Blocking in Warband vs Blocking in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Menavlion gameplay

iu

The good news is - I played warband the other day after a few months, and my skill has increased immensely because blocking is responsive and combat is fluid unlike the shallow and irregular bannerlord.

To be fair - there was block delay in Warband as well. Yeah I'd like it reduced a little further in bannerlord; callum has already said they are reviewing it - so see how it goes. It's far from unplayable.

I don't get it.
Block delay is a slight timing delay between your ability to perform another action and to ready a block - aka I attack; how long before I can ready a block after. At the moment it's something like 0.5seconds; which in a fast game is more then it sounds. Warband was less noticeable but had something like 0.3 seconds maybe; difficult to tell (i'm sure theres videos somewhere).

In general people would like that 0.5 timer to be closer to 0.3 as it allows a higher skill cap (as in a more skilled player can time a block quicker to save a blow whereas previously the game might not allow them in the wrong circumstances).

Curious to know what ping you get axios. I was forced to play the game with GeForce Now because optimization suck so my ping was between 120 and 140: it’s unplayable. I’m pretty sure even 80 ping for duels become really hard to block. This shouldn’t happen. They are punishing players for not having below 50 ping. That’s ridiculous, especially when you only have East coast server for NA, no server for SA etc.

I believe the joke is that in the first video they're blocking every strike perfectly while in the second one there's hardly any blocking, its mostly all attacking
Warband:

Bannerlord:

How about some acutally comparable ingame Footage instead of Matrix ****?
I don't think gameplay videos can properly convey the feel of a game, but here's a video of what blocking can be like in Warband:

Block delay is a slight timing delay between your ability to perform another action and to ready a block - aka I attack; how long before I can ready a block after. At the moment it's something like 0.5seconds; which in a fast game is more then it sounds. Warband was less noticeable but had something like 0.3 seconds maybe; difficult to tell (i'm sure theres videos somewhere).

In general people would like that 0.5 timer to be closer to 0.3 as it allows a higher skill cap (as in a more skilled player can time a block quicker to save a blow whereas previously the game might not allow them in the wrong circumstances).
I never thought I blocked something but it went past in warband, If I clicked correctly it would block. In bannerlord im constantly getting hit even though i clicked block. Warband delay was either nonexistent or so small that it barely affected gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom