Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

PPl, who thinks modders knows how do the job best then the devolopers are just whining babies, seriously.. TW is doing their job, the game is not finished and will keep developing. So, what if mods break? Who cares? THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED, many things will keep changing.

So, stop your whining about mods and play and write codes at your own risk. The game needs to be delivered by next year, and this ****ing Crisis in the entired world has just made their job a lot harder. Anyone who has a real JOB knows what i'm talking about.. Not children who sit on their ass everyday, playing games and doing mods

This is why relying on mods to fix design and balance issues is not a solution right now.

The game will change. Mods will break. Demanding otherwise indicates a complete ignorance of how game implementation (and programming in general) works in reality.

I'd rather Taleworlds put more effort into ensuring their hot fixes don't break existing base game instead of worrying about mod compatibility in any way, shape, or form till the game is in "release candidate" state.

PPl, who thinks modders knows how do the job best then the devolopers are just whining babies, seriously.. TW is doing their job, the game is not finished and will keep developing. So, what if mods break? Who cares? THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED, many things will keep changing.

So, stop your whining about mods and play and write codes at your own risk. The game needs to be delivered by next year, and this ****ing Crisis in the entired world has just made their job a lot harder. Anyone who has a real JOB knows what i'm talking about.. Not children who sit on their ass everyday, playing games and doing mods

I wonder if you were able to read XL size green words but I never say they should stop developing, I said they should HAVE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR MODDERS AND DO NOT UPDATE THEIR GAME FOR EVERY 3 LINES OF CODE.
I'm a professional developer BTW, I don't pnly sit on my ass playing games and mod

This is why relying on mods to fix design and balance issues is not a solution right now.

The game will change. Mods will break. Demanding otherwise indicates a complete ignorance of how game implementation (and programming in general) works in reality.

I'd rather Taleworlds put more effort into ensuring their hot fixes don't break existing base game instead of worrying about mod compatibility in any way, shape, or form till the game is in "release candidate" state.

I don't mind if v1.5 will break v1.4 mod. But a hotfix that does basically nothing and break all the mods? No

That´s the problem, we all want new updates. But the hotfix wasn´t necessary. I mean the game is like unplayable in the latest beta because of it...
That's what beta is about. I understand you would prefer if they made the beta unplayable with an even bigger update, but that doesn't make any sense.

IMO, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to make mods not function on the beta branch at all. It's not there for playing comfortably, it's there for testing.

IMO, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to make mods not function on the beta branch at all. It's not there for playing comfortably, it's there for testing.
THIS!
Definetly agree, don't see a point in beta testing at all if 99% of the players would run mods there, modifying recruiting, AI, economy, troops, etc.., thus ruining results they might get from it.

Because the game is literally unplayble with at least 3+ mods. (1.4.1)

Also we don´t need to really test a lof of stuff because there is not a lot of new stuff, and the stuff that is new is broken like most of the time.

This thread took a turn towards civility in the last page, so let's keep it that way.

It goes without saying that the beta branch is unstable and will likely have many more problems than the main branch, but regardless it is stated openly & clearly that this is the case. It is also clearly stated that updates on the beta branch will occur more frequently than on the main branch, and thus the risk of becoming incompatible with any number of mods is significantly increased. It is unreasonable to expect TaleWorlds to slow down their iterative patching on the beta branch when that is the primary reason for its existence. It is opt-in, and opting in means you agree to deal with that aspect of ongoing development.

You shouldn't expect mods to stay working in EA people, TW should give zero shiz if mods break or not in EA as well, instead they should just be focused on progress, not the modding community (not yet).. you just shouldn't expect, if you need mods to play.. wait for it to go out of EA.

THIS!
Definetly agree, don't see a point in beta testing at all if 99% of the players would run mods there, modifying recruiting, AI, economy, troops, etc.., thus ruining results they might get from it.

Because they always push best stuff on latest branches. Like with 1.3 and siege ladder upgrade! 1.4.1 has good stuff that I enjoy! Well, enjoyed.

As usual the discussion is drifting to side topics thanks to bad reading or bad intentions, so to recapitulate.

You want people testing the game be aware many of them play with mods, not for caprice but for playability.

You want good mods be aware modders have to update and tweak their mods everytime the game version changes. They are working hard bringing much needed features. They have to adapt the mod to the main branch version because it will be obsolete otherwise.

You want to play unmodded game, fine, good for you

You want to make fun of people who don't like the vanilla game, be aware many don't know how to keep their game updated and their mods working

Mods are not superior, mods are a good indication of what mechanics the people who played the game found lacking. Some of them go to the point of improving mechanics or adding new features. Like someone already said, once you play with mods you don't want vanilla anymore.

Read the OP again

Wait wait, so you're all playing on a beta branch which gets updated for anything like every week WITH mods and expect it not to break? I'm sorry guys but this is definitely your own fault
It's like insulting a guy for painting his house's wall just because there was a graffiti you liked in it.
It's not only TW job to add two lines of code, it's also their property lmao

Back
Top Bottom