Are you trying to make the game slow and boring at all costs after every patch, don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

The first time I played bannerlord, it was a pretty solid and fast experience compared to Warband, I was really impressed.
A fast paced wargame!
I was like:
"When I have 50+ troops and I face 3 looters with stones, I can make the auto-battle and they cannot kill anyone? They made it so I can get a little exp for my recruits! thats amazing!"
I was like:
"Wow, no more -general- that leads 1 army like in warband, but now a lot of lords can create armies! And, OH MY GOD I can create army as well using that currency called influence? It is so cool. And look, it's easy to obtain! I can actually PLAY AND ENJOY this game!"

And then: patch: 3 unarmed looters are able to KILL people (even a vladian knight) VS 200 troops, wtf, now to exp my troops I really have to fight those stupid battles?

and then, patch, nerfed influence from donating troops and prisoners, now you get 0,000000000000001 sooo worth it, thank you very much

and then, patch, nerfed all the policies?
WOW.....
In my game I was the owner of a city, a city with full forum developed (rank 3) and all the right polices active, I was gaining someting like 8.5 per day... now I open the game and i am gaining +2.
wtf

Are you really trying to slow the game down, at all costs, aren't you?
Why?
A game needs to be fun, not frustrating

It is an improvement having to face in real battle 3 looters VS 600 man army because they can DIE if you auto resolve? Is this a gameplay improvement, devs?
Stop crippling your game

I've noticed a general trend towards a slower progression in the last few updates, as well. I think I know why they are doing it, though.
Bannerlord is not warband, it is supposed to be a different, deeper experience. In warband, end-game was reached in a couple of in-game years. Bannerlord is meant to be a much longer game, with heirs and legacies.

For me everything you describe is an improvement...

Slow paced ? Err... yes you are playing a character over a lifetime ingame then you play as one of his children... that is the concept of the game... there is a world out there living its own life with or without you so it is supposed to be a long road for the player.

The whole point of the game is not to "finish it", it is not a tomb raider or something. It is all about the journey to the end and what most players want is that journey to be as interesting as possible ( and lengthy so that the pleasure lasts).

But if you want to become a god early and be able to destroy everyone within 3 ingame months you can download or make your own mod for that ( equip recruits with AK47s and problem solved :grin:)

Last edited:
For me everything you describe is an improvement...

Slow paced ? Err... yes you are playing a character over a lifetime ingame then you play as one of his children... that is the concept of the game... there is a world out there living its own life with or without you so it is supposed to be a long road for the player.

The whole point of the game is not to "finish it", it is not a tomb raider or something. It is all about the journey to the end and what most players want is that journey to be as interesting as possible ( and lengthy so that the pleasure lasts).

you are missing the whole point. did you even read his post? lol

they are implementing lazy game design to artificially inflate anything that costs any form of currency. and reduce your currency gain.

like the recent economy changes. i put on cheat and checked the prices of everything in every city after the patch, you can hardly make any profit through trading early game now, not to mention all the standard prices for goods have changed so you have to once again learn the avg prices

or the policies change to influence, now after you start a kingdom, you have to grind on looters and bandits for 200 days so you can have enough influence to make some policies since you basically start your kingdom at war with someone and have to go to -200 for the peace, and even though you are the only clan in the kingdom, you get majority support AGAINST all your policy proposals making them costs double.

or the fact a high tier bow/shield/throwing weapon costs 200-300k denars, which is the combined wealth of 5-10 towns. the worth of 20-30 workshops and the total tax revenue of a prosperous town over a period of 3 years. so freaking realistic and nice. i wonder how an elite cataphract costs like a few hundred in upgrades from a vigla recruit and 2 horses that will costs no more than 600. when he's wearing gear that's worth millions.

It's a long game. Stop whining. Even though I do not like the slow progression of leadership and engineer skills, well there is a mod for that. I like the concept of a father working himself up the ladder, maybe becoming a lord in lifetime, and then the son aspiring to be king. The whole clan concept has a lot of potential and all heroes are now mortal (though none of mine died yet.) I would like a small percentage of actually dying when you get knocked out, even in tournaments. Gives that little spiciness of mortality. And knights died in tournaments all the time. Though maybe not in the first 20 years of the game to get the chance to get an heir. Character progression etc is all still being balanced and a lot of content to come. (I expect feasts, marriages, training your offspring etc. and maybe two sons fighting to the death for the inheritance or fighting together to keep it).

And yes a looter with some stones can hit a knight in the head and kill him. And you can smelt pitchforks for 3 hardwood ^^ get used to it.

Ok so about your points KingEroc, it is true that trading early game is much harder now and it is true that you have to be experienced and know what is a low price for each commodity to make profits ( although rumours are accurate for short distance trades)

So here what you have to do if you want to be a trader early game is to buy old horses and mules, in short to increase carrying capacity so that you can buy in huge quantities ( wholesale ) and that is how you make a lot of money.

Buy fish at 11 denars or less in Revyl in Huge quantities and sell it for 15-20 in Battania for instance or buy grain in Askar then sell in city that just got sieged or villages raided.

That is if you want to make big profits as a trader oriented character but yeah now you cannot just make large profits so easily (which is more credible) if you cannot trade in large volume, so in short now you have to invest in logistics first because the profit margins are smaller than earlier patches but they are still there.

I started a new campaign yesterday and was buying cheese and butter in Seonla or something and selling it in Marunath which is super close and with looters in the middle so you can make decent money, then bet 500 in board games all the time, you can get a workshop relatively quickly like that.

For the influence issue, you are supposed to pass most essential policies before you recruit other clans so nobody can block your policies. They did this because once you got going with your kingdom in previous patches, you quickly reached a point where influence didnt matter anymore as it would recharge so quickly so it was basically infinite influence but yeah this change makes it harder when you start your kingdom.

I agree on the price of some armor equipments ( and in general smithing being unbalanced right now)but these are supposed to be "treasures" of craftsmanship and ultra rare item that are almost priceless.

Another reason was EA sucks massive, sweaty, donkey balls: they've created a video game community that expects everything to be super fast or it's "boring".

Start a new game.

The mistake you are making is trying to retroactively fit your old game's situation after a new patch, which is not intended to upgrade your old game to its standards. That's not how patches work. A new version, especially in earl access stages, is not a "fix to my old game," but a "changes to see if certain things play out differently."

Things seem jarring, because you're griping about what the patch has "done" to your pre-existing game. But usually, when you start a new game, you adapt to the different environment and just play it out without much of a ruckus. It's that simple.

And then, if you keep restarting the game with every new patch that changes something fundamental, you can get burnout. So you stop playing for a few weeks, and then you come back to see how much things changed, and rinse and repeat -- this, is the whole "early access" schtick.

If you're expecting every new patch, future change to hold your previous successes in place just the same, you're going to be disappointed.

You don't need to memorize trade goods' prices, you don't even need trade rumors. All you have to do is buy on green and sell on yellow/red. This doesn't require a perk or anything. I'm trade level 150 on day 230. It's a bit slower in 1.4.2 because finding overpriced markets for your goods are a lot harder now as margins became smaller with this patch.
Armor and weapons are expensive but you can use it to your advantage by investing some time into smithing. It's super easy to level up. You can level 30-40 levels insantly with a single craft and you can then exchange your crafted weapons with the items you want.
Also, with 1.4.2, "raise the meek" became massively OP. This must be a bug but the thing is they seem to be working on upgrading your troops less of a grind.

Auto resolve was basically in a placeholder state, probably because the perks were being worked on and balanced. Now auto resolve expects you to have a decent amount of tactics skill, and also the right tactics perks based on your army and the army of your enemy.

This isn't about slowing the game down at all. Understand that many of the mechanics are in a similar placeholder state. They're working so the game is functional, but how they act in the future will likely depend on additional variables.

interestingly enough i'm not doing a trade oriented character, i have 2 social and 0 focus in trade. which is why due to the learning limit i'll never unlock that first tier perk which gives the colour code, all game, since i'm never reaching lvl 30+ to spare points there
personally i'll still be able to trade and make a profit, but it does make it more difficult
i get thata they want to inflate prices so items aren't so easily obtainable but eventually i always snowball into essentially a more money than i can possibly spend situation. and the same goes for influence.

Auto resolve was basically in a placeholder state, probably because the perks were being worked on and balanced. Now auto resolve expects you to have a decent amount of tactics skill, and also the right tactics perks based on your army and the army of your enemy.

Is there any information posted on the true mechanics of auto-resolve besides tactics skill levels? Im curious how deep it is

Is there any information posted on the true mechanics of auto-resolve besides tactics skill levels? Im curious how deep it is

Not that I've seen. At a guess, I would say there's a morale and tactics check, then you've got troop tiers, and now some anti unit perks to add some strategy to it. The most broken part is that instead of all troops fighting at the same time, each side sends one guy at a time to fight each other, and the survivor gets to fight the next guy until he eventually wears down and dies. That's apparently how elite troops can die to looters.

Okay i think i know what is a bit broken with trade after installing 1.4.2 beta.

Basically the tariffs slapped on the player are insane. If i buy salt for 33 in Ortysia and the rumor says i can sell it for 52 in Quyaz, i should make a profit if i buy large quantities right? Well no, i actually made a loss because of tariffs ( and trusting the rumour)....

I think the issue here is tariffs are way exagerated early game. Another example , i bought for 6000kg (or whatever the weight unit ingame is) in askar for 9 denars a piece.

I sold it in Charas for 18 denars a piece, so i should make 50% profit right? And get double the amount i invested? Well no.... i only made a bit more than 2k profits( from a 7k investment ) ...believe it or not.. that is cause of tariffs.

My issue with the current tariffs is that if there were such a thing then nobody would ever trade because currently you need to find goods that sell for at least double price somewhere to make a clear profit most of the time.

I think i know what also affects it aside from tariffs, because when you sell 100 pieces of something, it is not like in real life where you agree for the price for all 100 pieces as a whole.

No, here it is more like every single piece of these 100 is sold separately and the price you get for each is dependent on how much they have of this product, so the more you sell of this item, the lower the price is for each piece sold fron these 100. So in the end your 100 pieces that should net you a profit if a price was agreed on all of them are worth much less because the last 50 pieces of this shipment were sold at ultra low price because they already had 50 of it. I hope it makes sense, didnt really explain well.

Anyways so yeah, i know there is a perk to lower tariffs i think but at the moment, the trade penalties are too exagerated IMO, and probably only apply to the player because caravans would probably make losses if this affected them?

My trade skill is 50 though, mayhe it gets better as you get high trade skillbut i think they should tone down the tariffs to be honest.

Last edited:
I trade almost exclusively in horses, mules and food stuff. Sometimes they are all food stuff.
buy up cheap from villages and mostly in the Aeseri and Khuzit areas, then sell them to cities that are being attacked and raided after they win or lose, big profit... Even if it's You who's raiding them... nothing war profiteering about that!

Back
Top Bottom