Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

For me it was Southern Empire that initiated it, Is it changing anything to your reasoning ?

Not sure, though I'm using my own mod, maybe it has some effect - let me try it without it.

Checked it - and for me again Aserai started to make peace.

Last edited:
Well, nearly done with 1.4.1 nightmare haha

I didn't reproduce that issue, i'm fine with loading ans saving.
However the starting war between Aserai and Southern Empire is indeed bug with instant peace declaration on new campaign. Doesn't seems like a big issue at first but then as they didn't engage in any fight their troops are fresh and in this first test Aserai and Southern Empire ganged on Western empire that was already busy with Battania. The result was this :

L82X4.jpg

Only 2 month since game start

Yeah, same happens always. Aserai and Southern Empire make peace and then everyone declare war on Western Empire.

I have done like 5 runs and WE got wrecked in every try in less than 100 days.

Since several patches I noticed that sometimes I don't pay wages for garrisoned troop in castles. Now I am sure about it: It happens after participating a succesful siege defense. Could be related to wounded soldiers in garrison? I own two castles and it happened in both and continues even after adding garrisoned soldiers. Now I definitely don't pay anything for 240 tier5 soldiers.
Big issue if it happens to AI too...

Just updated today. It is nice that I can finally overrule my bloodthirsty lords in my kingdom when they want to go to war with the Khuzaits. And the tribute is dirt cheap! But the problem is, the lords still want to go to war with a much powerful kingdom, which is, in my case, the Khuzaits.

If you are having issues with Aserai making peace with Southern Empire the first day in a new campaign, and then Western Empire gets wrecked by everyone for this reason, please check this thread and post there if you want to add more info:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...w-campaign-beta-1-4-1-2-6-2020-hotfix.425075/

This bug looked like an inoffensive one but the truth is that It is bringing huge balancing issues in the first days of new campaigns. Thanks.

If you are having issues with Aserai making peace with Southern Empire the first day in a new campaign, and then Western Empire gets wrecked by everyone for this reason, please check this thread and post there if you want to add more info:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...w-campaign-beta-1-4-1-2-6-2020-hotfix.425075/

This bug looked like an inoffensive one but the truth is that It is bringing huge balancing issues in the first days of new campaigns. Thanks.

Seconded, in my fresh post-hotfix playthrough it's led to Western Empire going extinct in record time, to the enrichment of Aserai, Southern Empire and Vlandia (who also dogpiled in). Still, I appreciate the devs fixing the player-centric diplomacy issue, 1.4.1 is finally moving in the right direction.

Keep it up! :smile:

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed the campaign map defender siege engine positions for the level 2 version of Medeni castle. This should resolve crashing for cases where the player initiates a siege against a level 2 version of the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused corrupted save files to crash the game on load screen.
  • Fixed an issue with the final perk of the 1-handed and 2-handed skills.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
  • On average about 30% of towns and 50% of castles were experiencing issues with starvation. To improve this situation, settlements with less food now offer higher prices so caravans distribute food better. Village food production was also increased from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15 and consumption of beer in settlements now gives a bonus to food stores. Furthermore, garrisons grow to a lesser degree if a settlement has fewer or smaller villages. With these changes starvation was reduced to 10% of towns and 20% of castles - which mostly occurs in cases of hostile actions like raids and sieges.
  • Influence awards of some policies were adjusted to reduce influence inflation across kingdoms.
  • Effects of daily default projects for settlements were reduced.
  • Several minor fixes for AI war and peace declarations.

Hey everyone, we just shared another hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the following
  • Fixed the campaign map defender siege engine positions for the level 2 version of Medeni castle. This should resolve crashing for cases where the player initiates a siege against a level 2 version of the castle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused corrupted save files to crash the game on load screen.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the diplomacy system to have multiple relations between kingdom pairs. This should alleviate some problems with short war and truce periods.
  • On average about 30% of towns and 50% of castles were experiencing issues with starvation. To improve this situation, settlements with less food now offer higher prices so caravans distribute food better. Village food production was also increased from 4/8/12 to 5/10/15 and consumption of beer in settlements now gives a bonus to food stores. Furthermore, garrisons grow to a lesser degree if a settlement has fewer or smaller villages. With these changes starvation was reduced to 10% of towns and 20% of castles - which mostly occurs in cases of hostile actions like raids and sieges.
  • Influence awards of some policies were adjusted to reduce influence inflation across kingdoms.
Despite all the hate on the forum, the devs are clearly hard at work and producing results after listening to community feedback. I'll be hopping on and trying out the new update ASAP.

*slow clap*

when do you think the big update comes?

Very good work TW!
Now as a suggestion: Can you put it on the first page of this thread? And always update there? its hard to read here lost in lots and lots of pages :grin:

Thankyou TW! More info on what might be added over the next months would be appreciated greatly at some point!

@Duh_TaleWorlds

Just tested and the issue with Aserai and Southern Empire systematically making peace on the first day of every new campaign still exist despite
and
You can find more info here :

From what I can tell that issue isn't necessarily a bug, but may just be the starting set up of factions not really supporting that particular war in the current model. We are gonna have more of a look at the early period, though from what I have seen today this particular matter isn't a huge issue. The western empire did fine in a number of runs today, for instance.

Community Patch is still broken with the recent hotfixes. I almost feel like there is no point playing without all the perks the CP fixes. Literally feels like a shell of a game without it.

I think that something needs to change with the scaling influence costs, especially with the massive nerf to influence generation. In my current game I have to pay 1380 influence to overrule a decision in my kingdom and I can only generate 8 a day with almost every influence policy and 2 fully upgraded forums. Needing over 150 days of influence generation to combat one decision just does not feel right.

Also, why nerf the policies impacting party size? The stewardship tree perks don't work so those were pretty much the only way to get a large party together. Just seems completely unnecessary and anti-fun.

My main problem with this patch remains the lord voting on war actions. It makes governing a kingdom extremely frustrating since you have to periodically dump all your influence to prevent your kingdom from committing suicide. I think that even with smarter AI diplomacy it will still feel very frustrating since you never really feel like you're in charge. Maybe some kind of policy exclusive to player kingdoms to increase control would help?

I understand that player kingdoms are not a priority at the moment, but one of the big new features of the beta was the ability to create your own kingdom through the sandbox rather than the main quest. With the fixes to the player's ability to overrule decisions as well, I can only assume that some attention is being given to this aspect at the moment.

Essentially, the changes being made to reign in the crazy decision making of the AI is indirectly causing player kingdoms to be near unplayable since you effectively have even less control over your kingdom than you would as a vassal, since you are required to dump influence very frequently.

Until diplomacy is under control, I think just removing the AI voting on wars function for player kingdoms would go a long way to making the build more playable, as well as encourage more people to actually make their own kingdoms for testing purposes. As a side note, the dialogue option to make peace with other factions is totally useless with the tribute system, the game does not allow you to make peace this way any more.

Back
Top Bottom