Taleworlds, please fix the loot!

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, loot has always been a big part of the fun in Mount and Blade games. Fighting a strong army and getting some sweet drops is fun. Its even more fun when you fight a new faction for the first time and score a bunch of stuff you havent seen before. That's entirely missing now in Bannerlord with these awful loot mechanics and artificial limits. You might as well just replace looted items entirely with a flat cash payment and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

I've been using a mod to improve the loot drops and it makes the game 10X more fun, but it hasn't been updated for weeks so I'm stuck with native loot drop mechanics and I hate it. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more complaints about it, tbh. Am I the only one who likes loot?

I'd like to see a random chance of some rare/elite loot dropping in Bandit Camp instances as well. Not every single run, just occasionally.

There definitely needs to be a higher chance when fighting enemy lords. And not "rusty" or "worn" elite level gear. The actual good stuff.

TW clearly want us to spend our money in shops, not to gear up from loot. I expect more nerfs to battle loot actually.

TW clearly want us to spend our money in shops, not to gear up from loot. I expect more nerfs to battle loot actually.
They don't want us shopping in the stores either. The shops don't sell any of the good stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if the devs even understand what was so fun about warband in the first place because it often seems like they're purposely removing the fun stuff in favor of I don't know what.

I made a thread a while back, that after hundreds of battles across several playthroughs, I never got body armor better than woodland chaimail, which lile decent is basically mid-tier armor, that T4 units wear. Not once have I seen any of the scale/lamellar drop.

I'd like to see a random chance of some rare/elite loot dropping in Bandit Camp instances as well. Not every single run, just occasionally.

There definitely needs to be a higher chance when fighting enemy lords. And not "rusty" or "worn" elite level gear. The actual good stuff.

Hideouts really don't give enough for multiple days of raiding them. It's easier to siege some castles.

Loot is very predictable and the pool of items is too small in almost all areas of the game. They're slowly adding things, I've seen some new ones each patch and they usually have a bad picture. I had a sword with a horse picture, for example. Barding with no pic, and so on.

All battle loot is is shop fodder. There is nothing usable. Well I guess you could use it but who wants to wear tattered armour or a cracked shield.
Somehow loot with bad modifiers can turn into the normal versions, but I don't know how it happens. Don't know if it is a bug or if there is a way to intentionally do it.
They need to nerf battle loot and give a better chance to get the rarer equipment. As it is you accquire loot faster than you can sell it most of the time.

Have you tried this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/927

On topic:
Yes the current state of loot is dismal. It's basically just all junk to sell at the trader.

I hate the current loot as well. I am much less excited after each fight because I know I am not getting any good loot that I can use for upgrades and I just sell them all for gold. They all have bad prefixes no matter how outnumbered you were. However, the funny thing is there is no good tier 6 armor in the shop either until about 1000 days into the game. and by that time, I don't really care anymore since I pretty much finish the game...

I hate the current loot as well. I am much less excited after each fight because I know I am not getting any good loot that I can use for upgrades and I just sell them all for gold. They all have bad prefixes no matter how outnumbered you were. However, the funny thing is there is no good tier 6 armor in the shop either until about 1000 days into the game. and by that time, I don't really care anymore since I pretty much finish the game...

I've had the opposite, lots of T6 stuff on the market, I've had no trouble getting it, other than having to go town to town to painfully search for it. Try putting a tannery, smithy, and wood workshop in the same town (might help if its a stable, prosperous one) for a few years and dump hides (or pigs sheep and cows), iron ore, and hardwood in its market..

Like this run, I'm 688 days in, have t6 head, shoulders, chest, boots, polearm and bow.

A version of this one works in 1.4.1, I'm currently using it.

And agree 100% with what you said in post.

I've had the opposite, lots of T6 stuff on the market, I've had no trouble getting it, other than having to go town to town to painfully search for it. Try putting a tannery, smithy, and wood workshop in the same town (might help if its a stable, prosperous one) for a few years and dump hides (or pigs sheep and cows), iron ore, and hardwood in its market..

Like this run, I'm 688 days in, have t6 head, shoulders, chest, boots, polearm and bow.

My bad. I probably wasn't being super clear. The tier 6s I was referring to are the ones that other lords are using. For examples, there are lots of tier 6 helmets for empire and you can find some of them in the shop earlier in the game with armor value around 35. Later on you might find the one with armor value of 40. But beyond that to have the helmet that other lords are using which has armor value of 40+ (the best one is 50 for helmet), I never encountered one until around 1000 days. Same situation for body armors. You know they exist because they do drop from loot but all have bad affixes (like cracked, rusty etc.) and I was able to loot the normal version in earlier version of the game (my 1st play through when the game just released). I also checked this using the console mod. There are a lot more better tier 6 armors in game but you can't really find them until it's really really late into the game, at least for me thats the case.
I did consider if it is related to the smithy, but I don't think so atm. I checked the towns that actually sell the best tier 6 armors and I found some of them don't even have a smithy. However, once the game reaches a curtain point (around 1000 days for me), all towns started to have those high tier armors.
The situation for weapons seems better. I can find noble bows very in early games but they are expensive.
Again, it's just my personal experience. It might be different from you or other people.

The prefixes ruined any fun of sorting loot, with the already crappy inventory panel. I just look at the top 10 expensive items and then sell the rest. Zero fun from loot.

The stuff available in shops are now tied to your clan level, irc

My bad. I probably wasn't being super clear. The tier 6s I was referring to are the ones that other lords are using. For examples, there are lots of tier 6 helmets for empire and you can find some of them in the shop earlier in the game with armor value around 35. Later on you might find the one with armor value of 40. But beyond that to have the helmet that other lords are using which has armor value of 40+ (the best one is 50 for helmet), I never encountered one until around 1000 days. Same situation for body armors. You know they exist because they do drop from loot but all have bad affixes (like cracked, rusty etc.) and I was able to loot the normal version in earlier version of the game (my 1st play through when the game just released). I also checked this using the console mod. There are a lot more better tier 6 armors in game but you can't really find them until it's really really late into the game, at least for me thats the case.
I did consider if it is related to the smithy, but I don't think so atm. I checked the towns that actually sell the best tier 6 armors and I found some of them don't even have a smithy. However, once the game reaches a curtain point (around 1000 days for me), all towns started to have those high tier armors.
The situation for weapons seems better. I can find noble bows very in early games but they are expensive.
Again, it's just my personal experience. It might be different from you or other people.

I see them in the list. There's a dummy armor max with 55 and some helmet with 58 and some other likely items with 50's. I'll see if I can pick one up and when on this play. If you're taking over the map by 1000 days I'd like you to share that one. Even killing everything I come across I can't see map control by then. I think I can barely get tier 5 by 1k days. Been defeating lords a lot on this play so maybe I should pay more attention to the loot.

The stuff available in shops are now tied to your clan level, irc

This would explain a lot, if true. Thanks.

They need to fix loot and store bought items, the good stuff does not drop or show up in stores even at clan tier 5 and a smithy in the settlement. I have been clan tier 5 for over 300 days and the same crap is still in the shops.

They need to fix loot and store bought items, the good stuff does not drop or show up in stores even at clan tier 5 and a smithy in the settlement. I have been clan tier 5 for over 300 days and the same crap is still in the shops.

This is what I don't understand? Have they fixed this yet, it appears not which is just maddening. I haven't played a game in many weeks and I am hesitant to with this going on.

Back
Top Bottom