Tactical decisions on the battlefield should play a bigger role in deciding the tide of battle

Users who are viewing this thread

[...]
Honestly I hope it was just Callum's personal opinion and that we get more strategy stuff.

I'm sure that's it... an opinion :roll: .

Maybe Callum should go on reddit again to ask about "the complexity" in bannerlord...I predict an answer as blunt as the one that brought them "what do you think of the MP?
The erotic dream of every M&B fan is to find a game that combines the M&B universe + Rts totalwaresque elements+ rolesque ala skyrim interaction + diplomatic complexity of CK + MP with a combat system worthy of it - with customization and massive bot/human server cappacity. That's what the fan really wants. The game should be complex enough for the modders to bring in brushstrokes to it, not fixes that should be implemented on their own.

But hey! wHe ArE In eArlY AcCeSs :iamamoron:

Maybe Callum should go on reddit again to ask about "the complexity" in bannerlord...I predict an answer as blunt as the one that brought them "what do you think of the MP?
I remember that, it was a cold slap in the face for TW i imagine, considering they probably expected a very different reaction from the Reddit community.

Looking for approval for dumbed down features anywhere, Reddit included, is a big waste of time if you ask me.

I could guarantee, that if Reddit community were to be asked about the glaring SP issues as well (formations, battle AI included), the answers would be almost copy/paste from Forum and Discord.
Gamers are gamers, this is a niche genre, we want very similar things.

However, I still want to be optimistic, keep on keeping on, and rock on.

I'm sure that's it... an opinion :roll: .

The erotic dream of every M&B fan is to find a game that combines the M&B universe + Rts totalwaresque elements+ rolesque ala skyrim interaction + diplomatic complexity of CK + MP with a combat system worthy of it - with customization and massive bot/human server cappacity. That's what the fan really wants. The game should be complex enough for the modders to bring in brushstrokes to it, not fixes that should be implemented on their own.

But hey! wHe ArE In eArlY AcCeSs :iamamoron:

Oh boy,

You know I really feel bad for giving TW or Callum ****, but there were a couple of really bad decisions since the beta.
On one hand TW made a game I loved on the other hand am I afraid that they ruin something potentially great.
Looking at the original post, maybe TW should really talk to the moder for that one. Gab's combat parameter mod was also strongly liked by the community and yet it has not been relevant for the patches.
Atleast they took your redesigns to heart and I hope that they take another look at your UI overhaul or the melee cluster thread.
The community has lot's to offer because we all want to see this game becoming our totalskyrimkings-wet dream.

Community manager is not the developer or sets game direction. The community manager is part of the development company yes, but you cannot take his words at gospel. A community manager tries their best to communicate with the community allowing the real developers to focus on the game.

Picking apart a community manager and crying foul reveals the sad nature of your real life character.

I strongly disagree with the original forum post about "formations being pointless". I played the same battle over and over many times to see how efficient I could be and in my hundreds of hours playing, I definitely noticed that tactical decisions do make the battle go better.

The original post talks about tactical formations, a community manager makes a comment about game direction (which I mostly agree with Callum) and you think this game is being mis-advertised/etc. Just a bunch of whine without logic.

Where is Bannerlord being advertised by TW as a tactical war game simulation? NO WHERE.

Stew, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. A molehill that only exists in your mind.

Community manager is not the developer or sets game direction. The community manager is part of the development company yes, but you cannot take his words at gospel. A community manager tries their best to communicate with the community allowing the real developers to focus on the game.

Picking apart a community manager and crying foul reveals the sad nature of your real life character.

I strongly disagree with the original forum post about "formations being pointless". I played the same battle over and over many times to see how efficient I could be and in my hundreds of hours playing, I definitely noticed that tactical decisions do make the battle go better.

The original post talks about tactical formations, a community manager makes a comment about game direction (which I mostly agree with Callum) and you think this game is being mis-advertised/etc. Just a bunch of whine without logic.

Where is Bannerlord being advertised by TW as a tactical war game simulation? NO WHERE.

Stew, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. A molehill that only exists in your mind.

I appreciate your opinion. I do find it strange that you accuse me of "picking apart a community manager" I merely posted his comment so it could be seen and discussed. It seems like your willingness to defend the game at all cost has really dampened your perspective here.

A community manager communicates what the development team is doing to the community. His word is quite literally gospel, and if he's making claims about the design choices behind the game that don't actually align with the development team, he'd be a bad community manager.

Also, TW keeps making these claims about how "players want simplicity", which might be true to an extent, but the people on this forum are the ones who are on the opposite side of the playerbase and want the opposite of a dumbed down game.

So yeah, such is the "sad nature of our real life character".

The battle maps are way to small and because of this when the ai charge pretty much all the time right at the start of the battle their cavalry is upon us within the first 5 to 8 seconds of me putting my army in a formation allowing us to kill them very quick with archers and by then the infantry are already upon us after taking very little time killing the cavalry and then i just charge everything in and cause a mass route of the enemy within 10-15 seconds after giving the order to charge which is why the battles go so fast

The game leans more on the action RPG side, with just elements of strategy sprinkled in here and there. The video in the OP is great, and I think that it is awesome that people are making these types of mods and that the game supports them, even at this early stage, but I think that something along those lines would be too complex to use as a player and draw the game out too much, ultimately detracting from the fast-paced action and gameplay.

I am sorry, but I would be hard pressed to find even a single player in this community who would agree with this.

I haven't played large scale battles in Bannerlords sp, only battles in mp. There its really all about tactics. Is it really that different in sp?
There are some tactics yes, but it certainly isn't enough, @Ikea Knight said this
The three commands you are actually using are:
Follow me!
Build a shieldwall!
And: Charge!

And depending on your unit: Hold your Fire.

Formations like the Square or the Circle are pointless with cav being so weak.

The Column and Skein don't have any benefits either because any form of tacticl advance get's lost after ordering charge.
He is absolutely right, my friend plays like this and he can destroy armies, I love tactics and formations and I'm trying historical formations but it doesn't work the way it should work, the game makes you feel stupid because you can't do tactics at all

:neutral:
I really don`t know where are these hordes of "players" that find such many things too complex and not fun. Same for the monocolor banners. Same for some scrapped features i won`t mention because its too hurtful to me. Same for many other dumbed down features.
Where are those "players" ?

Right here; I like monocolor banners. The only thread I saw about them, it was a mix of expressed preferences.

I had already seen your thread, no need to keep spamming it in here. I can't say that I agree with the spirit of that either, looks like pointless flaming to me.

So you 100% disagree with the comment, but when its brought forward for more discussion you call it flaming? Makes sense, doesn't sound hypocritical at all.

Also, referencing it 2 times is not spamming.

So you 100% disagree with the comment, but when its brought forward for more discussion you call it flaming? Makes sense.
I had already seen your thread, no need to keep spamming it in here. I can't say that I agree with the spirit of that either, looks like pointless flaming to me.

Pointless flaming? We don't hear from him for weeks, and then we get a comment about armies moving and fighting in formation is too complex and boring for Bannerlord? Are you kidding me? My post highlighting and discussing the ridiculousness of that comment is flaming? Okay, to each their own I guess.

It kind of is when you do it twice in the same page :smile: also we can discuss all we want in this thread. I have no idea why you thought that making another thread about that specific post was a good idea. It's not like this is hidden, and most people who are interested in what @Callum has to say are following him anyway.

It kind of is when you do it twice in the same page :smile: also we can discuss all we want in this thread. I have no idea why you thought that making another thread about that specific post was a good idea. It's not like this is hidden, and most people who are interested in what @Callum has to say are following him anyway.

Actually it did seem like a good idea, especially given the nature of the comment. Also, given the amount of people interested in seeing what was said and discussing it, seems to suggest people were interested.

I really don`t know where are these hordes of "players" that find such many things too complex and not fun. Same for the monocolor banners. Same for some scrapped features i won`t mention because its too hurtful to me. Same for many other dumbed down features.
Where are those "players" ?
Old or new, all the players show very similar preferences when it comes to SP features, and it`s not the dumbed down versions we now have....
I doubt you can find someone like that in the forums, I simply can't understand why TaleWorlds doesn't listen to us, forum users. We are the ones that care about the game. we are trying to give feedback in order to make this game better.

Back
Top Bottom