Resolved Hitbox issues

Users who are viewing this thread

JosieJ

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Some of the smaller (younger) nobles are literally impossible to hit in tournaments. Arrows fly past them, shield bashes slide over them, nothing hits them. It makes it inevitable that they will win the tournament unless the round is autoresolved (once your PC is knocked out of the round).

I have a save that I can send; just let me know where to send it.

Hm, it took me some time (did miss a lot at the start of the game), but with a spear/polearm you need to hit quite precisely. That means facing their body/head in the middle of the screen. A little bit left or right and you miss. Also, your weapon skills play a role. Since I got polearm to over 80, hitting seems to become easier. Same for arrows. My tip: Once you accumulated some money, get yourself the best armor parts you can get your hands on. It will make tournaments a lot easier.

Hm, it took me some time (did miss a lot at the start of the game), but with a spear/polearm you need to hit quite precisely. That means facing their body/head in the middle of the screen. A little bit left or right and you miss. Also, your weapon skills play a role. Since I got polearm to over 80, hitting seems to become easier. Same for arrows. My tip: Once you accumulated some money, get yourself the best armor parts you can get your hands on. It will make tournaments a lot easier.

This is not a "git gud" issue. I'm not having a problem with the other competitors, just the really tiny, child-sized ones (that were newly introduced into the game in the latest main-branch update). I was like level 11 or 12 on that character--not end-game powerful, but good enough to hit what I'm aiming at. Nothing hits these opponents: neither my arrows, shield bashes, spear strikes, sword strikes, etc., nor those of the AI companions on my team. If that happens, you have to quit out of the game or let them kill you because otherwise you're stuck in an endless loop where all your strikes whiff. The only way to get past them is to hope that you don't end up facing them, and that they get auto-calc'd out of the competition. This is definitely a hitbox issue.

Back
Top Bottom