Please fix lords Infinite regeneration issue

Users who are viewing this thread

applepie333

Recruit
After winning great war, Many enemy lords have been captured.

Because penalty for execution is too large, I can't kill Them

But they quickly escaped prison. And A few days later immediately Regeneration a unit

look at screenshot.

it's terrible!!

Is it a bug catching game?

Please fix it!

R1280x0

Last edited:
NPC is cheating all around.
we have open threads for that.

gameplay in 1.41 is like beeing a dummy against a bot.

this is no fun at the moment.
im waiting for next update.

NPC is cheating all around.
we have open threads for that.

gameplay in 1.41 is like beeing a dummy against a bot.

this is no fun at the moment.
im waiting for next update.
Its weird, though I was running quite a few mods, I rolled AI over like there is no tomorrow.

There's no single fix for the problem. One method I'd like to see as part of a multi faceted solution would be defeated lords and even the player being severely wounded whenever they're downed in battle.

When the player or any AI lord is "downed" in battle, they should have a high chance(50% to 90% chance depending on perks) of sustaining "severe wounds". Severe wounds would require a set amount of days of rest, say 3 nights rest at a castle, and the attention of an AI healer that's only available in castles, before the player or AI lord can take to the field of battle again.

TW could take this concept a step further to where if the player or AI has recently recovered from a severe wound and is downed again within say 3 to 5 of days after recovering, if they're downed again within that time frame they're automatically severely wounded again and a longer period of healing and recovery is required. Again Perks and or your assigned Surgeon could lessen the effects of Severe Wounds.

It's a small step but as I stated, there's no single solution for this problem.

Last edited:
There's no single fix for the problem. One method I'd like to see as part of a multi faceted solution would be defeated lords and even the play being severely wounded when they're downed in battle.

When the player or any AI lord is "downed" in battle, they should have a high chance of sustaining "severe wounds". Severe wounds would require a set amount of days of rest, say nights rest, and the attention of an AI healer that's only available in castles, before the player or AI lord can take to the field of battle again.

Great idea!!

TW need to Refer to Total War: THREE KINGDOMS's [Resilience System]

if lords lose battle, only the first is injured

If lord lose once more while injured, They will die

They did add a two day waiting period for lords after they're released per the 1.3.0 patch notes:
  • There was no waiting time after captured lords were released; they were spawning at the next daily tick, now they spawn at least 2 days later.
The way it works is that once a lord is released/escapes, they spawn back at their fief and will wait in the hall for 2 days before reforming their party and beginning the recruiting process. I have seen it happen myself, so I can confirm it's implemented, but it's still possible that there could be bugs that prevent it from totally functioning properly.

When the player or any AI lord is "downed" in battle, they should have a high chance(50% to 90% chance depending on perks) of sustaining "severe wounds". Severe wounds would require a set amount of days of rest, say 3 nights rest at a castle, and the attention of an AI healer that's only available in castles, before the player or AI lord can take to the field of battle again.

I second this.

They did add a two day waiting period for lords after they're released per the 1.3.0 patch notes:

The way it works is that once a lord is released/escapes, they spawn back at their fief and will wait in the hall for 2 days before reforming their party and beginning the recruiting process. I have seen it happen myself, so I can confirm it's implemented, but it's still possible that there could be bugs that prevent it from totally functioning properly.
Two days isn't nearly enough timeout. When I get KO'd it takes me at least 3 full days to heal back up, and that's with a decent surgeon. If I've been captured and wind up all by myself it can take almost a full week to get back to full health. I think captured lords should be out of action for at least 5 days, preferably seven days.

Two days isn't nearly enough timeout. When I get KO'd it takes me at least 3 full days to heal back up, and that's with a decent surgeon. If I've been captured and wind up all by myself it can take almost a full week to get back to full health. I think captured lords should be out of action for at least 5 days, preferably seven days.
Exactly 2 days is nothing and it's what I've been saying for some time. It becomes a game of wack a mole at that point and most players lose interest in it quickly because it's ******* tedious.

I suppose that 2 days for respawn will be increased once snowballing issue gets fixed. Currently It is just necessary in the same way that lords being able to scape easily.

On the other hand, take in mind that when lords replacement system gets implemented, we will probably see another lord of the same clan creating a new army (a lord who was resting in a town due to max number of parties per clan count).

So, even when we will not see the same lord for some days, we will probably see his relative leading a new army in some few days and the result will be pretty similar than it is currently, so not much sense in complain about respawning time.

We will probably notice a difference when AI lords will need to have good relationship with notables in order to be able to recruit units from towns.

Last edited:
As Dabos said, the reason for respawn/escape/healing/recruiting rates being the way they are right now is to help ease the snowballing issue. They'll be revised eventually as more of the game's mechanics are implemented. Just hang tight.

Do you sit in a town doing nothing for two days before you begin rebuilding though? After the two days are up, NPCs will leave the settlement and hop around from settlement to settlement recruiting and building back up before they'll resume taking offensive action again, just like a player would. Even if NPCs recruit at a faster rate, the player gets a two day head start after escaping. Recruiting is another work in progress.

As far as being KO'd goes, I just continue playing normally after going down in combat. It only takes roughly a day to get the 21 hitpoints back that are needed to enter battle again, and if I'm wounded going in to a battle I just hang back and don't fight as aggressively. And FYI, unless your game is different than mine, healing rates are fixed, and are not affected by surgery skill, perks (haven't tried them all though), or anything else. It takes slightly more than 4 days to recover 100 hitpoints whether you're stationary, moving, or waiting in a settlement. The NPCs seem to heal at double the rate that players do, because it only takes them approximately 2 days to heal back to full.

@applepie333 By the way, your picture was broken when I originally commented, but now that I can see it, I can tell you that it illustrates a totally different issue than respawn rates. All of those parties are mercenaries except the lone faction leader party. Factions that have been eliminated will retain and sometimes hire new mercenary clans for a long while after they lose their last settlement, and because they have no income or fiefs, the mercenaries just wander around starving. It's a bug. Here's a picture of the same thing happening in one of my games:

Starving-Mercs-4.png

It's been reported, but I don't know when they'll get around to solving it.

Do you sit in a town doing nothing for two days before you begin rebuilding though? After the two days are up, NPCs will leave the settlement and hop around from settlement to settlement recruiting and building back up before they'll resume taking offensive action again, just like a player would. Even if NPCs recruit at a faster rate, the player gets a two day head start after escaping. Recruiting is another work in progress.

As far as being KO'd goes, I just continue playing normally after going down in combat. It only takes roughly a day to get the 21 hitpoints back that are needed to enter battle again, and if I'm wounded going in to a battle I just hang back and don't fight as aggressively. And FYI, unless your game is different than mine, healing rates are fixed, and are not affected by surgery skill, perks (haven't tried them all though), or anything else. It takes slightly more than 4 days to recover 100 hitpoints whether you're stationary, moving, or waiting in a settlement. The NPCs seem to heal at double the rate that players do, because it only takes them approximately 2 days to heal back to full.
Well, I do sit in town for days on end healing myself up to at least 75-80% before I venture out again. If I just got KO'd, I'm not going to risk it again by running around at low health. And if I've been captured, I've already lost a few days being dragged around and not healing at all, and then I have to wait more days to heal up in town. So I don't know what kind of head start I'm getting over the NPCs.

As to the healing rates, are you certain that they're fixed? Are you saying that the healing rate shown in the tooltip is wrong or it just doesn't apply to the player? If that's true then Medicine is completely useless as a skill

Last edited:
Well, I do sit in town for days on end healing myself up to at least 75-80% before I venture out again. If I just got KO'd, I'm not going to risk it again by running around at low health. And if I've been captured, I've already lost a few days being dragged around and not healing at all, and then I have to wait more days to heal up in town. So I don't know what kind of head start I'm getting over the NPCs.
That's fair. To each their own. Generally when I get knocked out I just lay low for a day and don't go picking fights until I get back over 21 HP. Once I get back in fighting shape I just play cautiously and stick closer to my troops in every battle after that until I feel comfortable with the amount of HP I have. As long as I'm on my horse I feel relatively safe. It seems like a reasonable consequence to me for galloping around recklessly and getting knocked out in the first place.

NPCs get dragged around for days on end after being captured too, ya know; even if it feels like they sometimes escape instantly, they are playing with the same escape odds as the player as far as I'm aware, maybe even less if roguery skill counts toward the player's odds.

As to the healing rates, are you certain that they're fixed? Are you saying that the healing rate shown in the tooltip is wrong or it just doesn't apply to the player? If that's true then Medicine is completely useless as a skill
Here's a demonstration. Go try it yourself if you don't believe me, maybe your game works differently than mine. Three cases healing from 2 hp to 99 hp: base rate stationary on the map, level 81 surgeon in party stationary on the map, and waiting in a settlement without a surgeon. Look at the time and date for each example. The player character has level 10 medicine, which is where the +0.02 comes from.
Maybe it worked properly before and broke after they added the new perks, I don't know. I figure 4 days will be what it takes for the base rate to heal you back up to 100 hp, so any surgery skill, perks, etc. will only speed the process up in the future. It's not that big of a deal right now if you ask me.

Last edited:
Is it a bug catching game?
eeew that's a mod I don't want!

Devs think letting them escape easily and get troops back easily slows down snowballing. It doesn't, it just makes annoyance for the player and only the player.
Devs seem very obstinate about just making the AI not wipe each other out, but they've maybe taken baby steps in the right direction with the 20 days peace and tribute peace stuff they've added. MAYBE, I haven't really seen how it plays out in long term. hope they can start removing the AI cheating stuff soon.
IMO the player should be able to hold AI lords indefinitely and AI should ask for peace when a certain % are held or if their power is below a certain amount.
Defeated lord should get absolutely no easy hand outs they should take from garrisons and actual existing recruits and build them up fighting bandits before returning to war efforts.

Defeated lord should get absolutely no easy hand outs they should take from garrisons and actual existing recruits and build them up fighting bandits before returning to war efforts.
That's the key problem here, there's no AI behavior or features for that yet.
Lords just zerg rush as soon as they hit a number threshold.
So whoever's assigned to balancing/tweaking has only 2 options: make them zerg rush with recruits, or make them zerg rush with spawned units.
People complained about #1 so they switched to #2.

We need active training.

Back
Top Bottom