Incredibly large shields!!! Archers should be buffed and cavalry nerfed!

Users who are viewing this thread

There is directional shield blocking in the game, if it was only made smoother one could block the incoming arrow by changing position of the shield. Getting hit by an srrow shouldn't be fatal anyway wearing metal armor. You realistically should only have to worry about your face when it comes to arrows unless you're dressed in cloth or leather.
Body parts remain visible beyond the shield even with the directional shield blocking - all the more so, when it's in any position but down, and even then the feet aren't covered (physically). Meanwhile, if you direct the shield up to protect your face while looking straight forward (at least as a Varyag), it does this...
pXh6LDI.png

Even if the arrow doesn't kill you, it still feels incredibly annoying to get shot past the shield, and you can't always be playing in heavy armour. It's also too much to expect infantry to quickly direct the shield to cover whichever body part the archer will suddenly be aiming towards.

In Warband, it could be really quick shielding an arrow in the heat of battle:

In Bannerlord, this happens:

I guess I could have tried to look at the archer at a 45 degree angle while holding the shield to the left, but ... it's not exactly feeling intuitive.

I guess I could have tried to look at the archer at a 45 degree angle while holding the shield to the left, but ... it's not exactly feeling intuitive.

Well, it should be quicker to change position of the shield, if that was done it would more doable to block incoming arrows. Also, that round shield is too small. It's a dedicated infantry shield, it needs to be bigger.

It is very nice to see that you guys are comparing medieval soldiers to modern day soldiers. It doesn't mean anything however, since material and training are significantly different.

I believe that. You can tell by how many people play Archer. If Archer was OP, everyone would play it, right?

Besides, WoW is a nice game.
I have a dwarf hunter. Want to play together?

Thats a harsh way to say it but DainMorgot got a point here. Archers need everything but a buff. The majority of TDM players already consits of archers, partly dealing a unreal amout of damage. Let alone battles against Khuzait or Empire, they aren't even worth joining anymore.

Last edited:
Thats a harsh way to say it but DainMorgot got a point here. Archers need everything but a buff. The majority of TDM palyers already consits of archers, partly dealing a unreal amout of damage. Let alone battles against Khuzait or Empire, they aren't even worth joining anymore.

You dont want to join because u can't one hit with your Zweihänder anymore? LoL

Back
Top Bottom