Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Looking forward for these combat parameters to be 'adjusted'. Community will judge it further.

I'm doubling the questions:

-hosting dedicated servers would be available in some time or ever? (I'm suggesting dedicated servers can easily work without achievement, badges system)

-Is mapmaking be able for non coding people as a editor during EA, after full release or never?

Cool stuffs for the immediate future. I like them. Especially the part: "We are aiming to have a progression system on par with other popular multiplayer titles. This will not be an overnight change, we will be adding systems one by one."

Noice. (y)

@azakhi Will progress earned whilst in Beta testing phase be attributed to a players overall progress or will progress be lost, seeing as it is a beta?

Beta branch will be completely separate and will not affect Live branch. So you won't see the progression made on Live and matches played on Beta will not affect Live.

So, I very much appreciate the effort and thought behind this post. I'd just like to add that the additional comments you guys have been making have been far more enlightening than the OP.

Statements like these don't actually say anything:
  • "We are testing many combinations of perks and equipment to improve the Troops"
  • "expect some adjustments after the Combat changes go live"
  • "Combat is getting some changes in the form of adjustments to combat parameters."
  • "The Clan system will be built in parts as we keep adding new features"
That's about as useful as patch notes that say "we improved the game".

On the other hands, statements like these:
I don't have an exact change log because it keeps getting adjusted and play tested, but I can say that block, swing, feint, movement speeds are being adjusted among other changes.

No plans to put them on the beta YET, but we might do it later on when we are happy with the changes. We will have another test tonight and see how it goes.
We have held off on publishing it, because we are not just working on content but also investing a fair bit of time into refactoring some of the code base. Generally speaking, this tends to be a bit painful when it happens but is a necessity in software development that improves the long term health of a project. At the moment we are testing these changes and are trying to resolve any bugs that came with them (an unavoidable consequence of refactoring a program with this level of complexity).
This is useful! This tells us what to expect, and what you're working on. Radio silence broken by vague statements is no better than full radio silence. Update posts like this one actually tell us what you're planning to work on, and what you think is important.

So please, don't be afraid to talk about your goals and reasoning in posts like these: "We want to achieve X in multiplayer, so we're planning to implement changes Y and Z, which has effects A, B, and C".

Because right now you can only edit map codes decoding it to custom editor.
Well you said for after release also in original code, where tools will be for the player. TW is going to give us editor tools and i don't see why you would need coding experience for this.
What's the tool that helps to make map without any knowladge? I would like to know.
I meant after they release the tools, when the scene editor is out u know

So, I very much appreciate the effort and thought behind this post. I'd just like to add that the additional comments you guys have been making have been far more enlightening than the OP.

• "We are testing many combinations of perks and equipment to improve the Troops"
  • "Combat is getting some changes in the form of adjustments to combat parameters."

This is useful! This tells us what to expect, and what you're working on. Radio silence broken by vague statements is no better than full radio silence. Update posts like this one actually tell us what you're planning to work on, and what you think is important.

So please, don't be afraid to talk about your goals and reasoning in posts like these: "We want to achieve X in multiplayer, so we're planning to implement changes Y and Z, which has effects A, B, and C".
Totally seconded.

I absolutely agree.
ImmediateAngryDunnart-max-1mb.gif

can we move badges down the list of priorities?
No we can not.

They may seem pointless to you now but implementing them the way they are, for now, will allow us to build the base for features like giving rewards for leveling, daily/weekly quests, tracking achievements per match or over time, creating timed events, having limited time rewards and many many more....

As I mentioned above, we will build the progression system piece by piece and this is merely the first piece of something much bigger.

This is why I am here.

-hosting dedicated servers would be available in some time or ever? (I'm suggesting dedicated servers can easily work without achievement, badges system)

The ETA on player/custom servers has been with full release for a while now. They may come earlier, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

No we can not.

They may seem pointless to you now but implementing them the way they are, for now, will allow us to build the base for features like giving rewards for leveling, daily/weekly quests, tracking achievements per match or over time, creating timed events, having limited time rewards and many many more....

As I mentioned above, we will build the progression system piece by piece and this is merely the first piece of something much bigger.

I don't understand this. Who is requesting these features? What will MMO-style dailies add to Bannerlord matches? Is this what's holding up the release of dedicated servers?

Back
Top Bottom