Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

It really boggles my mind that the devs playtest the combat changes, by far the most controversial part of MP, by themselves. You need a beta server NOW and let people try them AS YOU CHANGE THEM. We have all seen what only-dev testing did in the past, we clearly have a big gab between us when it comes to how design of MP should be. Not trying to be an ass here, just stating facts and obvious things.

Just because you are not a part of the play test you should not conclude that no other persons but TW employees join those plattests. You should really relax. I see your cringe rage posts all the time and almost all of them are hyperbolic and without cause and sustenance.

Just because you are not a part of the play test you should not conclude that no other persons but TW employees join those plattests. You should really relax. I see your cringe rage posts all the time and almost all of them are hyperbolic and without cause and sustenance.
I used to be like you Dextrus - I tried to argue with the Dain Margot. Talk to it. interact with it like a human...however I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Dainmargot is a force of nature, a breeze through the window, a howl in the distance. It cannot be reasoned with; it cannot be stopped. You just have to strap in and enjoy the ride.

I used to be like you Dextrus - I tried to argue with the Dain Margot. Talk to it. interact with it like a human...however I'm afraid you are wasting your time. Dainmargot is a force of nature, a breeze through the window, a howl in the distance. It cannot be reasoned with; it cannot be stopped. You just have to strap in and enjoy the ride.
Nice job, you used a hyperbole yourself!
Either way, he does have a point. Dev-only testing without input or feedback has given us the extremely lackluster MP we have today, and is what gave TW the ideas of "classes are objectively better", and "rEaLiStiC blocking is a good idea" to begin with.

*cough* so what happened to the first one? Are they all implemented yet?

- Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.
Implemented and working.

- The new Player Reporting System is close to completion
In Beta branch.

- We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.
As AVRC mentioned, it is still being worked on but coming soon.

- ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends
Implemented

- forming Clans in-game
Mentioned in this one.

- Ranked Matchmaking
We have the technical side working but it needs fine-tuning and testing. There might be changes we want to do later, I can't give a timeline on this one unfortunately.

- new maps
The TDM map had issues so we needed to remove it from pool. That issue now is fixed (fix will also help with all maps) but it will be in the next patch. I believe some more are coming pretty soon but others can give a more accurate answer.

- server stability
Our server infrastructure consists of multiple independent clusters working together. We have moved one to a new and improved system, it is currently being tested on Oceania. So far it is working fine. The biggest cluster is currently being moved, which is what will be tested on Beta branch with other changes soon.

Nice job, you used a hyperbole yourself!

EDIT - Scratch all of that. I went to bite back. Not anymore. I don't want to fight you Maroon. I apologise for my temper; can we move on?

man-offering-handshake.jpg

Wouldn't it be I used hyperbole? Not I used 'a' hyperbole. That's like saying I used 'a' sarcasm? Just a thought on that...
EDIT - Scratch all of that. I went to bite back. Not anymore. I don't want to fight you Maroon. I apologise for my temper; can we move on?

Not trying to be sarcastic or to pick a fight, just glad to see you're catching on.
On a grammatical note, I understand the word to be used the same way as "exaggeration", in that you can make an exaggeration, or you can use exaggeration. English is not my native language, however, so you may well have been right.

Not trying to be sarcastic or to pick a fight, just glad to see you're catching on.
On a grammatical note, I understand the word to be used the same way as "exaggeration", in that you can make an exaggeration, or you can use exaggeration. English is not my native language, however, so you may well have been right.
Apologies Maroon -I changed that message quickly. But not quick enough. I don't want to pick a fight anymore. It's wrong of me to take out my frustration on my fellow community members - I know you guys mean best and we are on the same side. I just wish you guys could share in my optimism for the project a little more is all.

This thread is good news; and despite it's flaws the game is already fun to me - yeah it's not competitive ready but I'm not expecting it to be that yet. We are just a few changes away from getting the bannerlord we wanted.. and this thread suggests that might be whats coming soon... I wish we could all be happy about that.

Last edited:
It really boggles my mind that the devs playtest the combat changes, by far the most controversial part of MP, by themselves. You need a beta server NOW and let people try them AS YOU CHANGE THEM. We have all seen what only-dev testing did in the past, we clearly have a big gab between us when it comes to how design of MP should be. Not trying to be an ass here, just stating facts and obvious things.

There actually might be some people from the community who aren't part of the dev team testing those..? Just an assumption based on the information we were given some time ago. Otherwise I am not sure why you are so certain we will be pleased by the update :p @AVRC

Double Posting
PAHAHAHAHA
You wanna explain that or what...? I can see why you are on probation...

but to me;

Combat Changes
Perk Improvements
Map Improvements
Custom Servers

and I'm content MP wise. All of this has been promised in the near future by AVRC - but we will see. What do you want changed?

There actually might be some people from the community who aren't part of the dev team testing those..? Just an assumption based on the information we were given some time ago. Otherwise I am not sure why you are so certain we will be pleased by the update :p @AVRC

I presume it will be a big update to combat/classes. Should be interesting; I'm certainly not going to discard it out of hand.

If I could bring it back to the matter at hand:
Could a dev or moderator link/quote the dev replies in this thread in the OP? As mentioned before, the OP is super vague, where the additional comments actually give more detail. If we have it all in one place, it'll be much easier to find for future reference.

Since stuff like badges, levels, earned cosmetics and stats tracking hardly ever go along with modding I woudl like to ask if modding support for multiplayer is still planned? Will these features get in a way of creating a mod like PW or Mercenaries?

Since stuff like badges, levels, earned cosmetics and stats tracking hardly ever go along with modding I woudl like to ask if modding support for multiplayer is still planned? Will these features get in a way of creating a mod like PW or Mercenaries?

If it's hardcoded, then it will be hard, if not downright impossible to change or remove it. I hope that it will be easily moddable.

Let's hope these things will be optional or at least won't impact the game that much. It would be a mistake and a damn shame to just disregard multiplayer modding.

Otherwise a situation similar to the GTA Online/FiveM one may and will almost certainly occur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom