Why did they decide to nerf the Aserai Faris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Seriously?

I've been away from my playthrough where I had loads of those guys and apparently 1.4 decided to massacre them. Reduced armor, reduced skills (assuming those matter) and maybe worse weapons as well? What gives? Was there some issue where they were outperforming other T4-6 noble units?

The way I look at it, they were the only high-tier melee cav that Aserai had in their troop tree, at all. They were the best javelin cavalry available but javelin cavalry aren't terribly common anyway and their best-case niche required moderate amounts of micro-management to get good performance out of them. They were competitive with Imperial Cataphracts and Strugian Druzhniks but not crazy dominant. In short fights, they'd certainly outperform those, but the longer the melee went on, the more likely it was that other heavy cav would catch up to the in terms of kills.

Ad visually they looked resplendent.

Not sure about this particular case, but many units got armor nerfed in the last patches. Look at the Imperial infantry and ranged for example. Also all the "minor faction" troops got their stats nerfed. Their top tier have stats about on par with regular t4 units. Which is pity as they were sort of hard to get unique units. Now they are just not worth the effort to get.

ye, they were outperforming by a lot. Even one reddit guy has big thread comparing cav stats, and they do nicely during his tests
Same javelins btw, so I keep deleting enemies with these troops :smile:

Not sure about this particular case, but many units got armor nerfed in the last patches. Look at the Imperial infantry and ranged for example. Also all the "minor faction" troops got their stats nerfed. Their top tier have stats about on par with regular t4 units. Which is pity as they were sort of hard to get unique units. Now they are just not worth the effort to get.

The nerf to the minor faction troops was the real tragedy.

ye, they were outperforming by a lot. Even one reddit guy has big thread comparing cav stats, and they do nicely during his tests
Same javelins btw, so I keep deleting enemies with these troops :smile:

Do you have a link or remember the name of the thread? I searched under the name "faris" and "vanguard" but didn't find anything recent; the one cav comparison thread I found was over a month old.

I'm just really annoyed because Aserai has more issues with their troop tree than any other faction -- yes, including Sturgia -- and that was only offset by a few bright spots like their T6 nobles being really good.

I'm just really annoyed because Aserai has more issues with their troop tree than any other faction -- yes, including Sturgia -- and that was only offset by a few bright spots like their T6 nobles being really good.
well in 1.4.0 Aserai had most powerfull tree with good anti-cav infantry (low tier inf only has spears, thats huge while we have no spear formation and a big pain for every cav charge); Absolutlely chop-choping t4 and t5 shock inf with executioner axes (they often cut through 2 body) and insane javelins.
But 1.4.1 had a lot of impovements to other nation's troops, so no more aserai dominating.

I also don't like the Faris nerfs at all. They were appropriately good given their relative rarity.

What they actually want to do with the minor faction troops remains to be seen.

Aserai and sturgia are my favorite factions for some god forsaken reason so the faris nerf really hurts my feelings. It hurts even more in games where the map spawns only 4 villages capable of spawning them.

Aserai and sturgia are my favorite factions for some god forsaken reason so the faris nerf really hurts my feelings. It hurts even more in games where the map spawns only 4 villages capable of spawning them.

By growing the villages in your feifs you can get more villages that produce noble troops.

By growing the villages in your feifs you can get more villages that produce noble troops.

I haven't seen village growth increase influence, although it would make sense if it did. The hearths only hit production breakpoints above 200 (full production) and above 500 (150% or double production). It has no impact on landowners' influence.

Unless that changed very, very recently.

Oops, doubleposting time.:

well in 1.4.0 Aserai had most powerfull tree with good anti-cav infantry (low tier inf only has spears, thats huge while we have no spear formation and a big pain for every cav charge); Absolutlely chop-choping t4 and t5 shock inf with executioner axes (they often cut through 2 body) and insane javelins.
But 1.4.1 had a lot of impovements to other nation's troops, so no more aserai dominating.

That thread shows the Vanguard Faris doing about average? I saw it before but it doesn't support the idea that they were overpowered. To make them perform well, I usually needed to micro the Faris.

I haven't seen village growth increase influence, although it would make sense if it did. The hearths only hit production breakpoints above 200 (full production) and above 500 (150% or double production). It has no impact on landowners' influence.

Unless that changed very, very recently.

Now I haven't studied it to figure out how it works exactly.

However I've noticed that in feifs I pay a lot of attention to growing and protecting, I get villages producing nobles that did not used to.

So I'm not sure if it's the growth of hearths, protecting them long enough to let them gain influence, or doing quests for them that increases the influence.

Now I haven't studied it to figure out how it works exactly.

However I've noticed that in feifs I pay a lot of attention to growing and protecting, I get villages producing nobles that did not used to.

So I'm not sure if it's the growth of hearths, protecting them long enough to let them gain influence, or doing quests for them that increases the influence.

Doing quests increases their influence. And even going past 200 helps considerably, because they will tend towards gathering more nobles of higher tiers with more power.

I want my golden homing missiles back dammit. They don't extremely weak, but its just not the same anymore.

That being said, the rest of the Aserai roster is actually pretty good, even if they were also nerfed. At least they have shields I guess.

Back
Top Bottom