Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I just use the weird bug that has my party limit up to 569 now :smile:. Works on 1.4.1 and 1.40 release on my laptop I keep trying to nail down what causes it to get a save game before and after, has something to do with being in battle and then reloading. Each reload party size will go up like another 20. Even works if you exit to main menu, however if you exit the game it completely resets so if you have 200 too many troops poof they'll leave fast. It must reside in memory because otherwise the party limit would come back from the save game.
So if you go into your party screen and hover over the "Troops (569/569)" header, what does the tooltip say? It sounds like it's adding another base size of +20 each time or something.

So if you go into your party screen and hover over the "Troops (569/569)" header, what does the tooltip say? It sounds like it's adding another base size of +20 each time or something.

I'll check tonight, I finally realized it was a bug about a week ago as I was getting frustrated that I didn't understand why I kept losing my party size limits. The problem is getting the bug to initialize, but once it does I could click load game till the end of time and have a party limit of a million if the game didn't crash. I don't remember anything obvious as I'd hover over the tooltip trying to figure how my party size was getting calculated.

When the current beta branch is sufficiently stable and the next beta branch is ready to go. So in short... when it's ready :razz:

I do not want to offend anyone. You work slowly (when viewed from the side). The players are leaving. Perhaps you should create a video blog where you can talk about what problems you encountered. What do you plan to add to the game in the coming months. (Languages) Personally, I don’t understand why all the perks still don’t work. I do not understand why it is still impossible to find satellites using the encyclopedia.

@Duh_TaleWorlds

The influence cost for the ruler to override the popular vote in a kingdom decision is now calculated differently. Players will be able to spend the decision's normal cost for up to 3 points of difference or "votes". They will have to spend the decision's max cost for any additional points of difference. (To elaborate further - the options associated with influence costs in a kingdom decision represent votes. So f.e. in a decision with the costs 10 / 40 / 100, choosing the 100 option amounts to 3 points or votes. If you are a king and want to overrule a popular vote that surpasses the alternative by 5 points / votes, your cost will amount to 100 (for the first 3 votes) plus another 2 x 100 (for the additional points of difference).

I am in a Kingdom by myself and just proposed peace with another kingdom. I had 103 influence but went down to -97 so it cost me 200 influence to get peace.

It said that it passed despite majority support against the decision for peace.

Is the above hotfix patch from 30/05/20 the reason I was charged 200 influence and went into the negatives? Instead of just 100 influence as expected?

OK I am sure I should post here, but after the patch today 6/3 I am about 225 days into the game and every single city in the entire map has all the food trade goods in the red, meaning they are way above average cost. I went to every city and checked and there wasn't a single green item to buy , green for traders means below average. Is anyone else getting this. What it feels like is that they are using the food from garrisons and since they have extra they keep getting more troops there so they are consuming every trade good in the city.
You could say it was just the campaign you ran, and I might go with that but when there isn't one green item to buy in any city in the entire map, that seems off especially since i've done a trader build. This could be a big problem for people to maintain food if it's so expensive,
sorry to ramble just want to make sure everyone knows exactly what I mean and I've done my work to investigate the whole map.
We have an issue with the patch or just a 1 in a million playthrough?
Thank you

OK I am sure I should post here, but after the patch today 6/3 I am about 225 days into the game and every single city in the entire map has all the food trade goods in the red, meaning they are way above average cost. I went to every city and checked and there wasn't a single green item to buy , green for traders means below average. Is anyone else getting this. What it feels like is that they are using the food from garrisons and since they have extra they keep getting more troops there so they are consuming every trade good in the city.
You could say it was just the campaign you ran, and I might go with that but when there isn't one green item to buy in any city in the entire map, that seems off especially since i've done a trader build. This could be a big problem for people to maintain food if it's so expensive,
sorry to ramble just want to make sure everyone knows exactly what I mean and I've done my work to investigate the whole map.
We have an issue with the patch or just a 1 in a million playthrough?
Thank you
Have the prices actually changed significantly, or just the colour they highlight?

I suggest loading up your game and letting it run on max speed for a year or two of game time, then check prices (and colours). The hotfix changed the rules about how settlements value goods when their prosperity is low and they need food, which is likely to have a destabilising effect on a game in progress - but in theory it should settle over time.

Have the prices actually changed significantly, or just the colour they highlight?

I suggest loading up your game and letting it run on max speed for a year or two of game time, then check prices (and colours). The hotfix changed the rules about how settlements value goods when their prosperity is low and they need food, which is likely to have a destabilising effect on a game in progress - but in theory it should settle over time.
They are super high, I know the prices for all trade goods by heart and cheapest fish, seriously was 19 in any city when there are 3 cities when not raided can be below 15 all the time, and they are normally 11 or lower. That is just one example, but yes to your question that all prices of everything is high.
I will start a new game and make a trader and test again, just curious if anyone can check their games over 200 days in and see if they get same problem.

I will start a new game and make a trader and test again, just curious if anyone can check their games over 200 days in and see if they get same problem.
Been running something processing-heavy, so can't confirm, but this kind of behavior with food prices wouldn't surprise me at all considering the state of prosperity/food balance prior to the patch and the changes made.

Things need to stabilize since it's a significant change.

I can confirm the economy has been drastically altered with patch today.
On my new game I noticed high prices again so I decided to do a run I almost always do very early on to make money so I know it almost perfectly. I run to Askar for grain They have 3 villages supply it and early on I get it for 5-6 each, rarely will I pay 7 under 100 turns in. I paid 8 for it and 9 for the last 200. Then I run to Quyaz to sell some grain and buy their fish they have 2 villages supplying it. I normally sell the grain for 14-18, this time it was 20. When I looked at fish I was shocked, it was 30 to buy, something I have never seen before. and besides grain and fish the next lowest trade good item was 51 to buy. There are 3 or 4 easily that should be under 50 at the start. I checked and no villages were burning and Quyaz hadn't been under siege. I have done this run easily on at least 15 times or more and this has never happened. So I started checking other towns and of course they all had high prices, so it is confirmed that the economy has been messed up since patch.
Just want the crew to know and please look into it.
Thank you

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed the campaign map defender siege engine positions for the level 2 version of Medeni castle. This should resolve crashing for cases where the player initiates a siege against a level 2 version of the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused corrupted save files to crash the game on load screen.
  • Fixed an issue with the final perk of the 1-handed and 2-handed skills.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
  • On average about 30% of towns and 50% of castles were experiencing issues with starvation. To improve this situation, settlements with less food now offer higher prices so caravans distribute food better. Village food production was also increased from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15 and consumption of beer in settlements now gives a bonus to food stores. Furthermore, garrisons grow to a lesser degree if a settlement has fewer or smaller villages. With these changes starvation was reduced to 10% of towns and 20% of castles - which mostly occurs in cases of hostile actions like raids and sieges.
  • Influence awards of some policies were adjusted to reduce influence inflation across kingdoms.
  • Effects of daily default projects for settlements were reduced.
  • Several minor fixes for AI war and peace declarations.
First of all thanks for the update.. Its looking good.Just wanted to make sure on one or two things i have seen in my game after patch.Towns... I have a town own Kingdom not at War .that has 2 Villages ,,,The Granary was built to level 3 .I have now 700 food in it. thats great but i also see more coming in so it says 700 + 26 or what ever.. but the 700 dos not go up any more is that right . i went to another town thats also has a Granary Built to level 3 as it was one i had before it was taken. but that has 3 Villages . it also says 700 food with a + ...I then went to a castle and it says 300 + 20 but also dos not go up any more .. anyway i wanted to put this down here just to make sure thats what you want and that its right ..
Also The Influence .. That was a big drop .. I was getting 9.6 now its only 3.75 So a King with all the pluses now can only get 3.75 .. I am ok with this as i have no lords or anything like that and not fighting so i no i can get more from that but again just wanted to make sure that its right..
Apart from that all looking good.

Yep, my army size also went down by 50, meaning I have too many troops (T5+) who are abandoning party now... This was without Community Patch since it has not been working, party size dropped from 362 to 312.
they nerfed "noble retinues" the kingdom policy that previously added 80 to your party size, now only adds 30. a HUGE nerf. since it also drains your influence daily instead of providing some.

After today's hot fix i've noticed. Both my companion parties missing about 15 troops, they just vanished, their party limit hasn't changed, but i checked an earlier save and i still had those units, guess gotta redo what i did yesterday...
Also, policies that give influence passively have been nerfed down HARD, i was getting about 25 per day passively, now only 9...
of course there's the noble retinues nerf that will ruin my army size. guess i'll have to enable cheat so i can teleport to my garisson to avoid troop loss.

I am in a Kingdom by myself and just proposed peace with another kingdom. I had 103 influence but went down to -97 so it cost me 200 influence to get peace.

It said that it passed despite majority support against the decision for peace.

Is the above hotfix patch from 30/05/20 the reason I was charged 200 influence and went into the negatives? Instead of just 100 influence as expected?
yeah i've had the same issue. when i'm the only clan in the kingdom i just started. whenever i want to pass a policy that is 100% support, it costs me double the influence and says despite majority support against. when i'm the only clan i don't get my own support? like wtf?
another time, i took a castle and both my vassels want it, they each voted themselves for 10 influence. except i was planning to keep it myself. costs 999 influence to vito their votes and keep it for myself... like really? 999? it's funny because i own the town next to it and my vessals are half the continent away.

@Flesson19 I wouldn't assume the fact the economy has changed means it is "messed up". We'll need to play with it for a bit to get a handle on that. It is certainly possible that the latest hotfix change could mess up the economy, but the symptoms you describe on their own could be seen in a healthier more sustainable economic simulation too. If the simulation is healthy, we will just adapt our play to the new normal.

@Dean Beecham Granaries at max capacity are indeed supposed to work the way you describe. They always have in Bannerlord (though granary capacity used to be a lot smaller before 1.4.1) and it is a standard gameplay design pattern for storage of resources.

The Granary was built to level 3 .I have now 700 food in it. thats great but i also see more coming in so it says 700 + 26 or what ever.. but the 700 dos not go up any more is that right . i went to another town thats also has a Granary Built to level 3 as it was one i had before it was taken. but that has 3 Villages . it also says 700 food with a + ...I then went to a castle and it says 300 + 20 but also dos not go up any more .. anyway i wanted to put this down here just to make sure thats what you want and that its right ..
Granary gives you the 700 capacity, it can't exceed that. the +20 is the daily production after consumption. meaning you have food surplus allowing for more garrison to be stationed there without starvation. castles typically have smaller storage i think caps at 400 with lvl 3 granary.

I do not want to offend anyone. You work slowly (when viewed from the side). The players are leaving. Perhaps you should create a video blog where you can talk about what problems you encountered. What do you plan to add to the game in the coming months. (Languages) Personally, I don’t understand why all the perks still don’t work. I do not understand why it is still impossible to find satellites using the encyclopedia.

I'm not calling your post offensive. If you didn't want to offend anyone you wouldn't tell someone that they work slowly and are losing customers because of it. Perhaps you should create a video blog where you can explain how your post wasn't offensive. Personally, I don't understand what your post is supposed to accomplish. Maybe you should try it in a different language.

@Flesson19 I wouldn't assume the fact the economy has changed means it is "messed up". We'll need to play with it for a bit to get a handle on that. It is certainly possible that the latest hotfix change could mess up the economy, but the symptoms you describe on their own could be seen in a healthier more sustainable economic simulation too. If the simulation is healthy, we will just adapt our play to the new normal.

I have been playing for hours and have done a few games to test it. I am pretty certain that troop garrison are taking the food from towns and eating it. The prices of all trade good consumables have gone up 50%-100%, so besides fish and grain every other product is over 50 to buy. That is "messed up" And the reason i say this is because i like to use my trader and with their being hardly no food stocks it is a nightmare trying to play that way, so have to goto a warrior setup and prepare to pay 50%-100% more for food.
And if you say it isn't messed up then why haven't the green, yellow,red circles to show average cost with the trader perk been changed?
But I get it, they made this change to try and fix the garrison problem with starving, get it, cool, I understand, but there is absolutely no way that this symptom I describe is a healthy sustainable simulation economy.
All I was hoping for was ok I'll let the team know there is a potential problem but to get 2 possible excuses as to why this could happen, to me I don't get that. We both know a 50% increase or more on good is not intended, I\ve been playing this for almost 700 hours and while I in no way will say I am an expert on the game, the one thing I really know is the economy with playing so much time as a trader, I can tell when something is off.
just please let the team know so it can hopefully get fixed since I know there is a problem and it's not a " healthier more sustainable economic simulation"
Thank you

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed the campaign map defender siege engine positions for the level 2 version of Medeni castle. This should resolve crashing for cases where the player initiates a siege against a level 2 version of the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused corrupted save files to crash the game on load screen.
  • Fixed an issue with the final perk of the 1-handed and 2-handed skills.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
  • On average about 30% of towns and 50% of castles were experiencing issues with starvation. To improve this situation, settlements with less food now offer higher prices so caravans distribute food better. Village food production was also increased from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15 and consumption of beer in settlements now gives a bonus to food stores. Furthermore, garrisons grow to a lesser degree if a settlement has fewer or smaller villages. With these changes starvation was reduced to 10% of towns and 20% of castles - which mostly occurs in cases of hostile actions like raids and sieges.
  • Influence awards of some policies were adjusted to reduce influence inflation across kingdoms.
  • Effects of daily default projects for settlements were reduced.
  • Several minor fixes for AI war and peace declarations.

Thanks for the update. 1.4.1 has had some really rough edges, but it is coming around nicely.

I have been playing for hours and have done a few games to test it. I am pretty certain that troop garrison are taking the food from towns and eating it. The prices of all trade good consumables have gone up 50%-100%, so besides fish and grain every other product is over 50 to buy. That is "messed up" And the reason i say this is because i like to use my trader and with their being hardly no food stocks it is a nightmare trying to play that way, so have to goto a warrior setup and prepare to pay 50%-100% more for food.
And if you say it isn't messed up then why haven't the green, yellow,red circles to show average cost with the trader perk been changed?
But I get it, they made this change to try and fix the garrison problem with starving, get it, cool, I understand, but there is absolutely no way that this symptom I describe is a healthy sustainable simulation economy.
All I was hoping for was ok I'll let the team know there is a potential problem but to get 2 possible excuses as to why this could happen, to me I don't get that. We both know a 50% increase or more on good is not intended, I\ve been playing this for almost 700 hours and while I in no way will say I am an expert on the game, the one thing I really know is the economy with playing so much time as a trader, I can tell when something is off.
just please let the team know so it can hopefully get fixed since I know there is a problem and it's not a " healthier more sustainable economic simulation"
Thank you
No need to get upset. Taleworlds employees read the thread, so your report will be heard.

With 700 hours and an interest in trade, that does make you an expert of sorts. It also gives you a natural bias towards assuming it is a bad thing when there is a change to something you've invested a lot of time in. Here is what I have observed since the hotfix:

I let my 1.4.1 game idle for a game year (from near the start of a game) and then did a lap of most cities to look at prices. In spite of the increases in food prices, I did find examples of Wine, Oil & Beer in the green. Non-food trade goods are less effected. I found green stocks of Hides, Pottery, Cotton, Salt, Fur, Velvet, Flax, Clay, Tools & Jewelry. On average, the price of Pottery seems to have dropped as well as a couple of other goods.

It appears that the basic mouse over colour indicating green (below average), yellow (average range) and red (above average) prices is hard coded. Before this hotfix I assumed it was dynamic, with the only outlyer being Leather which was always red and I suspected that might be a supply and demand bug. But given this hot fix, it appears the "average" price is actually a constant for each good which would need to be updated to match the new actual averages.

So, if the colour coding for average price was updated, what would be the intrinsic problem of the changes for a trader? I observed price variation between towns so profits can still be made. An average increase in price per unit means you can carry a greater amount of potential profit for less weight. Less stocks might be a problem, but remember for your purposes as a trader, half the stock of grain at double the price represents exactly the same profit potential with the benefit of not needing as much carrying capacity.

There are other more complex reasons why the changes may or may not be a problem. My whole point is that economic simulations are complicated, and just because it is different doesn't mean it is more broken. The simulation already was broken in ways which have become clearer over time. It will take a bit of time to determine whether the changes made it more or less broken. Reporting that food prices are higher by a certain amount is useful. If that wasn't intended and the dev team consider it a problem, then adjustments will be made. But we (and even the dev team) can't assume that the economy is messed up purely because those prices have increased. Indeed, on average 30% of towns used to be starving because they did not value food highly enough - the price becoming higher than it was is a natural consequence of fixing that problem. Observation of flow through consequences is required to reach a conclusion on whether or not the economy is more messed up by the fix than it was before.

It certainly is clear that if the new behaviour is to be retained, the average price indicators need to be updated to match the new prices.

Last edited:
1) No need to get upset.
2) Taleworlds employees read the thread, so your report will be heard.
3) With 700 hours and an interest in trade, that does make you an expert of sorts.
4) It also gives you a natural bias towards assuming it is a bad thing when there is a change to something you've invested a lot of time in. :

1) never said I was
2) i know that
3) I disagree as I know by heart the norm or average price of all food trade goods
4) Not biased, just saying a 50-100% increase in price and the fact that less than 20 of all food except grain and fish are in stock is not a good thing, the fact there is so little available a very high price is a bad thing for everyone.

the shelves are bare, it is a result of the garrison fixes they are trying, or a bug from that attempt, which will come out when they fix it and show I was right. Not a huge deal to me.
I just wanted them to be aware, I just didn't want excuses as to why they think it's normal is all. I'm always in a good mood here and compliment as I say it "Taleworld and the gang" in many posts I've done
I post and wait to make sure they have read it since in the past a post of mine was never followed up on and after 2 weeks the bug was still not on the known issues page and a mod said they would tell them and I thanked him. i.e the lvl 25 trader perk that was broke in 1.2.0 and is still not been fixed

When the current beta branch is sufficiently stable and the next beta branch is ready to go. So in short... when it's ready :razz:

I have been adding it there every hotfix.

Τhe multiplayer continues to suffer lack of fixes and content because of the single player patch delays. Why is this a thing? Like for real, the population is dying.

Back
Top Bottom