Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

full stop. You are knowingly contributing to the death of a 15 year franchise.

Rebuild your balancing from the ground up and maybe in 8 months the game will be playable.

It's hilarious because they justified their class system with the idea that "knights would look like knights." I have seen Vlandian peasants riding on warhorses with a lance. This design choice contradicts their design philosophy... How?

Armagon and crew obviously have a plan for this game. I'm pretty sure this still is a passion project for them.

Unfortunately, whatever their vision is is not what 90% of us want.

So we're all just waiting for the mods.

I have seen men dressed in shower caps pick up recurve bows dropped by mongolian horse archers and proceed to use them as they were trained for years in the ways of archery...

Rebuild your balancing from the ground up and maybe in 8 months the game will be playable.

I don’t see a problem with player characters being able to pick up and use everything and really hope they don’t change that. I do think the class system is broken and not fun and I’m really curious who and how the idea came about because my niece can design a better game concept...

I don’t see a problem with player characters being able to pick up and use everything and really hope they don’t change that. I do think the class system is broken and not fun and I’m really curious who and how the idea came about because my niece can design a better game concept...
It makes mistakes redundant. If I die as a 160 gold khuzait archer I can just spawn as a spear infantry, pick up my bow and keep shooting

It makes mistakes redundant. If I die as a 160 gold khuzait archer I can just spawn as a spear infantry, pick up my bow and keep shooting
This, they wanted people to take classes and specialize in them with the role assigned to them (eg shock infantry) but it ends being people going on horses or taking a bow as second wep as infantry

It's almost as if Warband had this exact same problem in the beta, and we got it fixed by raising skill requirements to ride horses, removing bolts/arrows from non-ranged classes between rounds, and adjusting proficiencies so that off-class weapons were not very effective. You don't see people running hybrid loadouts in Warband anymore. Yet here we are, 10 years later, repeating old mistakes. We have skill requirements on horses & ranged weapons in SP, they just need to be enabled for MP and skills for various classes need to be adjusted so that foot troops can't mount (heavy) horses and infantry/cavalry can't pick up bows.

This, they wanted people to take classes and specialize in them with the role assigned to them (eg shock infantry) but it ends being people going on horses or taking a bow as second wep as infantry

If you’re talking about tdm or skirmish, I don’t know how you would avoid chaos and mayhem. It’s a melee with zero structure besides kill red.

If I couldn’t pick up and use what a deleted player/ai drops then that seems worse idk that would make me rage.

If you’re talking about tdm or skirmish, I don’t know how you would avoid chaos and mayhem. It’s a melee with zero structure besides kill red.

If I couldn’t pick up and use what a deleted player/ai drops then that seems worse idk that would make me rage.
You can pick up stuff, just not everything. If you're infantry you should be able to pick up any weapon, if you're archer, you could pick up weapons but you would have lower damage output as opposed to infantry who is specialized in it.

What if it was Armagan's idea?

It's almost as if Warband had this exact same problem in the beta, and we got it fixed by raising skill requirements to ride horses, removing bolts/arrows from non-ranged classes between rounds, and adjusting proficiencies so that off-class weapons were not very effective. You don't see people running hybrid loadouts in Warband anymore. Yet here we are, 10 years later, repeating old mistakes. We have skill requirements on horses & ranged weapons in SP, they just need to be enabled for MP and skills for various classes need to be adjusted so that foot troops can't mount (heavy) horses and infantry/cavalry can't pick up bows.
And Warband MP never was a success in any regard. Granted, they never put as much effort into it, or marketing, but still I don't get why you people refer to Warband MP as some kind of a success story that TW should strive to repeat. I loved it, but it was never anything big, despite me eagerly wanting it to be, hell I even bought the game to all of my friends and their dogs. It makes sense they are trying different approaches now to get a bigger audience.

You can pick up stuff, just not everything. If you're infantry you should be able to pick up any weapon, if you're archer, you could pick up weapons but you would have lower damage output as opposed to infantry who is specialized in it.

Having less proficiency based on your role makes sense. For tdm and skirmish I think the devs can let people with private servers sort things out for themselves.

If it were up to me I would give every player the same attribute levels and 20 units with a limited budget for attributes and equipment. I already feel like I’m playing a bad mod when I play mp... like mount and blade: half-baked call of duty

What if it was Armagan's idea?

And Warband MP never was a success in any regard. Granted, they never put as much effort into it, or marketing, but still I don't get why you people refer to Warband MP as some kind of a success story that TW should strive to repeat. I loved it, but it was never anything big, despite me eagerly wanting it to be, hell I even bought the game to all of my friends and their dogs. It makes sense they are trying different approaches now to get a bigger audience.

I don’t know what warband mp was like and I can appreciate the devs trying something new but I just can’t understand why they would design their mp in the way that they did. It’s like they play tested mp with kids who would never have liked playing mount and blade to begin with or something.

Pathetic...

It's a very small balance change - and it will probably get looked at as EA goes on. You are literally asking for someones life to be destroyed because you don't like the fact sometimes players pick up different weapons in a video game - like they can do in every other game ever...

You need to seriously work out your ****ing priorities in life. I am actually furious at how entitled, privileged and disjointed your world view must be that you actually genuinely believe someone should be made unemployed during a global pandemic because of that...

Get help.

Pathetic...

It's a very small balance change - and it will probably get looked at as EA goes on. You are literally asking for someones life to be destroyed because you don't like the fact sometimes players pick up different weapons in a video game - like they can do in every other game ever...

You need to seriously work out your ****ing priorities in life. I am actually furious at how entitled, privileged and disjointed your world view must be that you actually genuinely believe someone should be made unemployed during a global pandemic because of that...

+

Back
Top Bottom