after 550 hours of multiplayer, I uninstalled

Users who are viewing this thread

Hate is a strong word, constructive feedback and feedback in general does not mean I complain about something because I 'hate' it, people complain about things they want to see get better, I usually ignore what I hate. Your mindset is equal to that of a 12 years old.

I disagree, Captain mode brings all the bad things of Bannerlord regarding combat, and it adds extra random variables with NPCs, which you cant effectively 1vX because of of the delayed blocks and swings. Captain mode might be immersive, but polished? Nah, as long as the combat remains bad, all modes are bad for me. There are games who have better AI on NPCs and definitely feel more epic. Agree to disagree.
Well i can see that you don`t have too much experience in Captain because of focusing on things that are related to Skirmish.

In Captain its more important to focus on managing your soldiers in the best possible way. There is not much time to duel because you have to fight more than one enemy at a time. There is no place for 1vX because your squad will get wiped.

Instead of this you have focus on positioning, covering flanks, tanking enemy archers etc. ...

Well i can see that you don`t have too much experience in Captain because of focusing on things that are related to Skirmish.

In Captain its more important to focus on managing your soldiers in the best possible way. There is not much time to duel because you have to fight more than one enemy at a time. There is no place for 1vX because your squad will get wiped.

Instead of this you have focus on positioning, covering flanks, tanking enemy archers etc. ...

I don't agree, combat is the foundation. Anyway, on a "tactical level" (beyond F1+F3) the captain mode is watering down all over the place ----> https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/the-tactical-way-beyond-the-melee-cluster.387173/

Or I can go play Age of Empires and get a taste of a real war. The foundation of MnB is combat. And it's bad at the current state. I have no interest in watching NPCs slap each other.

Or I can go play Age of Empires and get a taste of a real war. The foundation of MnB is combat. And it's bad at the current state. I have no interest in watching NPCs slap each other.
Well, then go to play AoE if you preffer this more than Captain Mode, i am fine with this.

I have no interest in watching NPCs slap each other.
There is not time to watch, you have to kill enemy soldiers and watch your flanks. If you like to watch, its better to watch a movie...

Last edited:
Well, then go to play AoE if you preffer this more than Captain Mode, i am fine with this.

There is not time to watch, you have to kill enemy soldiers and watch your flanks. If you like to watch, its better to watch a movie...

As I said in a post above, I agree to disagree regarding captain mode.

game came out 70 days ago, you played 8 hours a day every single day, i think that might be the biggest issue here, everybody would get sick of a game doing that....

YOU NEED TO ENGAGE IN COMBAT TO DO THAT AND COMBAT IS NOT FUN. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND?
I find combat in Captain very interesting.
As you may know combat in Captain is different than in Skirmish because there are more factors to watch after and you have no time to watch your stance or block delay etc.

The combat mechanics you are complaining about are not the main factors to look after in Captain!

The combat mechanics you are complaining about are not the main factors to look after in Captain!
You don't have to look for it, for combat always was and is the core of MP M&B. I'll see how you manage without engaging in combat, because strategies mean **** all when one guy who knows what he's doing can destroy your entire squad in a minute.

you have no time to watch your stance or block delay etc.
You never do, not even in a duel but that's a whole another bull**** mechanic that has to go.

As you may know combat in Captain is different than in Skirmish because there are more factors to watch after
Factors being don't get caught by cavalry, don't get outnumbered, don't send your men to their certain deaths. Man.. Such depth.
I miss NW.

game came out 70 days ago, you played 8 hours a day every single day, i think that might be the biggest issue here, everybody would get sick of a game doing that....

I stick to the 'main' games I play for years, in general. I can recognize burnout and dislike, and with Bannerlord's case is pure dislike at this point. The reasons are stated in my original post.

I find combat in Captain very interesting.
As you may know combat in Captain is different than in Skirmish because there are more factors to watch after and you have no time to watch your stance or block delay etc.

The combat of captain mode is nothing more than flanking archers and bots gambling on who will have the most favourable spams and whose player squad will get 'lucky' AI epiphany to decide to gank someone. There is nothing that you can depend on, it's RNG AI. There are cookie cutter compositions and not real freedom, at all. The points across most maps heavily favor archer units and cavalry charges. There is no depth in Captain mode. It would be 10 times more interesting if you could actually make an army of your own like in SP and have variety in tactics. Overglorifying captain's mode is stupid, because it fails to bring the charm of big battles from Single player to a multiplayer environment, which was the goal in the first place. It might be a 'fun' mode, but Siege is more entertaining, by far, and it's certainly worse than Skirmish because as I said, it bring the bad combat, and adds NPCs. Once again, I do not ask you to share my opinion on this, different taste for different people, but claiming that Captain's is balanced or polished, is plain horsecrap.

I'll see how you manage without engaging in combat, because strategies mean **** all when one guy who knows what he's doing can destroy your entire squad in a minute.
Where did i say i don`t engage in combat? This is part of Captain fighting along your soldiers.

Dumbass bots fighting eachother, just go play custom battle while you're at it.
Yes, they are dumb bots so its your job to be their Captain and manage them as good as you can.
Custom game is not the same Captain mode is, calm your tits...
If you don`t like it go with the OP to play AoE...

If you don`t like it go with the OP to play AoE...

You are saying this in a way that you try to insult those who actually decide to do that. AoEII has about 10 times more population on multiplayer than Bannerlord currently. And it's a very hard strategy game that requires crazy amounts of micromanagement. If that does not tell you something about the state of mount and blade, an action-rpg game, then I dont know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom