Can we get a hotfix for the broken high-level 1h and 2h perks please?

Users who are viewing this thread

I assume this will be fixed next update.

How it wasn't picked up in initial testing, I have no idea. You can tell it's off as soon as you unlock it.

Are you telling me that it will only register a hit if the model physically intersects with the hitbox during a rendered frame? Does this mean that things would be harder to hit at lower framerates? Does it not check for collision throughout the path of the swing? This would explain a lot about why you often miss for no apparent reason, especially on hoseback where you are moving faster.

If true it's a much bigger problem than the perk guy's consistent failure to do basic testing.

This is at level 1023 one-handed though, so it's not a representation of the game. The final 1h perk does need some tweaking/debugging, but it's really not that critical right now compared to other things. I'm sure they'll get to it soon enough.

Last edited:
Nah it's okay TW, I'll never do a turny let alone let an enemy lord come close enough to swing without and arrow through the face!
I assume this will be fixed next update.

How it wasn't picked up in initial testing, I have no idea. You can tell it's off as soon as you unlock it.
Why in the world would you think that? There's literally pages/weeks of unfixed bugs and crashes being reported.

Nah it's okay TW, I'll never do a turny let alone let an enemy lord come close enough to swing without and arrow through the face!

Why in the world would you think that? There's literally pages/weeks of unfixed bugs and crashes being reported.
It seems like an easy fix to a novice like myself and one that can't be left as is for long.

I know I'm currently not playing because of it.

Are you telling me that it will only register a hit if the model physically intersects with the hitbox during a rendered frame? Does this mean that things would be harder to hit at lower framerates? Does it not check for collision throughout the path of the swing? This would explain a lot about why you often miss for no apparent reason, especially on hoseback where you are moving faster.

If true it's a much bigger problem than the perk guy's consistent failure to do basic testing.

There was an issue noted that cavalry were more or less effective depending upon your framerate or if you were running in accelerated time. I can't find the thread

This is exactly why I unninstalled. We're their QA team.

What did you think buying into an EA title would entail?

Yeah. To be honest, the current situation is not very good.
I think they're working hard and I hope they are, but I'm becoming slightly disappointed...
Anyway, I hope they do a good work. Shoddy work creates new bugs, wasted work and user disappointment.

I tried playing at max graphics on my potato, and I can confirm that you can swing 'through' enemies when your framerate is in the single digits

It seems we have only begun to scratch the surface as to just how broken this game is. How many other game breaking bugs are lurking? Does taleworlds even consider it a bug? This explains why couched lances sometimes just phase right through the enemy. You have to get lucky and have a frame drawn while the lance tip is actually overlapping the enemy model.

Doesn't seem to be affecting arrows though? I've never had an arrow pass through an enemy.

Its been over 2 weeks since the last patch, except for the hotfix which did more worse than good. And their communication is slim to none... before Bannerlord released into EA i had a higher oppinion of Taleworlds.

Back
Top Bottom