Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the game turns unresponsive when you try to convince a clan leader to join your kingdom. Mouse clicks stop working in the dialog:
- I barely know you and you are asking me to talk treason - Click to continue (no clicks possible)

Now the game turns unresponsive when you try to convince a clan leader to join your kingdom. Mouse clicks stop working in the dialog:
- I barely know you and you are asking me to talk treason - Click to continue (no clicks possible)
I just came to the forum to report this exact same bug for 1.4.2 beta

When a companion's party is raiding a village we now get a relation penalty with the notables and the owner of the village, this wasn't the case before, is it a bug or intended ? Because there is no way to forbid them from raiding villages so we can't prevent those repuations losses :S
I'm playing on a clean save from 1.4.2 without any mods I am currently a mercenary for Sturgian and the village was owned by Western empire
This is a problem.

The fact companion parties used to be able to raid without causing relationship loss was obviously not correct, and easily exploitable. In a vacuum, it is a good thing that it has been fixed. But fixing that issue while there is still no means to instruct your companion parties to NOT raid, creates a very big pain point. We need the ability to influence what our companion parties choose to do if we are to be held responsible for their actions. Until we've got that, penalties for what they do should probably be turned off.

I am sure people are aware of this issue, but I want to point it out because I have had to completely abandon several sieges now due to the bug. Catapults love hurling projectiles at your own siege towers when the enemy clusters there, frequently kill your own troops in the process, and actually destroy the siege tower. I have lost about ten siege towers and have typically ended up losing a hundred or more troops as a result.

Furthermore, the AI is no longer attacking the secondary gate after breaching with a battering ram. This is a major issue for besieging settlements for obvious reasons, but primarily, it forces your wall troops to take the brunt of the assault when most of your heavy troops are in the ram formation.

Additionally, I have noticed that enemy catapults are exceptionally good at hitting your moving battering ram. I have had rams destroyed before they even moved 10 meters forward, and most will not make it to the front gate unless I bring catapults to deal with the enemy's own. As aforementioned, the catapults pose their own problems, and trebuchets seem to not be able to actually hit anything on a regular basis, so I typically refrain from using them.

Just something i have come across in late game. the year is 1112 in game..I am now at the age of 58.I have 3 boys that have come of age to be in the game and 2 girls..the oldest is 25..
Now i have looked though all Factions in the game and there is only 2 girls and 2 boys around the same age that could get married the rest are 45 plus So we need more AI to have kids as the game gos on.But i am sure you will be adding that at a later date.
Also i went to one of the clans to see if i could marry of one of my sons. but no we can not do that we can only marry of my girls. thats fine. but how do our sons get married if we can not pick there wifes in the game..
Now the Clan members roles. I am so happy with the change now we can give them all something to work on so thanks on getting this sorted. but could i ask if you are going to add more stuff to it like Riding .. Tactics...Polearm....One hand weapons. .... if you had these added it would help in training our kids up.. and would also make them all different in things they no. My sons is 25 and only had a 1 for Riding so he commands an army on a silly poney ...
Just wanted to put these to you so you no. i am sure you do but we dont no you no. if you get what i mean.
Anyway Thanks for the up date to 1.4.2 .. Its looking great and i no you have alot going on.

Just something i have come across in late game. the year is 1112 in game..I am now at the age of 58.I have 3 boys that have come of age to be in the game and 2 girls..the oldest is 25..
Now i have looked though all Factions in the game and there is only 2 girls and 2 boys around the same age that could get married the rest are 45 plus So we need more AI to have kids as the game gos on.But i am sure you will be adding that at a later date.

AI Lords getting married isn’t implemented yet, at least I never saw one.

Also i went to one of the clans to see if i could marry of one of my sons. but no we can not do that we can only marry of my girls. thats fine. but how do our sons get married if we can not pick there wifes in the game..
Now the Clan members roles. I am so happy with the change now we can give them all something to work on so thanks on getting this sorted. but could i ask if you are going to add more stuff to it like Riding .. Tactics...Polearm....One hand weapons. .... if you had these added it would help in training our kids up.. and would also make them all different in things they no. My sons is 25 and only had a 1 for Riding so he commands an army on a silly poney ...
Just wanted to put these to you so you no. i am sure you do but we dont no you no. if you get what i mean.
Anyway Thanks for the up date to 1.4.2 .. Its looking great and i no you have alot going on.

What version did you start on? Cause at one point they added over a hundred additional nobles, but you had to start a new game to have them added. They've been procreating like crazy in my game, have nobles which have had 20 plus children.

Vlandia is selling Desert horses at 250 on mine, 450+ in Aserai. That does not add up unless they are selling them at a massive loss!
Yes there was a bug that cause trade goods t increase 50%-100% across the whole game, finally got a devs attention and it was patched, I feel the same bug hit horses so hopefully the same devs see this that fixed the last one and patch it quick, buying horse early for travel speed early game is important and double price hurts a lot.

The Parties tab now lists the amounts of each troop type that a party currently has.
This is great. I hope it will not be too long for the actual 'party' screen to also show this information soon. Army composition is now basically shown everywhere except where it actually matters. :neutral:

There is some MASSIVE fps improvements. I can play 1000 men siege with mid-high graphics on 4k screen with a playable FPS now. Good job!

As much as I feel justified criticising a lot of things to do with Bannerlord, the 1.4.2 patch is excellent.

Huge performance boost on top of a lot of small but important improvements in various areas. And either I'm imagining things, or a lot of work went into making the graphical presentation simply nicer. Though the targetting reticle is still the fat and uglier changed version :sad:

I do think the "horse stops on running into every tiny bush" fix went overboard - you can now warp through even smaller trees. But, overall, it's a minor niggle from an otherwise extremely pleasing experience for me. Haven't played a lot, so it's possible there are some new issues around, but nothing immediately perceivable on a relatively fresh 1.4.1 save.

Well done.

This is a problem.

The fact companion parties used to be able to raid without causing relationship loss was obviously not correct, and easily exploitable. In a vacuum, it is a good thing that it has been fixed. But fixing that issue while there is still no means to instruct your companion parties to NOT raid, creates a very big pain point. We need the ability to influence what our companion parties choose to do if we are to be held responsible for their actions. Until we've got that, penalties for what they do should probably be turned off.

So right now AI and relations are working as intended ? I was holding off from playing because I did not wanted minus zero reputations but I guess that's inevitable until we got a toggle on/off for party raiding villages ( and caravans?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom