A MP turnaround

Users who are viewing this thread

Over the course of the past month, MP has died pretty rapidly. Now, there are only 10 or 20 people queuing compared to hundreds of people at launch. I think it is time for TaleWorlds to change course rather aha stick to their original course. IMO, TaleWorlds have always been incredibly slow at changing things, preferring to nail down details before releasing things. Their focus also seems to be mostly at SP. This just doesn't work for the great MP community, and frankly, the player count reflects that. The number of maps for each mode is small, and something of the maps (ie. village) has huge amount of glitches and perform terribly (ie. being too dark). There are only 3 modes, with siege being pretty much unplayable due to the lower player count.

My suggestions are as follows:
Release dedicated server files immediately with only the game modes and the tools available at the moment. We have an excellent community of modders that are able to work both for pay and for free, why not utilise that? TW can focus on SP. Most of the great mods and DLCs (NW, PW, GK siege) have all been player created. Modders are far more efficient compared to TW devs atm. Why not let the community that have been long time fans of MB decide what is the best gameplay and let players vote through their time? We don't need all the shiny map making and modding tools, just give us the bare basics. Allow server owners to design their own game modes, balance their own servers, and over time, the best servers will be the ones still active. With competition and time, I'm pretty sure that we can come to a fairly good implementation of various game modes.

I understand where Taleworlds was coming from with their release of skirmish and queueing. They were grand plans but they failed. Please please switch course rather than walk this path to the end.

We already have an OK framework for MP. I would prefer if Taleworlds stopped developing and let the community decide what is best. We really don't need the next hot Medieval CSGO like perfect gameplay with hundreds of thousands of players.. we just want a bit more variety and ability to have a say in what happens to MP.

Last edited:
Over the course of the past month, MP has died pretty rapidly. Now, there are only 10 or 20 people queuing compared to hundreds of people at launch. I think it is time for TaleWorlds to change course rather aha stick to their original course. IMO, TaleWorlds have always been incredibly slow at changing things, preferring to nail down details before releasing things. Their focus also seems to be mostly at SP. This just doesn't work for the great MP community, and frankly, the player count reflects that. The number of maps for each mode is small, and something of the maps (ie. village) has huge amount of glitches and perform terribly (ie. being too dark). There are only 3 modes, with siege being pretty much unplayable due to the lower player count.

My suggestions are as follows:
Release dedicated server files immediately with only the game modes and the tools available at the moment. We have an excellent community of modders that are able to work both for pay and for free, why not utilise that? TW can focus on SP. Most of the great mods and DLCs (NW, PW, GK siege) have all been player created. Modders are far more efficient compared to TW devs atm. Why not let the community that have been long time fans of MB decide what is the best gameplay and let players vote through their time? We don't need all the shiny map making and modding tools, just give us the bare basics. Allow server owners to design their own game modes, balance their own servers, and over time, the best servers will be the ones still active. With competition and time, I'm pretty sure that we can come to a fairly good implementation of various game modes.

I understand where Taleworlds was coming from with their release of skirmish and queueing. They were grand plans but they failed. Please please switch course rather than walk this path to the end.

We already have an OK framework for MP. I would prefer if Taleworlds stopped developing and let the community decide what is best. We really don't need the next hot Medieval CSGO like perfect gameplay with hundreds of thousands of players.. we just want a bit more variety and ability to have a say in what happens to MP.
because they dont have them

Just let the game die and come back if dedicated servers become a thing, taleworlds don't know what they are doing and they obviously don't care about feedback, i wasted many hours hoping taleworlds was actually a decent developer considering warband was so good with minimal employees but yeah... not going to happen

Both single player and multiplayer experienced massive declines in playerbase.

d9ef1eed221f95c06fda4ac942134bb2.png

I completely understand why Single Player required early access, given its a sandbox with endless possibilities that needs to be patched.
But WHY was Multiplayer so neglected? They had an alpha phase that lasted quite some time, and a beta phase that lasted even longer. That was plenty of time to work out kinks, flaws, find out what player preferences are, etc. Instead we're seeing some of the same issues people were experiencing in Alpha carry over to early access, and practically no new additions aside from Siege (which barely even runs due to the lack of players). Even with Maps, you'd think that would be some fairly simple easy content to push out? No, even that is some insanely long process apparently. Taleworlds is just very very slow, and I think ultimately Bannerlord wont realize its full potential for years as opposed to the one year release schedule they've set.
its the usual decline for any game, the sad part is the twitch curve. Its one of the least viewed games of all times twitch basicly got neglected in warband times aswell. Its the wrong time to advertise it now but for realease.

Back
Top Bottom