Dark Ages Medieval 1066 Anno Domini

Users who are viewing this thread

Dobas

Sergeant Knight
dHSnJ.png

ANt9S.png

1066 Anno Domini

This mod will plunge you into the violent reality of 11th century Europe
letting players experience the iconic events from the battle of Hastings all the way to the 1st crusades in the holy land.
Will you let history run it's course, or will you carve out a new future for Europe?

dHSnJ.png

Faction Previews will be updated as we progress
uWToy.png

W4Hdi.png

rKE6q.png

RwX0R.png

dHSnJ.png

Community

If you like our project and would like to join our community
just to hang out or give your suggestions, you are more than welcome on our discord
We also have a moddb page with more details and images

Click me for Discord

Click me for Moddb
dHSnJ.png

Team Recruitment

Currently we are still looking for:
3D artists with full understanding of PBR pipeline
3D artists experienced with Houdini or similar 3D terrain generation software
Level designers
Voice actors with a clean audio set up
One more C# scripter
dHSnJ.png

Last edited:
Hey Marcquez,

I'll just copy an article from the moddb page for you okay? The answer is in there.

Will this mod only focuss on England/France/Scandinavia?
We will start with focussing on the norman conquest of ( but not limited to ) England and the Anglo Saxon defense against both the Norman and Viking invaders. If we get enough 3d modelers to help us create the architecture and armoury and other props we need then we will include the rest of early medieval europe / east.

Will this mod be singleplayer only?
Yes, this mod will be singleplayer only we have no current plans for a multiplayer

Will this mod be focussing on historical accuracy?
Yes, we take the historic accuracy quite serious. Lords/locations/armoury/architecture will be kept as accurate as we can, but if the player decides to run around naked with spear into the battle of hastings that's up to them of course.

Will this mod see crusades?
If we get the team needed to include all of europe, then yes, we will see the 1st crusade in this mod.

Crusades? You just said the mod will focuss on historical accuracy, the first crusades didn't happen untill around 1096
Bannerlord let's characters age and make you establish a clan, or perhaps as king a dynasty. so from 1066, 30 years isn't such a stretch.

Can I join the development team?
Currently we're mostly looking for more modelers/texturers.
We don't really need more coders, but if you're enthusiastic about the project you're always welcome.
We're always looking for talented sceners.

Does this mod use a discord?
Yes we do since today: Discord.gg

Looking forward to play this. Always keep in mind that quality goes over quantity. :wink: So focusing on your chosen scenario might be the better approach than trying to bring in all of Europe. Just my two cents there.

guys, don't make the mistake of the warband modders

work together, will be faster, more content, less repeated work:

He's got a point, but the problem with that is that sometimes modders will lose engangement if their vision is not respected. I understand that. We sometimes forget that modders are doing it mostly because they want to add something to the game, to their game.

The 1141 mod wants to recreate the Crusader States. This one seems focused on Hastings. That seems to me like a different goal.

He's got a point, but the problem with that is that sometimes modders will lose engangement if their vision is not respected. I understand that. We sometimes forget that modders are doing it mostly because they want to add something to the game, to their game.

The 1141 mod wants to recreate the Crusader States. This one seems focused on Hastings. That seems to me like a different goal.
You were behind Europe 1200, right? Good to see you back in business!

But 1066 and 1141 are 2 different time periods.

1141 quit

Last edited:
Very happy to hear from you about this excellent idea.
I would like to say here that there is a very interesting story going on to the 11th century that saw two major events that changed the history of Europe and the world: 1) The conquest of England by the Normans. 2) The battle of Matzikert that signed the declain of the Eastern Roman Empire and opened the chain of events that led to the 1st Crusade. The inability of the Europeans to hold the Holly Land and it's important trade routs is probably what caused the exploring of new sea ways to reach the far east that led to the discovery of the Americas..
So good luck to you, I hope you manage to succeed all the way...

By the way, I saw somewhere that there is an interesting story about some of the huscarls that fought alongside harold in Hastings. It is said that they ended up serving the Emperor of Constantonople in the famouse varangian Guard and as guards of the Emperor they fought in the battle of Matzikert too. I don't belive it is very common to have people that fought both the most decicive battles of their century...

By the way, I saw somewhere that there is an interesting story about some of the huscarls that fought alongside harold in Hastings. It is said that they ended up serving the Emperor of Constantonople in the famouse varangian Guard and as guards of the Emperor they fought in the battle of Matzikert too. I don't belive it is very common to have people that fought both the most decicive battles of their century...
It would suck to be on the losing end of two historical battles. And I say this as a person who prefers King Harold Godwinsson over William the Bastard of Normandy. I have read that after Hastings, so many English men-at-arms left England to serve in the Varangian Guard that the Varangian Guard become known as the "English Guard." I would rather that they had stayed in England and fought for their own kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom