Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Quanta

Sergeant at Arms
This thread is for keeping track of typos and dialog errors in the game. I will edit this post as new typos are reported so the mods/devs have only one place to look in order to find and fix them.

Please be as specific as you can regarding where the typos are, what they are, and what you think they should be. Make it easy on the developers!

---------------------------------------
Not fixed yet:

When trying to convince a Southern Empire lord to leave Rhagaea (also other dialogs that mention her), the lord says "Rhagaea is a friend of mine, I cannot imagine betraying him" Should be "her"

World map messages: "northern Empire", "western Empire", "southern Empire" Should be capitalised

Somebody has been relased after battle on the world map messages. Should be "released"

Tier 2 Mountain Bandits are named "Hillmen", but troop names are usually in singular so should be "Hillman"

There's an armor named "battanian_savage_armor"

In the tutorial, the player character's brother says "Perhaps we can spare some time and brush off our skills." Should be "brush up on our skills" The next sentence is "The practice could come up useful when we catch up with the raiders." This is not technically wrong, it's just awkward English. I suggest "could come in handy" instead.

Talking to a Battanian NPC in the tavern, in the introduction speech he says, "My family was not one of the greatest clans of the Battanians, but nor are we among the poorest." Should be "but neither are we..." Or, "My family was neither one of... nor are we..."

Meeting a new Lord will have the option "My name is *enter your name here* sir. May I ask your name?" even if the Lord is female. Same seems to happen when meeting new Companions: "My name is *Enter you name here*, sir. Tell me about yourself.

Shop worker when buying a smithy.
'.... with some hardwood smithies also procude tools. Are you sure you want to open a smithy?'
'Produce' and I think there should be a comma ',' in-between hardwood and smithies

When hiring mercenaries in a tavern:
"Do you have a need for fighters, sir? Me and 4 of my mates looking for a master. You might call us mercenaries, like. We'll join you for 2000."
This could be intentional, but I'm thinking there should be an "are" in between "mates" and "looking".

Description of a village: "...being reclaimed by weeds, for lack of hands to sew it." Should be "sow".

Wrongly put space
When I got a quest to deliver a herd to Baltakhand, the text reads:
... They've put together a herd of 42 cow i nBaltakhand, ..
Should read:
... They've put together a herd of 42 cow in Baltakhand, ..

Some randomly generated characters have the same name as a previously generated character. Perhaps implement a check so that names aren't used again until after all names have been used. More details: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...pos-here-as-you-find-them.424662/post-9484156

Godun says "so Olek broke the banner staff over his knee and threw it in his prince's FAITH". I assume it was meant to say face.

In the case that raiding a village will trigger a war with a neighboring faction, the dialogue says "Raiding this village will cause a war with ."

In the birth announcement banner for the player character's children, there is a misplaced space. It reads, "[name] has given birth t o[name]", with a space between the t and o, and no space between the o and the baby's name. Screenshot here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...pos-here-as-you-find-them.424662/post-9495121

In the town management window, aquaduct should be spelled aqueduct.

Troop names not displaying correctly in popup tooltips on the world map. Screenshot: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...pos-here-as-you-find-them.424662/post-9496436

On the character creation screen where you choose your character's culture, the description of the Vlandians says they are "...led by a cast of warlike nobles..." Should be "caste".

The past tense of strap is strapped, not straped. In the Riding skill tree, Well Straped should be Well Strapped.
Main version e1.5.0.

---------------------------------------
Fixed:

There's an armor named "veteran_mercenary_armor"

Looter dialog: "So that's how it is, is it? Right then - I'll make one of bleed before I go down." Probably should be "make one of you bleed".

Also in the tutorial, in the dialog where the brother suggests picking a family name and banner, he refers to the player character as "brother" even if you're playing as a female.

When you try to recruit a new NPC companion and you are already at your limit, there is a typo in the player character's only dialog option on the screen where you'd normally either give them the money or change your mind. "Thinking again, I already have more companions then I can manage". Should be "than"

Last edited:
Somebody has been relased after battle on the world map messages

Not having the 'n' in Northern, 'w' in Western and 's' Southern Empire capitalised when the messages come up on the world map messages really bugs me

1) Tier 2 Mountain Bandits are named "Hillmen", but troop names are usually in singular so should be "Hillman"

2) There's an armor named "veteran_mercenary_armor".

3) There's an armor named "battanian_savage_armor".

Rhagaea is generally referred to as a male in dialogue. "He" vs. "she" etc.

I'll make an accurate note of the specific dialogues while playing and come back to edit this (if anyone knows the specifics feel free to list them).

Rhagaea is generally referred to as a male in dialogue. "He" vs. "she" etc.

I'll make an accurate note of the specific dialogues while playing and come back to edit this (if anyone knows the specifics feel free to list them).

I have updated that entry to reflect the fact that this also occurs in other dialog that mentions her. Thanks.

Looter dialog: "So that's how it is, is it? Right then - I'll make one of bleed before I go down."

Probably should be "make one of you bleed".

Looter dialog: "So that's how it is, is it? Right then - I'll make one of bleed before I go down."

Probably should be "make one of you bleed".

Added. Thanks.

By the way, I've been called back to work, so it might take me a little while to update this from now on. Don't worry, I am not abandoning it.

In Encyclopedia, entry for a noble who was captured and then released when a countryman beat the captor: "Yana of the Khusaits has been relased after battle."

Should be "released". I expect this typo will apply to all nobles in such situations.

In Encyclopedia, entry for a noble who was captured and then released when a countryman beat the captor: "Yana of the Khusaits has been relased after battle."

Should be "released". I expect this typo will apply to all nobles in such situations.

I think those are copied from the world map messages, so when they fix those it should also be fixed in the encyclopedia entries.
Thanks for your report.

Meeting a new Lord will have the option "My name is *enter your name here* sir. May I ask your name?" even if the Lord is female.

Same seems to happen when meeting new Companions: "My name is *Enter you name here*, sir. Tell me about yourself.

'.... with some hardwood smithies also procude tools. Are you sure you want to open a smithy?'

'Produce' and I think there should be a comma ',' in-between hardwood and smithies

"Do you have a need for fighters, sir? Me and 4 of my mates looking for a master. You might call us mercenaries, like. We'll join you for 2000."
This could be intentional, but I'm thinking there should be an "are" in between "mates" and "looking".

Meeting a new Lord will have the option "My name is *enter your name here* sir. May I ask your name?" even if the Lord is female.

Same seems to happen when meeting new Companions: "My name is *Enter you name here*, sir. Tell me about yourself.

Updated. Thank you all for your reports.

Back
Top Bottom