RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

"We would like to share with you some of the improvements that we are currently working on for Multiplayer.

First and foremost on our list of improvements is stability. We are working very hard to ensure that you have a smooth experience that is free of technical difficulties and server crashes. We have addressed many issues in recent patches and will continue to do so until stability reaches a point that we are satisfied with.

Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.

On top of these technical improvements, we are also planning social improvements to address in-game trolling and similar problems. The new Player Reporting System is close to completion, which will allow players to report team killers and other kinds of behaviours that disturb the game. We will also be keeping a detailed game and chat logs.

Our Analytics System is up and running and we are closely monitoring all facets of all game modes. We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.

We also have many new features currently in the development pipeline, such as the ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends, forming Clans in-game, Ranked Matchmaking, new maps and more.

Our team is working very hard to ensure that we can deliver the quality that you deserve and we are looking forward to releasing all of these features and many more as soon as possible.

Stay tuned! "

Tell me in there where it specifically says they are explaining how they intend on expanding the perk system.

Go ahead

How would you resolve it glorious? Genuine question - i want peoples' feedback for the thread I'll do over the weekend. ( i will be going back to old posts aswell).

FYI - We should probably be calling it animation blend delay or something then. Because specifically block delay is technically the timing issue I mentioned. Think i'll make note of that.

Make the block a consistent timing regardless of stance, make it override LMB fully.

Alright, sanity test.

Can you block like this on the servers, while also holding left click the entire time? Especially in the latter half of the clip. I haven't been able to pull such moves off while playing online myself, though, perhaps others have and I'm being delusional and just seeing things that I want to see.

Thanks dude - that's actually really interesting to see. I'm not going to disagree - it does look much better from an outwards glance.

Alright, sanity test.

Can you block like this on the servers, while also holding left click the entire time? Especially in the latter half of the clip. I haven't been able to pull such moves off while playing online myself, though, perhaps others have and I'm being delusional and just seeing things that I want to see.

This looks 100x better than when ive played the game. Would be great if we could fiddle with the servers settings and actually work out why the combat feels so bad.

Well Fietta said it's already off on servers, no...? :fruity:

Anyways, I did test it myself when server hosting was briefly available. It's a very noticeable difference and I'm not sure why "Realistic Blocking" is still not turned off on official servers.

Wait, so a big part of why MP combat is so shïtty is because we have "realistic blocking", and the developers can turn this off with a click on their mouse as we speak?

I'm not sure how easy it is to change server settings currently, but yes, the option is there.
On the flip side though - as soon as we get private servers (which is what 95% of M&B will be played on) then this becomes almost a non-issue. Still I will post something about this over the weekend. Somethings not right.

On the flip side though - as soon as we get private servers (which is what 95% of M&B will be played on) then this becomes almost a non-issue. Still I will post something about this over the weekend. Somethings not right.
That's true but we currently don't know when we will get private servers, it might as well be 10 months out. In the meanwhile, we should still have this setting changed for the public servers.

Well Fietta said it's already off on servers, no...? :fruity:

Anyways, I did test it myself when server hosting was briefly available. It's a very noticeable difference and I'm not sure why "Realistic Blocking" is still not turned off on official servers.

It is off, there's clearly an issue elsewhere :razz: I got confirmation on that when I asked after the custom servers patch as it felt different, and it turns out that it's off.

Last edited:
What other reason would there be than server settings? It's not lag that causes RMB to not instantly override a held LMB, that's by design, but clearly isn't the case in that video.

I'm not sure how easy it is to change server settings currently, but yes, the option is there.
When we had private server hosting briefly during the Beta (cudos to MisterOutofTime), combat parameters could be changed and enforced server-side, even on the fly, meaning you could change parameters mid-game for all the players, wihout any downloads required from clienta. Here is a video of one of the very early testings of combat parameters change (this was also for a bit of laughs for a short period,while at it)

We also hosted several games with the Modified Combat Parameters for 70-90 people and got only positive feedback about them.
Thus, settings could be changed easily with private servers.

Anyways, i believe the issue is in the "devil's triangle"- ~50 weapon proefficiencies across the board for all the classes, inadequate combat parameters, and masterserver issues leading to package loss and/or slight lag.

Last edited:
What other reason would there be than server settings? It's not lag that causes RMB to not instantly override a held LMB, that's by design, but clearly isn't the case in that video.
Remember how invisible walls were placed in Xauna but they didn't work for some server overload/struggle to keep up? I'm starting to think it works the same for other aspects fo the game aswell, and explain why people feel the combat has changed from one day to the other.

Yep, with
KBgfuav.png
unchecked
Are you telling me they re-enabled the god **** blocking system that was introduced one patch and removed the same day?

Pretty sure this is was "realistic blocking" is

Back
Top Bottom