I don't get all the hate

Users who are viewing this thread

This in my opinion would seriously heighten town enjoyment. Obviously itd be somewhat of a big job for them now with all the other unfinished business, but honestly would be worth the effort imo.
I agree, would it have been unrealistic to expect the game to have had stuff like this from the get-go? I certainly don't think so, I expected it to have features like it. I'm just pissed, I thought Bannerlord would have been the next level of M&B but I guess we'll have to wait years for overhaul mods. This game will not be finished in only one year.

I agree, would it have been unrealistic to expect the game to have had stuff like this from the get-go? I certainly don't think so, I expected it to have features like it. I'm just pissed, I thought Bannerlord would have been the next level of M&B but I guess we'll have to wait years for overhaul mods. This game will not be finished in only one year.

After that length of time of development? Absolutely not unreasonable. Personally i absolutely love the visceral combat of this one - simply couldnt go back to Warband singleplayer as they look cartoonish and feel in comparison. Yet there is just no cohesion or sense of self in this world so it really just feels like a series of battles with some kingdom stuff as filler in between rather than the fully fleshed out World stratagem/action game it should strive to be.

After that length of time of development? Absolutely not unreasonable. Personally i absolutely love the visceral combat of this one - simply couldnt go back to Warband singleplayer as they look cartoonish and feel in comparison. Yet there is just no cohesion or sense of self in this world so it really just feels like a series of battles with some kingdom stuff as filler in between rather than the fully fleshed out World stratagem/action game it should strive to be.
I do like the combat, aside from that immensely frustrating block delay in MP. The AI needs work though, I especially hate the formation combat. I just think the overall flow of the game is poor. It's all just a mess similar to what you said. Until M&B feels like a Bernard Cornwell novel, I'll feel that the SP has quite a way to go. I'm pretty sure too that the Last Kingdom novels were a big inspiration for the basic concept of M&B.

I highly doubt that year is enough to fix this mess.
There are some glaring issues when it comes to MP that it feels like it was developed for last what, a year maybe? I am not a developer and I don't see behind the curtains, and even if I was, it does not really matter, since I am not part of TW development team, so I can't see what is going on behind the curtains, but from POV of someone who was waiting for this for last 6-7 years who was told by TW that they are going to make better Warband, this feels very underwhelming.
People are pissed for various reasons, whether it is class system in MP, lack of features like game modes, lack of dedicated servers etc.
As I mentioned somewhere else earlier,they are not creating something brand new, they had working concept that just needs to be improved upon. Instead they chose to innovate for sake innovation. Some of these decisions are, at least for me, highly questionable on that matter.
I am pretty sure Bannerlord will succeed in some kind of way, but as for me, I came to conclusion that I am not part of the audience that TW is trying to target, even though I was vivid fan of Warband which feels kind of ironic. At this point I just gave up on MP completely and I am patiently waiting till they release modding tools which is the only thing I care about at this point.
Lack of communication by TW is just cherry on top. Anyway I am glad that there are people like Callum, AVRC and others that are willing to adress some of the questions community has. Kudos to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom