What do you think about the Looters scene loading every time you interact with them? (POLL)

Should the Looters load their scene every time you engage them?

• It's fast enough not to be a bother and I like that it provides some personality to them

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Buttons could be changed as it takes time to travel between options / Maybe some shortcut keys

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Scene should be removed entirely, the point-and-click becomes very tiring as playthroughs goes on

Votes: 62 46.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Every time you start a new playthrough, you know the only way to grow is through some Looters, and you also know you're going to have to go through 2 loading screens every single time you interact with them. Even more time is wasted if you don't leave it to autoresolve.
It kinda drains the fun of it after a while.
Some shortcuts would help, maybe remove the scene because it provides nothing gameplay-wise other than flavour.

Last edited:
That and quest dialogs.
So to improve relation one must do quests. The quests have 10000 confirm dialogs. The extortion for desertion one is especially bad and common. Gets very very tedious very quickly. I dont understand the quest designer. Its like they dont play this game themselves much. How can anyone design such a tedious quest if they just play the game for a few hours they would already hate the number of confirm dialogues

Just add an "Attack now" option to the first screen. I do not argue with looters and will not accept a surrender.

Just add an "Attack now" option to the first screen. I do not argue with looters and will not accept a surrender.

This. Attack now button needed. Menu with ignore, talk / negotiate, flee / attack should be first when engaging any unit on map. Only bring up the scene if I choose to speak with NPC. Already done with cities why not party interaction, which is often even more frequent. If every time I visit fief town or city I first had to load the scene before I could access menu it’d be a huge hassle for minor interactions like recruiting. NPC interaction should be no different.

This. Attack now button needed. Menu with ignore, talk / negotiate, flee / attack should be first when engaging any unit on map. Only bring up the scene if I choose to speak with NPC. Already done with cities why not party interaction, which is often even more frequent. If every time I visit fief town or city I first had to load the scene before I could access menu it’d be a huge hassle for minor interactions like recruiting. NPC interaction should be no different.

This all the way ? like the mod already delivers - engage unit on map and then select attack talk disengage etc. - reduces unnecessary blah blah.

I hate the mandatory dialogue mainly because it makes no sense why we would be chasing down raggedy bandits in the forest and request a parley, and then say they're dead men, and then scatter off in different directions and meet on a battlefield. Why would fighting bandits have any such battlefield formalities?

Player's Party: "Let's ride those bastards down"
Looters: "Oh ****, they're right on us! We can't outrun them!"
Player's Party: "Sir, they're stopping, should we unleash our forces on them?"
Player: "No, we parley"
Looters: "Perhaps we can pay them off"
Player: "Surrender or die. Your choice"
Looters: You'll never take us alive! Let us go back to our respective fair and square positions, reform and deploy"
Player: Aight.

Doesn't make sense why we would fight a bunch of deranged mongrel bandits with no honor, in the mountains like this. You would just run them down and kill them. Give us the attack now option, please.

Click looter.
Click tell them to surrender.
Click his reply away.
Click attack again.

I feel like this can be streamlined somehow, but I'd like to keep the parley too. It's nice to have roleplaying options in roleplaying games.

Last edited:
What I want too, hate loading scenes. Could do with a text based option for town/village NPCs too "yes I'll do thing bye" no loading please.
It's better with SSD but it's still annoying especially if they keep surrendering and are many small batches. Also latest beta may be slightly slower after the games been going for a long time, not sure but it feel a lil longer to load.
It would be nice if you had a use for them too like instead of taking the prisoner you could reform them and they help a village or become village pop , like in some mods, but that would be new content that improves the game.

Edit: Guess I need to specify, I want to attack from the map with no conversation loading, just choose to enter battle.

THIS!

Bandits should not be the one to make demand. Currently, if the bandits are determined to surrender then I cannot force a fight, which is stupid. I'm the one with an army, I decide if they get to live or not.

I already made a Feedback thread on this sometimes ago. Here is what I propose:

Just make so that when the Player encounter a bandit party, a panel pop out on the left, like when you visit a settlement, with 3 options:
1. Attack - just load the battle, kill them all, there is no need to waste time with them.
2. Talk - Open the dialogue like we currently have, in case you have room in your party and interest in recruiting or ransoming the bandits. If the bandits refuse to surrender then you can fight or leave as usual.
3. Leave.

Last edited:
I preferred the warband way where lots is text. Sometimes it helped me to equip something i forgot,but for the most part i dislike it, it gets really annoying.

Sometimes I like to be able to let them go if a party that I don't want joined the fight or I'm fighting on top of a town and the militia joins in (not looters but related). An attack now button would be nice, since it is a boring conversation anyway.

Also, that whole "I don't wish to fight you" thing. LOL. You got out here and came up to me with 700 men carrying all manner of weapons and horses and grapes and olives and who knows what else while I'm attacking a castle and I chase you down and that's what you've got to say?

.. or ... or... make attacking looters MORE meaningful !! looter groups much larger, with mixed soldier types. Let looters use proper tactics. (ambushes etc) Player might lose the encounter .. ?

Maybe have tactics whereby looters and bandits groups join together when one is attacked. That small group of 10 looters that you are chasing down, suddenly joins with nearby 20 Mountain bandits and 12 forest bandits - ie 10 skirmishers, 20 club melee troops and 12 archers. Archers open fire immediately , rock throwers run forward to skirmish, melee clubmen run forward to support skirmishers, looters retire, mountain bandits CHARGE! rock throwers and archers move to the flanks ?

.. or ... or... make attacking looters MORE meaningful !! looter groups much larger, with mixed soldier types. Let looters use proper tactics. (ambushes etc) Player might lose the encounter .. ?

Maybe have tactics whereby looters and bandits groups join together when one is attacked. That small group of 10 looters that you are chasing down, suddenly joins with nearby 20 Mountain bandits and 12 forest bandits - ie 10 skirmishers, 20 club melee troops and 12 archers. Archers open fire immediately , rock throwers run forward to skirmish, melee clubmen run forward to support skirmishers, looters retire, mountain bandits CHARGE! rock throwers and archers move to the flanks ?

If you run into any looters / bandits / whatever close together they will all be in the battle and attack you. It happens quite often from what I experienced when you get big swarms of them.

As for wanting them to flank and use appropriate tactics, the AI doesn't even do that for lords as it's not capable currently. They pretty much just all charge and half the time get stuck in some retreat and charge loop...

I think this is a good suggestion, some option could even be based on the type of encounterd party, if needed

At first I was wondering what the hell you were talking about, but then I remembered that I installed a mod that gets rid of this as soon as one appeared. Is this answer enough as to what I think about it? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom