Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Psst, don't tell him :3
Nevermind that TW games are total different genre and had its fair share of buggy releases like Empire and Rome 2.
I wouldn't say totally different. It's somewhat similar if you think about it, just warhammer 2 has lots more content and meaningful, fun strategies how to win a combat.

I wouldn't say totally different. It's somewhat similar if you think about it, just warhammer 2 has lots more content and meaningful, fun strategies how to win a combat.

All my TW games have come down to pretty much - infantry center, archers rekt from flanks, cav runs everybody over..

Psst, don't tell him :3
Nevermind that TW games are total different genre and had its fair share of buggy releases like Empire and Rome 2.

Oh yeah, I remember RTW 2 being launched and hundreds of bugs within first day :grin: at that point my wallet was like - nope, you shall wait (or not pass).

All my TW games have come down to pretty much - infantry center, archers rekt from flanks, cav runs everybody over..
Yeah, try to do that in multiplayer. Also WH2 has magic and special skills thats adds variety to the combat.

Also, please stop hijacking the thread, it doesn't matter what I play. :grin:

I said what I wanted to say, now I am leaving this game (and forums) for good until its more than a skeleton on crutches.

Fan boys are strooong in this thread. I guess what normal customers like me can learn from this is - to leave this bull**** EA and wait for half a year for a finished game (but then I will be playing Cyberpunk and will forget this skeleton of a game).

Fanboys "but you use mods, u cant complain, reeeee!"

Haha, fun fact - without mods this game is so empty and half baked that its gets boring super fast.There's nothing to do than grind grind grind.

Anyhow, I am going back to playing warhammer 2 which is about 150x better game than this.
Great! If you manage to not create a forum account for the next game you don't like you are almost acting like a sane person.

Fan boys are strooong in this thread. I guess what normal customers like me can learn from this is - to leave this bull**** EA and wait for half a year for a finished game (but then I will be playing Cyberpunk and will forget this skeleton of a game).

Can't speak for others, but I've been openly and vocally critical of TW's handling of this EA for a while now. There are many issues that need resolving (and not just in terms of game elements or implementation).

Game updates breaking mods aren't one of them. It's not just "fanbois" that think your demand for a game in ongoing development being backward-compatible with mods ridiculous.
Haha, fun fact - without mods this game is so empty and half baked that its gets boring super fast.There's nothing to do than grind grind grind.
Guess what? I agree.

Still not an argument to demand "mod compatibility" which would directly impact further development.
Anyhow, I am going back to playing warhammer 2 which is about 150x better game than this.
Enjoy your Denuvo. Also, a lesson about your buying EA is somewhere there.

To all the people kvetching about mod breaking, here's a yuuge protip:

Copy your default Steam installation Bannerlord folder (\Steam\steamapps\common) elsewhere.

The game works launched from non-default location (it's how I've been playing since EA was released). The only "problem" with that might be updating/applying mods - I haven't touched them yet, but I doubt you can't manually install them wherever your Bannerlord runs from.

Sure, it's a little bit more complicated than just clicking a button or two with automatic mod installers, but then you're guaranteed nothing in your installation will ever change without your direct influence.

There, problem solved.

Not bashing on the game but i agree complete that the game is a grind fest. And that's why i play with mods, (until i can find the files to edit myself), because even with the game set to reward 5x the exp and renown (thru mods), the game still is long and more enjoyable imo.

Vanilla would have you battle 100's of looters to just level up to a decent in game level. while after possibly days of playing, you've would have had raised and lost armies of superior troops compared to your own characters skill.

I understand that its possibly better to have a low baseline when it comes to skill and game progression. but the current speed is just waaaaay to slow. If they just allowed skill progression thru arena fights i would accept that, because i can't spend a whole day, just trying to find find low tier enemies to try to get one or two sword swings in.

I have no idea why people cannot play more than one game in their leisure time, unless of course playing this one is all they do in life.

Nobody is saying not to use mods. (ok, a couple people are saying that, but its a minority.) All people are saying is that you use them at your own risk and stop complaining when an update breaks them, because it's going to keep on happening all the time. Play offline and turn off auto-updates and you won't have that problem.

When the EA was first released I was on the side of TW. Now that they've apparently given up and are doing nothing but getting in the way of people who are actually fixing the game, I'm on the side of modders.

When the EA was first released I was on the side of TW. Now that they've apparently given up and are doing nothing but getting in the way of people who are actually fixing the game, I'm on the side of modders.

I don't know that it is intentional but you make it sound like the two are competing forces. That doesn't make any sense to me.

They are though. Different code with different content and you can only choose one.

Right, but it's not like modders are fighting against developers over who gets to develop the game. They are just making the changes that they see fit, while developers work on changing the base game. I don't see why it needs to be framed as if it was some kind of battle of modders against developers. That just does not exist.

jfc, it was clearly stated in the EA disclaimers the game was not finished and was barebones and would continue to be worked and fleshed out over the next year or so. It also clearly said mods were likely to be broken frequently. I really don't understand how people bought the EA, were disappointed there is a lack of content and QoL and are trying to use mods to have a "complete" game, and now complain the mods get broken constantly. And even more baffling to me are those who are saying the modders are doing the job TW "should have done" as though the EA is supposed to be a finished game.

The OP and about 60% of the posts in the thread stink of people who couldn't be bothered to take 5 minutes out of their day to actually read what they were buying and now want to blame everyone but themselves for their lack of impulse control. You were warned about all of this before you made your purchase, it's not TW fault you weren't paying attention. If you're that unhappy with the state of the game and aren't interested in helping with the games development (and in it's current state mods are counterproductive anyway for testing, as has been stated before in this thread) do everyone a favor and uninstall and come back later when the game is done. That way TW can focus on fixing what needs to be fixed and legitimate feedback will be more visible.

(Or maybe these are just some really good trolls in which case my hat's off to you for getting so many of us to react)

We can agree on patches and mods at the same time.
The problem is not that they are releasing patches, the problem is how it is being done. I was having an excellent time playing this game but was force fed a patch even though I'm not playing Beta. Give the hotfixes to the beta, and release an update that I can choose to move to or choose to stay with my mods still working.

jfc, it was clearly stated in the EA disclaimers the game was not finished and was barebones and would continue to be worked and fleshed out over the next year or so. It also clearly said mods were likely to be broken frequently. I really don't understand how people bought the EA, were disappointed there is a lack of content and QoL and are trying to use mods to have a "complete" game, and now complain the mods get broken constantly. And even more baffling to me are those who are saying the modders are doing the job TW "should have done" as though the EA is supposed to be a finished game.

The OP and about 60% of the posts in the thread stink of people who couldn't be bothered to take 5 minutes out of their day to actually read what they were buying and now want to blame everyone but themselves for their lack of impulse control. You were warned about all of this before you made your purchase, it's not TW fault you weren't paying attention. If you're that unhappy with the state of the game and aren't interested in helping with the games development (and in it's current state mods are counterproductive anyway for testing, as has been stated before in this thread) do everyone a favor and uninstall and come back later when the game is done. That way TW can focus on fixing what needs to be fixed and legitimate feedback will be more visible.

(Or maybe these are just some really good trolls in which case my hat's off to you for getting so many of us to react)

When did I say that this game should be finished and bug-free and all polished? I'm just asking that they do not mess up with modder's work and force an update with every two lines of code.

Comprehension skills: sub-par!

Back
Top Bottom