North American Battle of the Blades [NABB]

NABB is a premiere Bannerlord competitive tournament for the community, ran by the community. If you think you have what it takes to skirmish against the very best of the Bannerlord competitive scene then sign up a team today or join the free agency!

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[NABB] Questions, Suggestions, & Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Questions, Suggestions, & Feedback

Post any suggestions or feedback you have on this thread. We will also try to answer any questions you may have here, but you can also directly contact one of the tournament administrators here. Please read through all posts on the thread carefully before posting to avoid asking questions that have been answered or suggesting things that have already been suggested.

NABB Discord

Last edited by a moderator:
Khuzait should probably be banned from tournament. Banning a faction seems extreme but can't ban classes or place class limits on a faction which focuses on cavalry and expect it to be playable for teams, meanwhile leaving Khuzait as is will kill certain matchups. Such as Sturgia on the desert map where Sturgia has pretty much 0 counter to mixed lancer and HA spam (Which could be a really common matchup, as it seems Sturgia and Desert map are the most common things in the queue rn). Also it's not really that extreme seeing as Khergits wasn't in WB tournaments and as soon as we get private servers we'll probably leave Khuzait behind too.

Khuzait should probably be banned from tournament. Banning a faction seems extreme but can't ban classes or place class limits on a faction which focuses on cavalry and expect it to be playable for teams, meanwhile leaving Khuzait as is will kill certain matchups. Such as Sturgia on the desert map where Sturgia has pretty much 0 counter to mixed lancer and HA spam (Which could be a really common matchup, as it seems Sturgia and Desert map are the most common things in the queue rn). Also it's not really that extreme seeing as Khergits wasn't in WB tournaments and as soon as we get private servers we'll probably leave Khuzait behind too.

Is there any reason why you'd bring this up right now?

Thanks for your feedback! We'll have a conversation as an admin team. My initial hold up about banning anything is the extent at which it's acceptable. If we ban Khuzait, then why not ban everything else that is unfair about the game(which is a lot, like Xauna) Unfortunately, this is the current state of the game we're stuck with.

What about other factions with HA?

I wouldn't ban Khuzaits as a whole because in my opinion they're a very well rounded faction. Spear infantry is relatively cheap and can hold their own, Khan's Guard you can pick up a shield and a glaive, and their cavalry... well... we all know what's up there. It's a very winnable fight even if you don't go mostly cavalry.

I recommend putting in a rule that you can't run more than 3 cav in a lineup, in general. Last thing you want to watch when you're watching a stream/video of 'competitive bannerlord' is a guy spending the majority of the game on the ground, or a guy just pressing X and running into a bunch of Varyags with his lancer brethren. Not only does it just suck the competitiveness from the match, it sucks the fun out of it for the people playing.

To me, running a 3 Cav 3 Archer line up or whatever you want to do is still a very viable line up, and one that can be beaten. It keeps it competitive and will probably be less toxic as a whole.

What about other factions with HA?
Khuzait seems the only one where mass spamming of HA is viable

If you ban Khuzait, ban Vlandia as well. and Empire.
It's true that Vlandia's broken in pretty much any format.

I wouldn't ban Khuzaits as a whole because in my opinion they're a very well rounded faction. Spear infantry is relatively cheap and can hold their own, Khan's Guard you can pick up a shield and a glaive, and their cavalry... well... we all know what's up there. It's a very winnable fight even if you don't go mostly cavalry.

I recommend putting in a rule that you can't run more than 3 cav in a lineup, in general. Last thing you want to watch when you're watching a stream/video of 'competitive bannerlord' is a guy spending the majority of the game on the ground, or a guy just pressing X and running into a bunch of Varyags with his lancer brethren. Not only does it just suck the competitiveness from the match, it sucks the fun out of it for the people playing.

To me, running a 3 Cav 3 Archer line up or whatever you want to do is still a very viable line up, and one that can be beaten. It keeps it competitive and will probably be less toxic as a whole.
Potentially a better solution, but placing class limits on factions centered around cav and throwing them up against Vlandia seems like a recipe for imbalance. 3 to a kind class limit would be much better than a 2 to a kind class limit though, if it was 2 to a kind which someone told me the EU tourney is using, Vlandia would be super broken.

If we're reluctant to ban factions outright, I think some form of class limits would be an acceptable compromise. There are a few ways you could do class limits, one way is certainly only allowing three of any class. Another way would be to simply have a mandatory of 3 infantry in the round, then allowing the other three on the team to divide that up between cav and archers. Also, should other restrictions be added, like no horse archers or the like? There is quite a lot to consider.

If we're reluctant to ban factions outright, I think some form of class limits would be an acceptable compromise. There are a few ways you could do class limits, one way is certainly only allowing three of any class. Another way would be to simply have a mandatory of 3 infantry in the round, then allowing the other three on the team to divide that up between cav and archers. Also, should other restrictions be added, like no horse archers or the like? There is quite a lot to consider.
Khuzait becomes useless then. If there is a class limit khuzait needs to be removed.

Im not a fan of any form of removals right now. The game is still in early access for a reason. If there is something absurdly broken the best way to get it rebalanced is to go to the devs and say "We have empirical evidence from a high level tournament that this is broken. Please fix."

If there is something absurdly broken the best way to get it rebalanced is to go to the devs and say "We have empirical evidence from a high level tournament that this is broken. Please fix."

I think a lot of players would prefer their competitive tournament not to be someone's beta test. That being said, removing factions (besides Khuzait, arguably) does seem a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom