I don't get all the hate

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I have seen so many posts across many platforms of people who complain about the game. It is early access and if it were a regular game it might be late alpha to closed beta around there and to have a game that is playable I could say winnable at this point is pretty damn impressive. they also said it would be about a year before they thought it could be finished so people were well aware when they bought it.
I have been apart of many beta games, from POE to way back with Everquest and Ultima Online and I would have to say Taleworld and the gang have done the best job at communication and working quick to fix "major" issues so people can play. So much to say I am impressed or even surprised to see a company with that level if involvement.
So in those points I am really happy with the product and the direction I am heading.

now get on my soapbox, the only problem I could say I have is I think they do not do a good at prioritizing what should be done. We all know what major patches do, bring huge crashes and many bugs and with the amount of "known issues" happening right now, and look at the list as it is super long, why those shouldn't be worked on first. All these major patches, the one coming up will ring a ton more. Spend a week or two and hammer out some issues first and help dwindle that super long list before introducing a patch that will cause that list to grow big time. My example is the trade exp not being remembered when you save and quit, that patch caused the red, yellow and green dot with the lvl 25 trade perk to go away and that was how many weeks ago and still sin't done, which is a really important perk to a trader.I am not a programmer, designer or engineer <Nor do I play one on TV> but it just seems fix what is broken before bringing out stuff that will cause more things to break. Just my 2 cents

but besides that I will say Taleworlds and gang, you have done an amazing job, I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to a finished product in the future. Keep up the good work.
P.S. Get rid of that dumb hard red cap that companions have on their skills, pretty annoying for a healer to have a 61 medicine hard cap when they join you

What you said on your second paragraph and your ps note will get you stoned by white knights and fan boys. Then they will say that its early access "insert insult here."

Ever since people started to confront and stand up to white knights and fan boys, the tensions have toned down.

Ever since people started to confront and stand up to white knights and fan boys, the tensions have toned down.
Terms like white knights, fan boys, haters, trolls don't help a discussion what they do is end a discussion. They put people in an "us" vs "them" mindset. People need to realize that almost everyone on these forums want Bannerlord to be successful it's just everyone has different priorities and how that should be accomplished.

What you said on your second paragraph and your ps note will get you stoned by white knights and fan boys. Then they will say that its early access "insert insult here."

And his first paragraph will get all the whiners out who are entitled to everything working right nao! Scare.

Or you know, we could be functional adults and just exchange thoughts on the game without trying to fan the flames by labeling people unilaterally. Trying to divide the forum in two by assigning everyone to either one of two extreme positions does not seem to work very well for what concerns having a constructive conversation. If anything things have toned down because people have stopped to try and do that, for the most part.

@Flesson19, your post seems like a pretty reasonable point of view to me. I was never a fan of color codes for trading myself but I can see why some people would like that. Hopefully TW will get their uhm bearings together (put them in a bag and keep them all together).

Terms like white knights, fan boys, haters, trolls don't help a discussion what they do is end a discussion. They put people in an "us" vs "them" mindset. People need to realize that almost everyone on these forums want Bannerlord to be successful it's just everyone has different priorities and how that should be accomplished.

While I get the "FanBoys" and "Hater" terms, I still don't know what's about the "White Knights"?! Where does it come from? What does it refer to?

While I get the "FanBoys" and "Hater" terms, I still don't know what's about the "White Knights"?! Where does it come from? What does it refer to?

It is used on the internet as a mild derogatory to design people who will try to defend an entity they hold dear even when said entity doesn't really deserve it.

I akways thought white knighting was more like a guy coming to the defense of a girl on the internet, in hope of gaining her favor. I can't keep up with the evolution of internet lingo.

It was obvious bait, though.

when you belittle other people's opinion with terms like fanboys and whiteknights because its opposite of yours there is no discussion there and openly discourages it, everyone has their own opinion based on their experience, belittling those opinions because you are not agree with it absurd, more absurd thinking you are that one special snowflake everyone forms their opinion just to just to f... with you

and I agree fixes coming up reasonably fast imo; so far we had a patch every week including hotfixes throughout that week,considering almost all of them working from their home right now I say great job! when they start using their studio again most likely will be better

Majority of the fanboys here are trying to reason with unreasonable customers. Which is an illogical act by itself.

I don't think anybody is getting paid to defend TW here. But some group of people are acting like 6 year old kids who want their candy right now. But minority of them are actually aware of development life cycles.

To be honest I think some of these people are trolling just to stir things up, and this is another issue that gets on the nerve of fanboys here.

When you act as if these kids don't exist, they magically get bored and disappear. So keep calm let the TW keep this momentum.

They released 4 major patches in 2 months and they don't show any signs of backwards movement.

Last edited:
Yeah I wrote this originally just being frustrated hearing so many people complain and hope by little soap box rant at the end doesn't make me one of them, as I said I love what Taleworld has done just think their could do some things differently
And this could look sad to some but to show how much I love playing the game, according to Steam I have played it for...656 hours..
Keep up the good for Taleworld and gang. I love my purchase

Yeah I wrote this originally just being frustrated hearing so many people complain and hope by little soap box rant at the end doesn't make me one of them, as I said I love what Taleworld has done just think their could do some things differently
And this could look sad to some but to show how much I love playing the game, according to Steam I have played it for...656 hours..
Keep up the good for Taleworld and gang. I love my purchase

I love the game, but its impossible to ignore whats missing and broken. The key is having realistic expectations and not demanding a completed game overnight. I'm excited about the possibilities of what I'm seeing.

Back
Top Bottom