Bannerlord major fall on Steam most played games

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't expect to find people educated on currency and economics here, but that was ignorance to the extreme lol

Your assumption is right. They did make A LOT of money on their previous titles. It's just not real relevant when you're talking inflation. Unless they kept the money in a more stable currency like the US dollar or Swiss Franks. But if they converted it to the local currency, then that money is losing 20% of its value I believe every year. And if they sat on that capital for the past 10 years, that's a lot of value lost. That's why National debt clocks matter. If the debt gets too high, you get inflation and your savings and retirement funds isn't worth anything.

I didn't expect to find people educated on currency and economics here, but that was ignorance to the extreme lol
Thanks for assuming. You show your own ignorance.

Hundreds of millions of dollars American don't convert into nothing because of inflation. He's also assuming the money was converted and not held in accounts in American dollars.

edit:
He and you need to get educated on how the banking system works.

Last edited:
People usually holds their money as US Dollars in Turkey.I'm sure Taleworlds does that too.There's no reason to keep your money as TL.Anyway,i think this is their first opportunity to developing game without any financial doubts and the game is gonna be nice in the end of Early Access. Previous games didn't get hype like this one and they have not seen cash money like these before.There's no reason to give up.They'll finish their game nicely.

I was shocked how quickly player numbers fell, one moment it was top 5 then it was out of the top 20. The number of streams on the TW site collapse from 20+ to only 2 or 3.

I can imagine if the game had more depth and more balancing, and be a complete game, this game would be addictive enough to keep the top 10 status ... just like CIV5, it was top 10 for ALONG time even with the release of CIV6.

I stop playing game after 158 hours, feel boring and empty world, repeated. Mods make game much better but now many mods can't keep up the game. This game is very potential but current status is..., mainly fix and banlance, not much new content. I hope game will be better in near future and I will play again.

I have tried a few mods, but usually they end up causing problems due to updates, but it bodes well for the future when the updates fall off, lot's of super mods then.
There is one mod which keeps me playing, "Improved garrisons", helps to even the score a bit when you are fighting no diplomacy and silly AI, (on Nexus), well worth a look. The current version is for 1.4.1 and has caused me no problems this far. Anyone know of any other solid mods that do not cause problems?

Of course the game will be boring for people who lack a bit of imagination. It seems that people tend to be "lazy" and "expect" to be walked through the RPG! world.
For me it's all about using what I've got to the fullest (and I didnt even install any mods).
Wanna kill the game? Watch a couple of streamers killing all the lords around just to make sure they won't disturb you while sieging a fief.
This game can be like good old championship manager which could be played for years.
For me it's still playable as I am still trying to take over the whole map but with as little help from other clans as possible. It will be more difficult since they limited women's fertility in recent patch, so I won't be able to get more parties to patrol around all castles and villages.
There's much to do in this game apart the "visible" content.

Bannerlord EA in Steam is a resounding success. It peaked at 248k top 15 all time and now has about 13% left playing. For example compared to Witcher 3 which peaked at 92k and after same time was reduced to 14% of players. So it's fairly normal route for single player games.

Last edited:
I wish TW nothing but success for continuing on this amazing one-of-a-kind series - it is well deserved. That said a bit worrisome that so much of the game feels unfinished like voices, intricate kingdom policies and war decisions. The Main Quest also needs much, much more polish as it should be a riveting display -as it is I havent the foggiest what any of them are on about with this "Nexus Folly" -WAT?!. Since it being central to the "feel of the game" -it deserves a full AAA type production via artistic snapshots, voiceovers, map pointing and music. Heck think Total War Shogun 2 for that dripping in atmosphere type production for probably not a whole lotta cost.

Also varied music per faction would promote more cultural distinction

I have well had my monies worth, but now the game is going backwards. Bugs are being introduced which for me are worse than the ones fixed. I was playing e1.4.1 but found I could now not get past the main quest bug where you tick all the boxes, including taking a fief, but Istania and the other guy still have the same dialogue as if you had not completed. I cannot now get married because it crashes at the barter screen, and the workshops are now not worth investing in.
Going back to an earlier save, or even restarting, is no longer fun for me after 570 hours. I even deleted and completely removed all associated files, re installed and started from scratch, (no mods), then saw a post on Reddit confriming others were having the same problems.
I will give it a rest, but Taleworlds need to try and not make matters worse, the game bugs should get less not worse and game stopping.
I have no complaints at this stage regarding content as it is still early release, just fix the game stopping bugs, and get diplomacy working.
Just ignore main storyline, now that TW has added and is polishing option to form your own kingdom without main storyline, its worthless until its 100% completed.

I wish TW nothing but success for continuing on this amazing one-of-a-kind series - it is well deserved. That said a bit worrisome that so much of the game feels unfinished like voices, intricate kingdom policies and war decisions. The Main Quest also needs much, much more polish as it should be a riveting display -as it is I havent the foggiest what any of them are on about with this "Nexus Folly" -WAT?!. Since it being central to the "feel of the game" -it deserves a full AAA type production via artistic snapshots, voiceovers, map pointing and music. Heck think Total War Shogun 2 for that dripping in atmosphere type production for probably not a whole lotta cost.

Also varied music per faction would promote more cultural distinction

It's especially worrisome because the Steam page describes the game as basically finished, but with bugs.

yeah they need to add some explorations or maybe events like foreign invasion or maybe implement the revolutions mod, it has great ideas that keeps the game fun at late game. imagine if they add succession wars for your dynasty.. you kids fight when you die because you picked the wrong heir because everyone in your family had really negative relations with each other
Yeah random meaninfull events would be nice, another kingdom forms, rebellions, foreign kingdom invasion and those succesion wars you mentioned would definitely make the game more enjoyable and not repetitive and that exploration what do you mean im curious, expeditions?

Well, I for once really enjoy this game. Too much in fact - had to uninstall it due to addictive nature. It sort of mirrors "one more turn" syndrome, where I keep working for self-determined goals. And I guess I could distribute my time to achive those goals by playing "one battle at the time", but there kicks another thing - endless grind for certain perks, to have a type of roleplay i wish for. And Its even more harder to grind when you have to restart every major patch.
So right now I just wait till the beta ends and then im going to use some cheats to skip grinding/or play at easiets dificulty at the start, and then im going to enjoy the game.

If there is any major thing I would suggest myself for devs to work on - is to keep snowballing at lowest possible. Other than that - i dont see any major problems. Content adding should be reserved for expansions and mods.

Last edited:
They need for me : is to add more battle scene's . Around 30 or so more. Different plains , valleys , flora, rocks ,dunes , deserts , rivers - so as to not be repeatable. I am not talking about towns and castels ( as i know there is lots of work there and the scenes are not done yet ) - but normal open-battle scenes. More more more. I need to feel that i have not seen or remembered that scene in the last 2-3 weeks. Maybe a module that auto-generates new scenes in the game.

Also more RPG aspect of the game : quests , different storys. 50 or so.

And one of the most annoying is the wars in the game . In in my head in 1 year should have only one war on the map. With one settlement conquered. Then maybe a few mouths of a bit of chaos and then stable again. / So peace ...1 short war on the map...after 3-5 years ...maybe more chaos for a few mouths ...and then again peacefull period. So alternating between peaceful periods with limited wars & more chaotic period but very short.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom