MP Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Im interested in 100 vs 100(or 200 vs 200) or more in bannerlord. This because in warband is 200 players the max if not remember bad also need a more player for make a upgrade from warband.

Also im interested in different armour skin in the classes but just for make difference. Maybe with dlc :smile:
for rp purposes (clans, linebattles) this feature is absolute necessary. Im pretty sure they planned that maybe already though
not a huge fan of 100vs100,

for rp purposes (clans, linebattles) this feature is absolute necessary. Im pretty sure they planned that maybe already though
not a huge fan of 100vs100,

Can immage but im not a champion on duel or something. I like random battle for get fun :smile:

Could use some polish:

1) Attackers also need more arrow buckets at main camp and barricades

2) Need to be able to pick up rocks or catapult ammo off the ground if they are not broken.Too much ammo wasted misclicking because team-mates rotate catapult out of the sweet spot where it actually loads it vs dropping on the ground and becoming useless forever.
Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/gajiv5/if_you_have_used_this_in_multiplayer_you/

3) Give defenders a simple menu list which flags to spawn on if they are not contested. There are too many instances where the main flag is captured but defenders cannot get to it because they keep spawning outside the walls of their own castle and their own gates cannot be opened from the outside. Too many instances where you are spawned at front line and immediately murdered / under ranged attack.

4) Give attackers a simple menu list which flags to spawn "nearby" to once they capture some, or to spawn at main camp if they want to use the artillery. For example give attackers a choice to spawn at a barricade closer to A once A captured and removed from the map, and same for every other flag until G is left.

5) Rework defender spawns so they are never outside and around the corner from the last flag "G", makes the loss inevitable 90% of the time, once all but G are captured since defenders can never get there because their path is blocked by constant fighting. Instead spawn them not in direct danger before G but add a spawn time penalty to the spawn timer.

6) Ladder drop with pitchfork animation is too slow

7) Ladder pick up and place to wall animation is little bit too slow

:cool: Battering Rams are too weak

9) Main Gates are a little too weak using battering ram

10) Siege Towers are a little too weak

11) Cavalry units need x1.5 to x2.0 higher cost to get on Siege gamemode only

12) Needs an option for switching teams

13) Castle walls (merlon) need fall protection railing

Last edited:
3) Give defenders a simple menu list which flags to spawn on if they are not contested. There are too many instances where the main flag is captured but defenders cannot get to it becauase they keep spawning outside the walls and their own gates cannot be opened from the outside. Too many instances where archers are spawned at front line and immediately murdered / under attack.

4) Give attackers a simple menu list which flags to spawn "nearby" to once they capture some, or to spawn at main camp if they want to use the artillery. For example give attackers a choice to spawn at a barricade closer to A once A captured and removed from the map, and same for every other flag until G is left.

These would be pretty cool.

Also i still say we need some sort of ping/alert/commander system to direct the masses to certain points. Not enough people read/notice the chat

Can Siege be added to the server list instead of joining through matchmaking? I understand matchmaking for the 12 player gamemodes but siege should, like it was in Warband, and like TDM is right now, be in the server list.

People just want to jump in and play some casual game mode, like Siege is without having to wait for a match to be found.
Also, with the client and server crashes still happening, it can be annoying to requeue eveytime a crash happens.

There are even more players in the TDM servers while during the last weeks of Beta, when Siege was in the server list, TDM was way less popular than siege. And I don't think that the popularity has shifted so badly.

Now, ofcourse if you prefer TDM or Siege is up to every individual player but I do think that is a very interesting difference.

I truly believe the number of players playing Siege and MP in general, will increase when Siege is joinable through the server list.

Could use some polish:

1) Attackers also need arrow buckets at main camp and barricades

2) Need to be able to pick up rocks or catapult ammo off the ground if they are not broken.Too much ammo wasted misclicking because team-mates rotate catapult out of the sweet spot where it actually loads it vs dropping on the ground and becoming useless forever.
Example: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/gajiv5/if_you_have_used_this_in_multiplayer_you/

3) Give defenders a simple menu list which flags to spawn on if they are not contested. There are too many instances where the main flag is captured but defenders cannot get to it because they keep spawning outside the walls of their own castle and their own gates cannot be opened from the outside. Too many instances where you are spawned at front line and immediately murdered / under ranged attack.

5) Rework defender spawns so they are never outside and around the corner from the last flag "G", makes the loss inevitable 90% of the time, once all but G are captured since defenders can never get there because their path is blocked by constant fighting. Instead spawn them not in direct danger before G but add a spawn time penalty to the spawn timer.

+1

These would be pretty cool.

Also i still say we need some sort of ping/alert/commander system to direct the masses to certain points. Not enough people read/notice the chat
This I feel like a have to be a damn parrot in game chat yelling people to group up to take inset blank back please give a in game function to do this without spamming chat

Can Siege be added to the server list instead of joining through matchmaking? I understand matchmaking for the 12 player gamemodes but siege should, like it was in Warband, and like TDM is right now, be in the server list.

People just want to jump in and play some casual game mode, like Siege is without having to wait for a match to be found.
Also, with the client and server crashes still happening, it can be annoying to requeue eveytime a crash happens.

There are even more players in the TDM servers while during the last weeks of Beta, when Siege was in the server list, TDM was way less popular than siege. And I don't think that the popularity has shifted so badly.

Now, ofcourse if you prefer TDM or Siege is up to every individual player but I do think that is a very interesting difference.

I truly believe the number of players playing Siege and MP in general, will increase when Siege is joinable through the server list.

Taleworlds this would be a huge quality of life change please do this.

Please for the love of **** make capping G not end the game so fast. I have just had to leave a game where we've had 5 maps in 20 minutes because people just run to G and it's so stupidly fast countdown before the bells ring and the game is over it is RUINING the experience.

Why make it so impossibly fast just seems like you want players to hate the game?

Please fix this as I just saw all the players leave over the space of an hour because of this terribly frustrating and silly game feature.

ps. It also doesn't help with some terrible map design leaving 95% of a team spawned outside the castle gates while one enemy takes the G flag

Making the warmup longer in exchange for keeping people out of queue is a great change, it makes siege games pop more often. However one consequence is the "Baravenos Encirclement" map still crashes extremely often at least on NA servers. It's possible to spend 10+ minutes in warmup just for the game to crash right before the game starts, or shortly after it starts and then the map pops up again the next time. This happened three times in a row yesterday so it was over 30 minutes of warmup+crashing.

May even be worth removing the map from the queue for a bit until it's issues can be sorted because it does seem to crash the most out of all the siege maps.

Warmup can be a bit too long now, I think if the game would start once reaching 50v50 that would shave a good 2-5minutes off the warmup times.

There was a boost to players trying out Siege after this patch however with server crashing still as common as before people seem to have stopped queuing Siege once more. Hopefully any data and telemetry regarding server crashing is being looked at to resolve the issue soon.

I assume a number of people would disagree with this, but I honestly think Cavalry should have no place in sieges (or at least be limited). It honestly doesn't feel like a siege in its current state, when you have half of each team running around in the open with horses. If anything it is more of a TDM with capture points. Half the time I honestly can't tell the difference between the "warm-up phase" and the actual siege.

I realize these videos were from the SP part of the game, but surely I'm not the only one who hoped MP sieges would have a somewhat similar vibe...

^^That's what a siege should look and feel like and it's what I was so hyped for when Taleworlds first started working on the siege gamemode. Instead it is just a mess on so many levels. You can't even properly use siege engines like catapults without having some lancer run over, kill you, simply pick up the catapult's ammo and throw it at it--instantly destroying it--then hop back on their horse and resume spawn killing.

Other players are free to disagree, but I think:
1. Cavalry should either be removed or heavily restricted.
2. Defenders should be limited in where they can go (e.g not being able to easily run over to attacker spawns/siege equipment). I think this is also partly a map design issue, as some of the current maps really encourage rushing out as a defender more than they do actually defending your castle/flag.

On a side note:
>Arrow baskets should possibly be a 1-time use only for each life. Why get an extra arrows perk when you literally have an unlimited supply of arrows sitting right next to you. Why even have an unlimited supply of arrows in the first place?

>Feels pointless saying it at this point, as people have been saying it for close to a year...but WHY do we have to be kicked out at the end of each round? Is bannerlord really incapable of actually changing from one map/round to another? This is an incredibly basic function expected in really every game ever, and yet Taleworlds still haven't managed to come up with a system at least similar to their previous game where you could actually start a new round and have a map rotation without making everyone re-join the server. In all honesty it feels embarrassing that I even need to point this out.

Please Taleworlds give the Multiplayer part of your game some love and fix some of these issues.

Could use some polish:

1) Attackers also need more arrow buckets at main camp and barricades

+1 hopefully a dev reads this.

I assume a number of people would disagree with this, but I honestly think Cavalry should have no place in sieges (or at least be limited). It honestly doesn't feel like a siege in its current state, when you have half of each team running around in the open with horses. If anything it is more of a TDM with capture points. Half the time I honestly can't tell the difference between the "warm-up phase" and the actual siege.

Other players are free to disagree, but I think:
1. Cavalry should either be removed or heavily restricted.
2. Defenders should be limited in where they can go (e.g not being able to easily run over to attacker spawns/siege equipment). I think this is also partly a map design issue, as some of the current maps really encourage rushing out as a defender more than they do actually defending your castle/flag.

On a side note:
>Arrow baskets should possibly be a 1-time use only for each life. Why get an extra arrows perk when you literally have an unlimited supply of arrows sitting right next to you. Why even have an unlimited supply of arrows in the first place?

>Feels pointless saying it at this point, as people have been saying it for close to a year...but WHY do we have to be kicked out at the end of each round? Is bannerlord really incapable of actually changing from one map/round to another? This is an incredibly basic function expected in really every game ever, and yet Taleworlds still haven't managed to come up with a system at least similar to their previous game where you could actually start a new round and have a map rotation without making everyone re-join the server. In all honesty it feels embarrassing that I even need to point this out.

I agree so much to these points. Cavalry is so OP and imo takes all tactics out of defending. Can't make a shield wall because horses never lose speed (either stop or run) so you're going to be knocked over if you somehow miss time your spear thrust at the horse. I hate when i axe a horse in the face as its running full speed past me and that doesn't change anything but 70+ damage to horse.

Back
Top Bottom