Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

We can agree on patches and mods at the same time.
The problem is not that they are releasing patches, the problem is how it is being done. I was having an excellent time playing this game but was force fed a patch even though I'm not playing Beta. Give the hotfixes to the beta, and release an update that I can choose to move to or choose to stay with my mods still working.

I agree that beta version should get its hotfixes regularly thats the whole point of the beta testing process after all,but stable version should not have forcefed hotfixes,its for people who is okay with just playing the game on their own time,I see nothing wrong with this, whats the point of stable version otherwise?

I agree that beta version should get its hotfixes regularly thats the whole point of the beta testing process after all,but stable version should not have forcefed hotfixes,its for people who is okay with just playing the game on their own time,I see nothing wrong with this, whats the point of stable version otherwise?
We're in agreement. No forced hotfixes.

Right now there isn't much point in getting too invested in the game on stable version even without mods.
As they can drop a big patch anytime that's not save game compitable where you have to start over anyways.
The game should be much more stable in few months.

Seriously people, why do not you just let die this threat? There are tons of issues in the game and you could be giving feedback but sadly this is the only threat in forum which get a new message every minute.

(And yes, I know that I am also contributing to bump this threat but It is due to a noble cause :razz:)

Seriously people, why do not you just let die this threat? There are tons of issues in the game and you could be giving feedback but sadly this is the only threat in forum which get a new message every minute.

(And yes, I know that I am also contributing to bump this threat but It is due to a noble cause :razz:)
People have opinions to share here. Go "noble cause" those other threads than.

When did I say that this game should be finished and bug-free and all polished? I'm just asking that they do not mess up with modder's work and force an update with every two lines of code.

Comprehension skills: sub-par!

Speaking of comprehension skills if you had any you would have seen where I clearly was addressing not just your post but "and about 60% of the posts in this thread." Thank you for proving my point that people with complaints like yours jump before looking.

People have opinions to share here. Go "noble cause" those other threads than.

This tbh

Both sides of this debate are feedback to the devs on how they run the EA. On one side you have people asking the devs to switch to cater to the mod community right now even if it means fewer updates for the rest of us. On the other side you have people who want the devs to continue pushing out updates and build a stable, playable game and then work on stabilizing the modding scene. Tbh I think both sides actually have the same roadplan in mind, just the former wasn't aware it was starting so far back when they chose to get invested, for reasons I've already mentioned.

so, I make mods, my future is a game dev and I get there by making mods. Base game can be broken, only then I will shine, that I used the broken game, did all in my power to prevent proper devs to fix it. Fixed things mean I cant boast of my superb skills, so all the mods in my portfolio mean that I will be getting paid in the future- the more non-working base game the better. With a working base game, my achievements will seem miniscule. My agenda is against fixing the game, while this is not in the interest of the majority, I am so above everyone else that my voice only counts, disregarding the rest who do not play (my) mods. The game is mine to decide whether it is getting patched! Hear it TW ?!!! I, the center of the universe demand you obey my selfish whims and do as I command !!! I simply cant let you, TW, ruin my game dev future ! I demand compensation, 'youve stolen my childhood' !!! :wink:

so, I make mods, my future is a game dev and I get there by making mods. Base game can be broken, only then I will shine, that I used the broken game, did all in my power to prevent proper devs to fix it. Fixed things mean I cant boast of my superb skills, so all the mods in my portfolio mean that I will be getting paid in the future- the more non-working base game the better. With a working base game, my achievements will seem miniscule. My agenda is against fixing the game, while this is not in the interest of the majority, I am so above everyone else that my voice only counts, disregarding the rest who do not play (my) mods. The game is mine to decide whether it is getting patched! Hear it TW ?!!! I, the center of the universe demand you obey my selfish whims and do as I command !!! I simply cant let you, TW, ruin my game dev future ! I demand compensation, 'youve stolen my childhood' !!! :wink:
Bruh...the trollest of the troll statements ever.

I want a full game. But I would also like TW to realize their game is full of holes and that their fan base would really appreciate if they maintained a better system of updating their game in segments. Their current system of stable and beta versions is good, and I wish they stayed dedicated to that. Hitfixes are understandable right after their updates drop. But its been about 2 weeks now and boom a miniscule hotfix that also breaks a lot of mods. Why couldn't they just hold it until their next big update in 1.5.

Thanks for a post that isn't completely idiotic... :wink:

Hotfixes are always a possible way to fix issues, if they are the best way or not depends on the circumstances.

First, there are always dangers with hotfixes. Due to their nature, they rarely get tested properly and have the potential to break more than they fix. That's why every sane developer evaluates if it's worth the risk. Hotfixes in general are common practice and they get used when the benefits outweigh the risks.

However this is completely unrelated to modding. Mods are unsupported and should never have any influence on the patching process. Otherwise things get silly pretty quick and TW could just as well stop developing the game.

So if a hotfix is the right thing or not is completely based on the question if it broke something in the game and not if some unsupported mods stopped working. As far as I can tell 1.4 hardly changed after the hotfix apart from some crashes no longer occuring which is a complete success.

If they accidentally manage to break their game because they released untested code in order to fix a critical issue I could understand the complaining (even then, pointing out the early access state of the game would be a legit argument...).

Simply saying 'no hotfixes for the "stable" build' would be very shortsighted. Imagine they manage to entirely screw up the next major release and a hotfix could be deployed within a few hours. But they can't do that because some crétins decided that mods are more important than development?! And we would need to wait for weeks until the next major update gets released? That would seem pretty silly to me.

So people can criticise hotfixes when they break something, as long as it's not mods.

Thanks for a post that isn't completely idiotic... :wink:

Hotfixes are always a possible way to fix issues, if they are the best way or not depends on the circumstances.

First, there are always dangers with hotfixes. Due to their nature, they rarely get tested properly and have the potential to break more than they fix. That's why every sane developer evaluates if it's worth the risk. Hotfixes in general are common practice and they get used when the benefits outweigh the risks.

However this is completely unrelated to modding. Mods are unsupported and should never have any influence on the patching process. Otherwise things get silly pretty quick and TW could just as well stop developing the game.

So if a hotfix is the right thing or not is completely based on the question if it broke something in the game and not if some unsupported mods stopped working. As far as I can tell 1.4 hardly changed after the hotfix apart from some crashes no longer occuring which is a complete success.

If they accidentally manage to break their game because they released untested code in order to fix a critical issue I could understand the complaining (even then, pointing out the early access state of the game would be a legit argument...).

Simply saying 'no hotfixes for the "stable" build' would be very shortsighted. Imagine they manage to entirely screw up the next major release and a hotfix could be deployed within a few hours. But they can't do that because some crétins decided that mods are more important than development?! And we would need to wait for weeks until the next major update gets released? That would seem pretty silly to me.

So people can criticise hotfixes when they break something, as long as it's not mods.
To say they shouldn't consider modders and their work is beyond ridiculous. This is a sandbox game.

I'm not saying modders should have direct influence of the game development. But modders and their works are literally the biggest fans of their games, and their successes is the biggest feedback for the game to possible pick up on.

Frankly i'd rather not use mods if they game devs spent an afternoon working on some quality of life fixes.

what about formations not saving? been a problem since day 1, no fix? how hard is that?

what about garrison donations? how your companions will donate up to half their troops to allied settlements but never yours? is that intended? probably not

what about console commands? impossible to add? lol

all 3 examples i listed are mods btw, but of course i stopped using them due to lack of compatibility with game every patch.

Bruh...the trollest of the troll statements ever.
why trolling ? It was my opinion about some folks who feel entitled to many things which I believe is trying to make a career out of modding. Not my cup of tea. And to me this is pretty self-centered pov that some people are seemingly pressuring tw. I hate attention-seeking behavior and to me it felt like this. This is why I went with the center of the universe kind of thing. I tend to be quite accurate when guessing people, because they tend to be self-centered, my profit in the future etc. It is also self-promotion, I, modder, my mods are gerat etc.

I do not like mods much, last time I played for WB for 1257 back in 2010. Most ideas added, their implementation was about change for the sake of change. There might have been some other projects, but usually it was about the projections of their maker, in general, warped ideas, ridiculous gameplay. BL so far is pretty barebones and in need of improvements some of which are not hard to make. I used to edit some modules back in the day as well, but it tended to take hours and hours. I did consider about game making way back, it was something I was really into, but never for the money. If I did ever do something for money, I would feel obligated to do much more, something I do not like pressing myself into constant overwork. So in general, I wouldnt be able to work for a gaming company in principle. So I left it there, never going seriously for it.

To say they shouldn't consider modders and their work is beyond ridiculous. This is a sandbox game.

I'm not saying modders should have direct influence of the game development. But modders and their works are literally the biggest fans of their games, and their successes is the biggest feedback for the game to possible pick up on.
I didn't say they shouldn't be considered at all but that they shouldn't be considered in the patching process.

I'd say if you want to test it you may play the Beta version. If you want to test mods you may play the stable version. Update the Beta as often as you want. Update the stable once a month.
If you want to play the stable version and want to update often then I don't know.

Vanilla users 'appreciate' every single update we can get our hands on!

We thank you Dev’s very very very much. :party: :party: :party:

*whining*

...you do realize official modding support is not even out yet right? you do realize that? right?

So yeah, if people want to start hack-modding right away that's fine, but when TW releases something, small hotfix or not, that breaks mods, you have two options, play it without mods, or suck it up and wait for said mods to update.

What exactly is it you expect them to do? analyze every single mod released to check if their changes are going to affect? is that what you seriously expect them to do?

Once OFFICIAL modding tools and documentation are out then you can start complaining when updates break mods, otherwise just shut it.

I'm starting to think whether you're able to read. "analyze every single mod"? Really? Is that really what I said? Is that really what they need to do? I'm just confused that whether you are truly stupid and don't know how to read, or are an extremely defensive fanboy intentionally playing stupid to mess with me
Bottom part of my previous post

There's your solution to modded version that won't get broken by updates whichever branch you set it up on.

Anybody who still complains about mods breaking in an actively developed game that does support running it from another location would do better to learn the simple steps of setting up a separate installation instead of continuing QQing.

Back
Top Bottom