Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

So tl:dr How do I go about taking a castle for myself after I have 10+ clans in my kingdom following a successful siege? I haven't showed up on the ballot since I started my kingdom, giving me no way to acquire a new castle/town. Am I missing something? Or what's up with this?

As far as I know the voting includes the three options with the highest support within the kingdom.The support for the fief distribution context is at least in part based on a clan's amount of members and fiefs. Meaning that a clan with lots of members and few or no fiefs is generally more favored. Other factors such as who conquered it and relationships between clans also play into it. Expanding your family and improving relations with clan heads may thus be avenues to tip the scales a bit towards you. Once we have the king's vote working properly again, you should be able to exploit a simple spot on the list to take a castle for yourself even without majority support - though for an increased influence cost. Having said that, as you take more settlements for yourself, taking further ones will become more difficult.

Do take this with a grain of salt as it's not my area of expertise.

is this you saying theres plans to add these perks or they are already there.
A bit of both I guess. There are already some experience related perks (iirc leadership, 1 handed) and more will be added going forward.

There are already some experience related perks (iirc leadership, 1 handed) and more will be added going forward.
Take cover, prepare for incoming rage about the way the leadership XP perks work :smile: (they only apply XP once per day per eligible stack, instead of once per day per soldier in an eligible stack)

Take cover, prepare for incoming rage about the way the leadership XP perks work :smile: (they only apply XP once per day per eligible stack, instead of once per day per soldier in an eligible stack)

This should be fixed. Currently the game gives a clear advantage for having lots of different troops. (Having a recruit from each culture levels them up quicker than having the same amount of recruits from one culture.)

Once per day per soldier is retarded as soldier xp pool is treated as a group and not individually. It means that when a soldier is already eligible for upgrade he keep earning xp for his stack.

If you go with xp per soldier instead of stack it means that soldier xp has to be treated individually and when one of them is eligible he stop earning Xp for his stack. Imagine needing to lvl up one recruit alone in an army of let's say 50. He would die far before that happened.

I guess you could mix both way of doing it but in my opinion it would be overpowered. You could lvl up something like a third of yoir recruit each day with a stack of 20...

And I imagine doing it code-wise would be a real hassle

Per unit is how it used to work in Warband. There is nothing wrong with XP being contributed to a group by people who could be upgraded - that's the way the XP system of the game works. Most of the time you upgrade ASAP to get the benefits having a more powerful soldier brings, but if you want you can choose to wait and have him help his peers advance - handy for situations like completing the quest to train 10 recruits. When a troop upgrades he is still earning his own XP anyway in the majority of cases so its not like additional XP is generated by deferring upgrade (there are exceptions, like when a troop upgrades to max, its XP disappears into thin air for the rest of its existence).

It's not like you can argue that it makes sense for the perk to generate 180xp across 6 recruits each of a different culture, but only generate 30xp for a group of 6 recruits of the same culture. That's what it does right now. By precedent and logic, I classify that behaviour as a bug.

Once per day per soldier is retarded as soldier xp pool is treated as a group and not individually.
Yeah, that's exactly how it should work. That's what people have been asking for.

It means that when a soldier is already eligible for upgrade he keep earning xp for his stack.
*edit* Thinking more about it, you can view this in an immersive way that makes realistic sense. Say you have a class of 20 recruits and 5 of them have excelled to the point that they're eligible for promotion day coming up next week. These top students should help to elevate the rest of their class by showing them tricks and pointers that they've already learned so that the whole class can learn faster. Since they're a bunch of guys from the same culture and probably from neighboring villages, they're more likely to stick together and help each other out. Whereas a single recruit from a different culture is going to be more on his own in the party and has to rely on himself, so his progress won't be as fast as the others.

Last edited:
It's not like you can argue that it makes sense for the perk to generate 180xp across 6 recruits each of a different culture, but only generate 30xp for a group of 6 recruits of the same culture. That's what it does right now. By precedent and logic, I classify that behaviour as a bug.

Exactly this.

I would like to see an option to either take a fief for myself or choose an option that is followed with a list of clan leaders within your own kingdom you can pick from to give them said fief instead of a voting 'ballot' that relies on an RNG roll

Essentially the same as warband...which I think is ok. It wasn't broke so why was it changed? Really not a fan of the current system as it pertains to solo kingdoms. And the fact I don't have the option to always take a fief for myself as THE KING of MY KINGDOM to me is just backwards and nonsensical.

As far as I know the voting includes the three options with the highest support within the kingdom.The support for the fief distribution context is at least in part based on a clan's amount of members and fiefs. Meaning that a clan with lots of members and few or no fiefs is generally more favored. Other factors such as who conquered it and relationships between clans also play into it. Expanding your family and improving relations with clan heads may thus be avenues to tip the scales a bit towards you. Once we have the king's vote working properly again, you should be able to exploit a simple spot on the list to take a castle for yourself even without majority support - though for an increased influence cost. Having said that, as you take more settlements for yourself, taking further ones will become more difficult.

Ok thanks, the idea of the King's vote sounds promising to me to address this. It didn't seem to me that relationship status made any difference as I used money/influence gifts to increase my relation status with every clan and still never showed up on the ballots. And I once took over a castle myself with no other clan's help and STILL wasn't on the ballet to receive it. That's when I started to be like what the hell is going on here?

So yeah I like the idea of the King's vote acting like an overrule option, but with the big influence cost making it more of a decision to make/keep things balanced

Essentially the same as warband...which I think is ok. It wasn't broke so why was it changed? Really not a fan of the current system as it pertains to solo kingdoms. And the fact I don't have the option to always take a fief for myself as THE KING of MY KINGDOM to me is just backwards and nonsensical.
Yessss! +1

A bit of both I guess. There are already some experience related perks (iirc leadership, 1 handed) and more will be added going forward.
thank you for the reply, is there any plans to change the way experience is distributed like warband where it was distributed to all troops or several troops in a stack or is it going to stay as it is now with the one at the front gaining it all and then it moving on to the next. That or is my understanding of the XP system flawed?

Also anyone else annoyed how fast lords/ladies can escape after being put in a dungeon? I don't want to execute them because I don't want to lose all the relation pts associated with doing that. But dang if a bunch of enemy lords didn't escape less than a day after I put them in a dungeon post capture. I was wondering what the point of capturing them even is at that point. Really frustrating.

Any solutions to that? I had heard prisoners have a far lower chance to escape if put in a dungeon of a castle you own with an assigned governor. Which if true, brings me back to my previous raised issue...I want to be able to take any castle for myself at any point post siege. For example, if I'm fighting a lot of battles on my western front, I'd want a castle I own nearby so I can conveniently deposit captured lords there and know there's a smaller chance of them escaping the next day.

Plus the added benefit of additional revenue with more fiefs owned...basically I feel like having the opportunity to always take a captured castle/town would solve a lot of the headaches I'm experiencing. Really hope the King's vote is implemented soon.

Can someone tell me if there's plans to allow you to take a castle for yourself after you've established a kingdom?

So I got to clan tier level 4, successfully took over a castle and thus started an independent kingdom. I then recruited a couple clans to my side, and in the beginning I would always appear on the ballot as a potential castle/town owner post successful siege. But since my kingdom has grown, I haven't seen myself on the ballet...ever following a successful castle take over. So I essentially haven't been able to take a castle for myself in about 50 in game years. This has severely stunted my income stream and it makes it harder to create an adequate castle defense on frontier areas.

I remember in warband, a follower would simply ask who do you want to give the castle to following a castle takeover, and there was the option I want to take it for myself. Bang, easy.

So tl:dr How do I go about taking a castle for myself after I have 10+ clans in my kingdom following a successful siege? I haven't showed up on the ballot since I started my kingdom, giving me no way to acquire a new castle/town. Am I missing something? Or what's up with this?
You can annex a fief for 200 influence on the kingdom screen. There's an obvious relation penalty to this though

I'd just like to make a general suggestion to TaleWorlds: could we be able to take back the Dragon Banner in the near future, possibly in exchange for a war or low relation with the ruler/kingdom? Thanks.

But what about the hierarchy system and other political opportunities? Now there is almost no politics in the game. Even laws give only bonuses, but no opportunities. The king does not decide anything in the vote, it's terrible.
My assumptions (themes) for improving the situation:
1) Link #1
2) Link #2

Back
Top Bottom