Dear Taleworlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Skill based matchmaking was one of the issues brought up several times in here. I personally would like everything I can do something about to be at least discussed by the team. So this also got attention of team and we agreed that matchmaking needed improvement.

However I am guessing you don't care about that and only interested in design related changes. Well there is simply nothing I can do. And I don't know the answers to your (possible) questions.

And I am aware that you were asking TW in general, not me personally, but if company had something to say, it has a community team for it. Answering from my perspective is better than not answering at all I suppose.
Really appreciate you communicating with us!

Why do you develop a ranked matchmaking system when your game has less than 100 players playing multiplayer daily? Who exactly, will compete?
While I agree ranked matchmaking from the very start of EA would have spared many newcomers extra frustration of facing veterans or stacks, implementing it along the road now is not a bad idea at all. After all, we're all hoping for some much needed combat and design changes which would bring back some players. A ranked system would then really help sustain the population with badges and much more interesting matchups.

Why do you develop a ranked matchmaking system when your game has less than 100 players playing multiplayer daily? Who exactly, will compete?

You're right, basically nobody plays this garbage anymore. However, a ranked matchmaking system might prevent silly uneven teams for those who play. I'm talking 6 people with 500 wins badges fighting 6 newbies -- an occurrence which is far too common ATM. Also, thanks to @azakhi for trying to address our concerns where possible. Your willingness to communicate and listen is appreciated, though it does suck that you're not in a position to discuss more pressing issues.

While I agree ranked matchmaking from the very start of EA would have spared many newcomers extra frustration of facing veterans or stacks, implementing it along the road now is not a bad idea at all. After all, we're all hoping for some much needed combat and design changes which would bring back some players. A ranked system would then really help sustain the population with badges and much more interesting matchups.
Honestly ranked isn't needed imo, choosing quick games to play is. I liked Warband where you can choose which server to be on.

Granted overtime community will make servers to run. But thats a different topic. ( need to be able to make maps, big 400 player servers and choosing gear)

Last Oasis has community servers already and it's in Early Alpha.

Skill based matchmaking was one of the issues brought up several times in here. I personally would like everything I can do something about to be at least discussed by the team. So this also got attention of team and we agreed that matchmaking needed improvement.

However I am guessing you don't care about that and only interested in design related changes. Well there is simply nothing I can do. And I don't know the answers to your (possible) questions.

And I am aware that you were asking TW in general, not me personally, but if company had something to say, it has a community team for it. Answering from my perspective is better than not answering at all I suppose.
Thank you for atleast responding

release custom servers and let us remove classes and edit the files to remove delay and MP will be hustling and bustling again.
I support this 100%. It is the only thing that can save MP imo.

TW is almost intentionally strangling MP right now by not releasing servers for the modding community to save this game. Good luck tinkering with matchmaking with no playerbase :grin:.

For the last weeks I can't even get in Siege games anymore. After waiting 30 minutes without a game starting => alt+f4. Imagine if you could just go to the server list, pick a siege server, click and play...

I know the technological challenge must be incredible, to give us something that all multiplayer games used to have 10 years ago.

I cannot believe people are actually defending the block and attack delay. Are they simply not actually aware of it as it happens? They need to play Warband again one of these days and figure out how bad it really is. There should be almost absolutely no delay, and they need to somewhat increase the effectiveness of feints somehow, although maybe that has something to do with slow attacks and the delay. It was really tiring running sword and board vs sword and board and the fights lasting for 5 annoying minutes.

@azakhi It be nice to choose servers for all the gamemodes instead of the waiting on Queue. Wished it happen sooner but alas It would be a nice direction to take.

I brought up opening custom Siege servers for all regions and giving Oceania all available game modes as custom games before but the answer was no at the time. I will talk with the team again.

As part of lobby server team I cannot do anything regarding other issues I am sorry. I would like to hear any issues regarding Matchmaking. We are aware that it is not as good as it should be.

Well I can't stop doing my job no matter the situation. Based on our tests, it is possible to adjust ranked matchmaking to allow either faster or better matching. So we should be able to adjust it to find a good spot depending on the number of players. Also wouldn't it be better to have something better to return to if/when that big update happens?

Reduce the player minimum for siege! ~~~ please~~~ It will fill after it starts. I beg of you. Hasn't been a game for 2 days and I worry about players returning.

Reduce the player minimum for siege! ~~~ please~~~ It will fill after it starts. I beg of you. Hasn't been a game for 2 days and I worry about players returning.
Face it mate, for now, the MP is dead. They screwed it up big time and the shockingly massive drop in player count is ample evidence enough to do away with the apologists. It was better for me to just accept the fact and not try to play this game anymore for a long time.

Let me bring that up too although it is more of a management decision.
They had to pay the game full price for half the services. At least allow them to get a refund if you don't want to give them servers; it wasn't a cheap investment for most of them because of the regional pricing issue and the taxes in ARG.

Let me bring that up too although it is more of a management decision.
Hey azaki, I really appreciate your efforts with bringing these topics up. You're a champion. Especially in regards to OCE custom servers for gamemodes, I know for a fact that even if we just got captain mode OCE server it would be played 24/7 if that is a concern that TW management has. My clan at the moment (we are still playing on warband at the moment) really likes Captain mode and would definitely be keen to play that a lot. And I think there would be a lot interest for skirmish too.

Just tonight clan I am a part of hosted an event for warband and we reached 100 players. This is small for what we're used to as well. But that is just warband vets so hopefully that can help convince management.

I mean, what does TW lose by opening custom servers right now ? The MP state just cant be lower than this, so the only possible outcome is that it will help the MP to open custom servers. At this rate the MP is completely empty in a month.

@azakhi
Thank you for informing us about custom servers. It is a pity that we won't get them yet.

Also, do you know anything about a timeline or update about what TaleWorlds are working on?

Back
Top Bottom