RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

edd7b457fafcb55b9d22af69840a3723.png

lol, pretty much the same here

873ac9478f36cd666439cb4d989e0ce9.png

If you don't like the game why do you stay?

Because we like Mount & Blade and this is an early access (and previously beta) period where they're actively looking for feedback, and we believe there are plenty of mistakes or things needing improving, so we comment on them.

Never will understand why random people will get annoyed that others are critical of something.

If you don't like the game why do you stay?
I am not as active as these other guys on the forum, but it doesn't take much to understand that people who are posting on this forum are passionate about the mount and blade series. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't, bare minimum, be a bit miffed if you absolutely adored the previous game and the 'successor' feels like a downgrade mechanics-wise.

Personally I have played 2,326 hours of Warband (about 10% SP and 90% mp), I've managed to rock up 91 hours for bannerlord and haven't opened the game for 3 weeks. I've gone back to Warband. I will continue to lurk and leave comments occasionally and echo the feedback of other posters here, Bannerlord needs to be better.

Because we like Mount & Blade and this is an early access (and previously beta) period where they're actively looking for feedback, and we believe there are plenty of mistakes or things needing improving, so we comment on them.

Never will understand why random people will get annoyed that others are critical of something.
This is my point though - I'm not angry or annoyed. I'm curious why. At lot of the consensus around hatred of the Bannerlord MP seems to be down to three main common complaints (but I agree not only these); classes, block delay and customisation. Mordhau offers an alternative to all 3 of these points; I have the game myself and love and enjoy it aswell - I just don't see why you hang around on a project you aren't enjoying instead of moving onto one that shares the values you crave?

My point is addiction (as many of you call it) is not a good thing. No one wants to be addicted. I understand there is a lot of passion for the game; but if that passion has turned negative wouldn't it be best to take it somewhere it can flourish instead? I guess my example is if I want to get to London; I get on a train to london. I don't get on a train to glasgow and try to turn it around...?

They are not going to get rid of classes; they have made it very clear. So if I want a game without classes I should find a game without classes (and there is 2-3 good options shouting for attention).

Last edited:
I am not as active as these other guys on the forum, but it doesn't take much to understand that people who are posting on this forum are passionate about the mount and blade series. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't, bare minimum, be a bit miffed if you absolutely adored the previous game and the 'successor' feels like a downgrade mechanics-wise.

Yeah I've had this. Dawn of War. I loved the first one; played hundreds of hours and the second was a completely different game which i hated. You want to know what I did? I went and played a different game and moved on.

@AxiosXiphos
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. What motivated you to publish Game Mode Suggestion [Generals] more than your love/passion for the M&B franchise? You hope ™ that your feedback will be valuable to the devs and that they will eventually consider it as a potential implementer. You eventually would benefit from your own feedback if so.
Well boy, you're throwing it in the face of others just like you do. Since alpha-beta period (2019) we've been pointing out the darkest and most troubling spots in the game through honest feedback with the only hope ™ that one day they will be fixed. Who once stopped being interested in the game, I assure you, is long gone from here.

@AxiosXiphos
You're arguing for the sake of arguing. What motivated you to publish Game Mode Suggestion [Generals] more than your love/passion for the M&B franchise? You hope ™ that your feedback will be valuable to the devs and that they will eventually consider it as a potential implementer. You eventually would benefit from your own feedback if so.
Well boy, you're throwing it in the face of others just like you do. Since alpha-beta period (2019) we've been pointing out the darkest and most troubling spots in the game through honest feedback with the only hope ™ that one day they will be fixed. Who once stopped being interested in the game, I assure you, is long gone from here.
But I would not have posted that thread had I not been enjoying the game already - or at the very least looked forward to the direction it was heading.

If you no longer have interest in the game (as many here claim) why remain? Terco you may be the exception but apparently most here have even uninstalled it - I feel like many people have long since given up attempting to change the game and now just stay out of spite?

If the questions were more along the lines of ' I enjoy the game but...' that would be a different story - however this entire thread is basically people stating they hate it in its entirety; I don't understand why you would continue to take part in it then.

No matter how you feel about the original - if you do not like bannerlord; it's illogical to stay on for years complaining about it. Move on as I did with Dawn of War..... and I do NOT say that with hostility or insult. Please. I am genuinely saying it's for the best for you. This game isn't going to become what you wanted. Find a new project that will.

Last edited:
I love how this guy think you aren’t allowed to give criticism on a game if you don’t like it. The reason we are giving all this negative feedback is because we know there is potential in this game, unlike mordhau. Most of the people you are arguing with gave the most constructive feedback since early alpha so how about you let them do it ? We want Bannerlord to succeed and Bannerlord will only succeed if they listen to the constructive feedback, not some fanboy feedback who think the game is perfect.

I love how this guy think you aren’t allowed to give criticism on a game if you don’t like it. The reason we are giving all this negative feedback is because we know there is potential in this game, unlike mordhau. Most of the people you are arguing with gave the most constructive feedback since early alpha so how about you let them do it ? We want Bannerlord to succeed and Bannerlord will only succeed if they listen to the constructive feedback, not some fanboy feedback who think the game is perfect.
See Alyss you just agreed with me in entirity without knowing it - which makes me wonder if you didn't actually read my post;

If the questions were more along the lines of ' I enjoy the game but...' that would be a different story - however this entire thread is basically people stating they hate it in its entirety; I don't understand why you would continue to take part in it then.

You enjoy the game (or see a future for the game) but have criticism - I literally just said (and have many times) that this is ideal. I have my own issues with the game which are probably different to most people here - I don't hate the class system, and i think combat is 90% there (stances need work for example). My concern is with people who no longer see a future, have uninstalled the game and now having nothing but unnecessary negatives to say - this is not helpful feedback.

FYI we are all 'fanboys' or 'fangirls' otherwise we wouldn't be here... again unhelpful side swipe. Talk to me without trying to insult me please. I will just report it; I have no time for it anymore.

Last edited:
See Alyss you just agreed with me in entirity without knowing it - which makes me wonder if you didn't actually read my post;

You enjoy the game (or see a future for the game) but have criticism - I literally just said (and have many times) that this is ideal. My concern is with people who no longer see a future, have uninstalled the game and now having nothing but unnecessary negatives to say - this is not helpful feedback.

FYI we are all 'fanboys' or 'fangirls' otherwise we wouldn't be here... again unhelpful side swipe. Talk to me without trying to insult me please. I will just report it; I have no time for it anymore.
SO fanboy is an insult now ? lol

Everyone giving constructive criticism for this game sees hope and the few people that says the game has no future probably do it to force taleworlds to react. We uninstalled the game to show taleworlds that if they don’t react now they will completely fail. EA is a failure yes, but final release can be saved if the people who actually give constructive feedback even if they dont like the game continue to do it.

SO fanboy is an insult now ? lol

I didn't report you..? But you certainly didn't mean it in a positive light. You definitely didn't mean it as a compliment lets put it that way :grin:

Everyone giving constructive criticism for this game sees hope and the few people that says the game has no future probably do it to force taleworlds to react. We uninstalled the game to show taleworlds that if they don’t react now they will completely fail. EA is a failure yes, but final release can be saved if the people who actually give constructive feedback even if they dont like the game continue to do it.

If you uninstall the game - all feedback you offer will quickly (not immediately but shortly) become null & void though. Should TW be taking feedback from the people playing or not playing the game?

My final point here though is feedback is only feedback if it is reasonable. I could say "damn I wanted this to be a street racing game; why is there no cars?!". That is not reasonable feedback. Now we know things like the class system won't change; we do - for better or for worse. Everyone here knows this - so arguing about it is not reasonable feedback anymore?

Last edited:
I didn't report you..? But you certainly didn't mean it in a positive light.

If you uninstall the game - all feedback you offer will quickly become null & void though. Should TW be taking feedback from the people playing or not playing the game?

My final point here though is feedback is only feedback if it is reasonable. I could say "damn I wanted this to be a street racing game; why is there no cars?!". That is not reasonable feedback. Now we know things like the class system won't change; we do - for better or for worse. Everyone here knows this - so arguing about it is not reasonable feedback?
Your example just makes fun of the people giving actual feedback. Saying "Your game is perfect keep up the good work", when the game is bad and the work is bad will not make bannerlord succeed. Taleworlds should listen to why people uninstalled instead of thinking "Oh, well, they didn't like the perfect game, shame."
People here want a skill based medieval combat game and a casual medieval combat game. We have none atm. Big groups can't play together, both casuals and comp want a better gear system, comp players and casuals want the block delay gone, the attack delay gone. If I had to sum up, people want a good game.

"If you uninstall the game - all feedback you offer will quickly become null & void though. Should TW be taking feedback from the people playing or not playing the game?"

Well, if they want players to play their game they should listen to those who uninstalled, but if they want people to tell them how perfect they are and how great a company TW is, they should just stick to the few 1000 players playing MP atm.

And about the class system, if taleworlds is reasonable, it WILL change, because only the FANBOYS like it.

Back
Top Bottom