much as we dont know anything behind the scenes. Also community manager can be difficult for some to grasp. To be apart of the community isnt natural for some. We are weird, especially myself.
When can we expect a patch to marry Rhagaea?
Thank
Marry her daughter you damn milf hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello friends,

Nobody did not take me down:smile:

I just started using my yearly vacation. I know it is not a good time but needed to do this because of special reasons.

Thanks for your care and interest,

So... Patch to marry Rhagaea when?

We are saving this key feature for release:smile: Or it can be a good dlc:smile:

By the way Callum and Falk (@Duh_TaleWorlds) are informing people as much as they can do. We have a very detailed game and it is hard for one community manager to give answers about each question.

In addition Falk is the guy who helps most / understands me best in office and he really cares game progress, when there is a problem (new bug) he is the person who get stressed / worried most. He is also very active in forum.

If there is a problem in communication it is not mostly related to community manager (especially for our detailed game) it can be only solved by more developers follow forums spend 30 minutes each day for searching if there is any forum thread related their works collect feedbacks about latest developments answer related questions and learn what players think about possible future development ways in their responsible parts. Directly collecting reactions / feedbacks of players is best way of improving our game. But as you know our English is not so good so maybe some devs think that if we write some info we can make grammer mistakes (thats why i edit my messages so much) it can seem not formal maybe they do not post at forum frequently because of this even they read. It is obvious to create a good game you need to keep in touch with players all the time. Success of Warband was result of this.

Last edited:
Just to nib this in the butt - nobody was shut down. Developers engage the community at their own leisure. That is to say that we are neither prohibited from nor obligated to discuss things as our work responsibility is with developing the game.

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel like players are for some reason becoming hostile against the devs recently and not simply complaining about the game - which would ok.

Callum has done great work in the past and I don't think the forum is the only thing he has to care for.

Callum recently engaged with us and after we ( me included) as a community complained about a statement he made, he hasn't done that anymore. That was only a few days ago.
I can't blame him. I guess that is frustrating even if it´s part of his job.
Compared to the Beta, communication has improved, and I guess Callum will come back to speak with us again.

Also this:

Hello friends,

Nobody did not take me down:smile:

I just started using my yearly vacation. I know it is not a good time but needed to do this because of special reasons.

Thanks for your care and interest,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom