Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

Users who are viewing this thread

73b441-1590690706.png

can you inform about the update?
Yes. We do regular internal testing and if we come across a significant issue, we will seek to fix it before pushing out an update. At the moment, we have come across a number of such bugs. We also would like to make some additional changes to the current beta branch before pushing it to live (f.e. to address the matter of war frequency) - no promises there quite yet though. Because of this, I don't expect the next beta/live transition before next week.

Yes. We do regular internal testing and if we come across a significant issue, we will seek to fix it before pushing out an update. At the moment, we have come across a number of such bugs. We also would like to make some additional changes to the current beta branch before pushing it to live (f.e. to address the matter of war frequency) - no promises there quite yet though. Because of this, I don't expect the next beta/live transition before next week.
Good to hear ty, maybe you can make an internal testing whispers post when patches come late? too fantastic?

I'm so confused, is there a beta patch today or not? I loaded up the game and it didn't look like it downloaded anything? Guess I can go through my broken games and see if anything meaningful was fixed....

Thing i cant work out. I thought Bata is the one that should be having the fixes so it can be put to live. why fix 1.4 when its live and 1.4.1 will over wright it when out. so now 1.4 has had 2 patches in 2 weeks Bata none..

The beta branches are presumably release candidates they're letting the public have early access to
Branch and version are completely separate concepts. Versioning is labelling of source code state for revision control. Branches are part of a mechanism to facilitate simultaneous distinct development efforts on the same source code; i.e. branches themselves do not have versions and versions do not imply branches. Code labelled with any version is static, does not change and if does it enters new version; you always have the exact same code for the same version. Conversely, code under any branch is expected to change as it is the very purpose of having a branch.

Last edited:
It is probably is a build number but a global one, it increased from like 224000 to 230000 during EA.
It doesn't matter. Build number is not version, it is build number. I can see why an end-user would confuse concepts like version, build number and branch with each other as they all relate to what you expect from your software. (Note that branches should not even be exposed to end-users.) But from development perspective they are separate things and are not interchangeable.

Ironically there's mods that fix this issue and game is quite playable.

I suggest stop being arrogant and seek community help when needed.

Branch and version are completely separate concepts. Versioning is labelling of source code state for revision control. Branches are part of a mechanism to facilitate simultaneous distinct development efforts on the same source code; i.e. branches themselves do not have versions and versions do not imply branches. Code labelled with any version is static, does not change and if does it enters new version; you always have the exact same code for the same version. Conversely, code under any branch is expected to change as it is the very purpose of having a branch.
That doesn't seem to be how everyone does things

Ironically there's mods that fix this issue and game is quite playable.

I suggest stop being arrogant and seek community help when needed.
Yeah, such arrogance finding and fixing bugs...

They also have had measures which controlled war frequency, which were removed to get player feedback on what higher war frequency was like. Again, how dare they have the arrogance to get player feedback!

There is no practical way to seek community help to fix bugs in a sustainable way. This has been explained by software developers, industry professionals and even modders on this forum before. In the shortest summary, the reason mods break when there is a version update is because they aren't built in a way that integrates well to ongoing change. There is overhead in building software that is, and that's why it takes longer to do it via the standard development process.

I can see why people would be annoyed that the game has stagnated for a couple of weeks, when bandaids or mods could relieve pain points and make the game a lot fun. I agree that it would have been better overall to get some bandaids out faster. But arrogance is not the issue here.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. I would have loved getting some 1.4.1 without permawar playing done this weekend but now I can let go of that notion. Maybe catch some rays, eat some cheese, drink some wine instead, y'know? Apparently it's summer all of a sudden round here.

Hey guys, we just released a hotfix for the beta branch. It includes the fixes we sent to live yesterday:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after colliding with an entity while falling with a camel.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when an agent was blocking and the weapon state for that agent was not fully synced.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when showing the battle results of simulated battles.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when war was declared between a quest giver's and the player's kingdoms while the Company of Trouble quest is active.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when talking to army members after a successful siege.
As well as the following:
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while passing time on the campaign map.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened when a specific caravan spawned for notables.
  • Fixed a bug that caused NPC parties to raid Tevea village very frequently.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when Gang Leader Needs Weapons and Rival Gang Moving In quests were active at the same time.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when ticking daily game events.
Regarding our transition from internal to beta and beta to live, we decided against that this week. This Tuesday and next week's Monday and Tuesday are national holidays in Turkey. We didn't want to take an unnecessary risk by releasing a larger patch when there would be fewer developers to address potential problems. Of course, this just means that the content will be bundled into another update and not a halt of production.
This is last weeks patch that we got. First whats the point in helping you guys out with Bata if you have the patch first to the live 1.4. Second
  • Fixed a bug that caused NPC parties to raid Tevea village very frequently.
  • This is still happening i have the town that has Tevea and i am always having to go there as its being attacked. I have seen 1000 Armies going there in my game as they have no food they traval half the map to go there . .
  • Now if you say you have fixed this can you make sure before putting it out that its Fixed..Its not...Its funny that all we see is rear crashes that are being fixed and not the ones that are more common ..

Yeah, such arrogance finding and fixing bugs...

They also have had measures which controlled war frequency, which were removed to get player feedback on what higher war frequency was like. Again, how dare they have the arrogance to get player feedback!

There is no practical way to seek community help to fix bugs in a sustainable way. This has been explained by software developers, industry professionals and even modders on this forum before. In the shortest summary, the reason mods break when there is a version update is because they aren't built in a way that integrates well to ongoing change. There is overhead in building software that is, and that's why it takes longer to do it via the standard development process.

I can see why people would be annoyed that the game has stagnated for a couple of weeks, when bandaids or mods could relieve pain points and make the game a lot fun. I agree that it would have been better overall to get some bandaids out faster. But arrogance is not the issue here.
I mean, mods are a good direction to set development priorities. If there's a mod that's downloaded 100k times, pretty sure thats smth important for the players etc. Even if it has a s*it code, it gives the direction where to go.

And arrogance is there, you can't deny it. They hardly communicate with the players that paid 40+ eur for a chance to become a tester for a game thats in a pre-EA state. Daily status updates (or even an update in several days) from a community manager would be a minimum, but all we get is "we are working, shut up".. in two weeks. Pathetic.

I mean, mods are a good direction to set development priorities. If there's a mod that's downloaded 100k times, pretty sure thats smth important for the players etc. Even if it has a s*it code, it gives the direction where to go.

And arrogance is there, you can't deny it. They hardly communicate with the players that paid 40+ eur for a chance to become a tester for a game thats in a pre-EA state. Daily status updates (or even an update in several days) from a community manager would be a minimum, but all we get is "we are working, shut up".. in two weeks. Pathetic.
You are quite right about the wisdom of paying attention to popular mods.

There's no question Taleworlds' communication process leaves a lot to be desired and I can understand why you view it as a symptom of arrogance. For me, arrogance doesn't appear to be a suitable characterisation of the causes. And in any case, accusing someone of arrogance is rarely productive, whether it is true or not.

Skimpy Armor mod confirmed. Sorry but that would be an awful approach. Anyway, it looks like Taleworlds is aware of the issues even without mods...

You are the one being arrogant. No updates for 2 weeks is perfectly fine, especially if you consider that we have weekends and holidays. People are just spoiled because TW worked day and night after release.

PS
And yes, you are right that more communication would be nice. Some developers are already quite active on the forum. But they don't get paid to browse the forums, so they are probably not doing it during work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom