Almost **** my pants fighting giant axeman with 100 AI level difficulty mod

Users who are viewing this thread

abc123456

Regular
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bannerlord AI has a maximum possible AI level of 100 but this is hidden from the current game?

I used the 'Improved Combat AI' mod to unlock the AI combat skills to the maximum possible value allowed by the game.

The last duel against the giant axeman was terrifying. The axe swings would constantly stun my parry.

This is my first time trying to beat the arena. I did not know there was a two-handed axeman at the end. It was nice emergent storytelling fighting through normal mobs when out of nowhere comes this scary axeman. He was throwing the right insults too.

what the duck. after all that complaining that combat AI is bad (ok, I admit I may have mentioned it once only) it turns there's a simple mod enabling harder difficulty?

I don't know TaleWorld's reasoning behind making the AI lower than its maximum threshold. Maybe it is temporary, maybe it is to distinguish lower-tier troops vs higher tier troops more or something completely different. One can only guess. I hope they unleash the maximum AI difficulty on full release though. Making that video was one of the most fun I had in the game. It was intense.

Unfortunately there are still some ways to cheese the AI. VS spear for example, made a separate video about that.

Interestingly, I notice the AI has more trouble blocking a spiked club than a sword...

Also you can punch and kick the enemy somewhat easily.

With some practice a kick and weapon attack can hit the AI if you time them right.

Last edited:
What really surprises me in that video is someone playing first person and actually blocking, unless he's using autoblock

What really surprises me in that video is someone playing first person and actually blocking, unless he's using autoblock

Let me get one thing straight. That is NOT autoblock. I played warband for years in multiplayer and is probably one of the best first person player at least in my country.

You can see in the earlier time of the video, I actually got hit a few times and almost died.

So it makes me sad that MP is so biased to 3rd person that I am forced to play 3rd person in MP. I wish in the future we could have ranked 3rd person and 1st person.

1st person adrenaline in warband/bannerlord fighting a difficult opponent is one kind of adrenaline you can't get anywhere else... so 90% of players don't know what they are missing out.

Last edited:
Let me get one thing straight. That is NOT autoblock. I played warband for years in multiplayer and is probably one of the best first person player at least in my country.

You can see in the earlier time of the video, I actually got hit a few times and almost died.

So it makes me sad that MP is so biased to 3rd person that I am forced to play 3rd person in MP. I wish in the future we could have ranked 3rd person and 1st person.

1st person adrenaline in warband/bannerlord fighting a difficult opponent is one kind of adrenaline you can't get anywhere else... so 90% of players don't know what they are missing out.

I hate 1st person and if I had any more adrenaline than I already get from this game, I'd probably have a heart attack. Also, the FOV looks off-putting to me. Oddly enough, I find 3rd person to be much more immersive for me. I'm glad you enjoy 1st person and there is an option in the game for you, you are clearly very good at combat in this game.

The Bots AI scales with the level of the troop :smile:

It scales with weapon skills unless they changed it. Weapon skill/3.5 to give a max possible AI value of 100. In the mod I used it claims you can just set the absolute AI level for everyone and I set it to 100. However, I noticed still the AI performs inconsistently sometimes. Maybe the mod has a bug or TW code has a bug or the AI system works differently or who knows. Interesting thing is the AI seems to parry worse against a spiked club vs a sword... I wonder if it is due to the collision sphere of the spiked club messing up the calculations.

I hate 1st person and if I had any more adrenaline than I already get from this game, I'd probably have a heart attack. Also, the FOV looks off-putting to me. Oddly enough, I find 3rd person to be much more immersive for me. I'm glad you enjoy 1st person and there is an option in the game for you, you are clearly very good at combat in this game.
You can adjust the FOV for 1st person, I agree the FOV is a bit too much but youtube made it look worse than actual in game.

Interesting thing is the AI seems to parry worse against a spiked club vs a sword... I wonder if it is due to the collision sphere of the spiked club messing up the calculations.

Isn't it because spiked club is faster?
But yeah I have similar experiences in the Empire arena, it is somehow easier to beat opponents with spiked club than it is with sword.

Isn't it because spiked club is faster?
But yeah I have similar experiences in the Empire arena, it is somehow easier to beat opponents with spiked club than it is with sword.

I suspect it is a bug. In the video, I maxed out the AI level to 100. AI should not parry significantly poorer against a spiked club or any other weapon, that would be an exploit.

Back
Top Bottom