Limping, bleed, dropping weapons and other fine suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I see pretty much all of the mp community are silly gooses that really don't know what's best and fun for them.

Here are some suggestions that could advance combat and gameplay overall in the direction it's headed already:

• Add limping - whenever character is hit in the leg make them do the limping animation and slow down their movement by 50% until death.
  • Add bleed - with each hit received a secret bleed stat increases and depending on it's value the character not only looses health over time but also deals less damage due to being weakened. Make vision blurred the more the longer the character has bled.
  • Add dropping weapons - whenever character gets hit in the arm if damage dealt is over 50% of hp make them drop their weapon on the ground. However don't give a clear indication that this has happened, so that skilled players can get on top by having superior awareness of whether their character is still attacking with their weapon or with bare fists.
  • Add getting knocked unconscious mechanic. When knocked down if health is below 15% make character fall unconscious and lay like that for 2 mins unless finished off by enemy or woken up by teammates with a dedicated "hey wake up" animation. This will open up a possibility to play a support role of going around the battlefield and checking corpses for pulse.
  • Add tripping over when backpedaling - whenever character is moving backward depending on the terrain make them trip over after certain amount of steps taken.
  • Make lances break on landing a hit, in fact make all weapons break after enough uses.
  • When hit in the head if damage is over 30% make vision extremely blurred, if over 60% make character fall unconscious.
  • When horse gets hit over 50% hp make it panic and run into random direction and/or make the rider fall off it.
Make bannerlord even more bannerlord.

Edit: one more glorious suggestion:

• Add Untrained trait to the cheapest classes. This is basically an extension of already implemented block/swing delay. Untrained trait makes all actions have an extra delay not tied to the speed of animations but the fact that the character is untrained and is not good at obeying commands given by the player. Unlike existing delays these should apply to all actions like starting/stopping movement, picking up items, jumping etc. Additionally for each 5 commands executed successfully (although with the delay), make the 6th command have the opposite effect, for example: a swing in opposite direction, movement in opposite direction, instead of picking up an arrow dropping the remaining ones, etc. This mechanic will be a neat way to provide more levers in balancing the classes by building up on things already in the game while also making the gameplay more interesting.

Last edited:
You know how hard it will be to implement this? They should focus on more pressing matters. Mod can do all the things you mentioned.

Everyone who says they want the game to be realistic should +1 this post. All sounds realistic to me which I've been told is what really matters in a video game. I'll add the suggestion of making a tomogachi minigame where you have to train your horse over time and if it dies in a battle you have to get a new one. Also depending on how long you have the horse should decide how easily you can controll it.
Not gonna lie a tomogachi horse minigame would be pretty fun I kinda want that now

• Add tripping over when backpedaling - whenever character is moving backward depending on the terrain make them trip over after certain amount of steps taken.
It's one of the worst mechanics because its a very random thing. It's something that doesn't belong to a game taleworlds want to make competitive. Adding random elements to the game is never a good thing that is supposed to have a deep intuitive combat.

It's one of the worst mechanics because its a very random thing. It's something that doesn't belong to a game taleworlds want to make competitive. Adding random elements to the game is never a good thing that is supposed to have a deep intuitive combat.

Noooo, it clearly says "certain amount of steps taken". I made sure that my ideas don't rely on rng so the game can remain trash but still be eSports compliant.

Agreed. Tripping is a terrible mechanic and every mod that utilised it on Warband I almost always instantly uninstalled (assuming i couldn't turn it off).

Back
Top Bottom