Napoleonic Wars Studios: NW2

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the original creators of the mod are atm busy with bankrupting themselves with Battle Cry of Freedom. After that's done you could hire them again for this lol.

At least they are doing something. Initiating new projects is always risky. Especially in the game industry.
Tbh, I would be proud to do such things.

making nw in bannerlord isnt that hard, even programming novices probably could do it, at least a big portion

The class system is pretty similar already and just needs to be altered a bit. (XML) For Textures/Models you can probably reuse some from the mods that already exist, if you get the "ok" from the creators. Maybe even NW ones, the animations for nw probably still work like reloading, cannon loading. Creating the musket is mostly xml editing aswell.

Its harder to fix core flaws of NW and chambers in general since they were the core essence of NW. The SDK is still missing aswell and server files which kinda makes it hard/impossible to create a mp mod.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment, I appreciate your support ! Add me on steam if you wish to participate to the project.

I understand your concerns, they are legitimate. We are not planning on paying people, it is based on volunteering. We can assure you the whole staff, including the developer team are NW players. We are therefore dedicated and motivated for the project. We all, like many in the community, want to play NW on Bannerlord. Therefore, there shouldn't be problems with cohesion.

Sure, this is my steam name: El Capi - twitch.tv/luisadriel96

Without revealing too much at such an early point in the project, I am proud to announce that we have an influx of developers, coders, and sound/texture artists joining our team. In addition, we are hosting a giveaway via the steam group. Best of luck, and thank you for tuning in!

2F5416382CEDA07075DEA0F57D79C729CD816DDE

You are correct. NW2 will be brought to you by Napoleonic Wars Studios. Whether or not developers that worked on the previous Warband project will be included in our team is unknown as of now, but we have a strong team that is working very hard to bring this vision to life. Thank you for your feedback @Densetsu

You are correct. NW2 will be brought to you by Napoleonic Wars Studios. Whether or not developers that worked on the previous Warband project will be included in our team is unknown as of now, but we have a strong team that is working very hard to bring this vision to life. Thank you for your feedback @Densetsu

I am sure that FSE can actually create the Napoleonic Wars module for BL without your community though. You better communicate this with them if you want to be a part of this.

Excuse the harsh sound, that's me being German here. Nothing against NW for Bannerlord, but I would like to seriously question your methods. After all, you seem to be approaching your "modstudio" the wrong way round.

NW2 will be brought to you by Napoleonic Wars Studios.
Excuse me? Some people who apparently have never created a mod themselves inviting people into a steamgroup, taking claim on the concept of Napoleonic Wars itself? Creating NW must be all about dialogue, as you say yourself, not some fancy claim of "Napoleonic Wars Studios". I understand your work for Whigs&Tories and WoR, but personally, I do not see how you could support your claims atm.

I recognize some of your staff, good thing to have them interested in a NW for Bannerlord. But your steamgroup claims
"Our members are the true representation of the playerbase in-game. These are the connaisseurs and hardened players of Napoleonic Wars."
Goddamn, that is so wrong. How can you even have the audacity to make that claim?

Btw, are you even allowed to use FSE's artwork for your project without approval? I would be fine if this was just a steamgroup, but "Napoleonic Wars Studios" using others' artwork?

DeLaBedoyere: joined Jan 17th, 2020
Drama: joined May 16th, 2020

Last edited:
I could monitor this thread on a daily basis and be swayed by popular opinion or convinced of wrong-doing for petty things but nothing is changing the fact that this project is happening, has been happening, and will continue to take place until we are finished developing our product. Taking shots at what we are working exceptionally laborious to bring to the general public that want to see Napoleonic Wars for Bannerlord is not productive. I implore you to navigate to the FSE forums and prompt their team to create NW, that is if they do not already have plans, as multiple sources are conflicting. I will leave you with this: NWS is confident in the production of our mod, look forward to releasing it at a future date, and will work consistently on improving. Our project has a team of developers that have worked on a range of successful mods on NW. Throughout the next year we will be modifying and improving all aspects of the mod. Thank you for your voiced concerns, and I look forward to productive posts. Keep us thinking!

Thread updated
We have removed and abandonned our third objective, which was the creation of the DLC. Clear answers to our questions, and reflexion made us realize a DLC would most likely be a bad idea for what we are trying to make. We will therefore focus entirely on the creation of the mod. About that, our developer team is slowly getting composed. We already integrated people, but the team will be shown when it gets actually finalized.

Back
Top Bottom