Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

It's honestly annoying because this is present in single player as well. People don't complain about it as much because there's other things that distract you from it, but it's very noticeable. You would think that issues that affect both SP and MP would get priority but I guess not.
Thank you for curing my schizophrenia and paranoids, because whenever I asked the question everybody were silent. Except I saw Gibby's video meme once about that issue.

With a cost of around 50 euros I think Bannerlord players should have way more options to customize their mp appearance (besides from any cosmetic or indications related to clan systems). I hope this gets some love in the future, and not in the form of a DLC, plus leaving it open for custom skins, tattoos, hairs, colours etc.

With a cost of around 50 euros I think Bannerlord players should have way more options to customize their mp appearance (besides from any cosmetic or indications related to clan systems). I hope this gets some love in the future, and not in the form of a DLC, plus leaving it open for custom skins, tattoos, hairs, colours etc.
i hope the skins are fully customizable like sp

well the models they are just skins with stats on them basically, but since mp has its own stats they become skins
They are unique armor not skins.

They decided to thumb down the multiplayer class system in order to introduce a "progression system" instead of just expanding the class system.
Love it

There are only few armor who have "reskins".

A lot of pieces of armor have significant differences between them.

It feels more like an insult to taleworlds by calling it reskins honestly.
well for heavy medium light idk what you would want to call it for honor, mordhau got the same only bannerlord is lacking

Singleplayer armors can`t really be called skins, as they are all separate armor pieces, each with its own stats, modifiers and localized armor value. In MP the armor value is NOT localized, but universal for the whole body, and the damage to body parts are defined with different modifiers, always taking into account the universal armor value and type. For example if you have a 45 armor soldier that has a full helmet , and another 45 armor soldier that doesen`t have helmet at all, if both of them got hit on their head for the same amount of damage, the damage recieved would be the same for both.
Which not only does not make sence, but is a mechanic i personally strongly disagree with. Not that TW would ever make a class with such a discrepancy in its armor value and loadout appearance, but that is how it would work.
So skins would only make you look different, and emulate Singleplayer armor loadout artificially, but not nearly as close.

Last edited:
Singleplayer armors can`t really be called skins, as they are all separate armor pieces, each with its own stats, modifiers and localized armor value. In MP the armor value is NOT localized, but universal for the whole body, and the damage to body parts are defined with different modifiers, always taking into account the universal armor value and type. For example if you have a 45 armor soldier that has a full helmet , and another 45 armor soldier that doesen`t have helmet at all, if both of them got hit on their head for the same amount of damage, the damage recieved would be the same for both.
Which not only does not make sence, but is a mechanic i personally strongly disagree with. Not that TW would ever make a class with such a discrepancy in its armor value and loadout appearance, but that is how it would work.
So skins would only make you look different, and emulate Singleplayer armor loadout artificially, but not nearly as close.
yes thats why its called a skin, its the point to make units look differently. You still got the same slots as in singleplayer, they just dont give stats that was exactly my point.
For example the varyag being able to wear the druz helmet as an option or different shoulder armor, for example none, bear pelt or the cloak. People can pick them individually and all the problems would be solved.

For example the varyag being able to wear the druz helmet as an option or different shoulder armor, for example none, bear pelt or the cloak. People can pick them individually and all the problems would be solved.
You have just described the loadout customization Warband had, that everyone seem to have wanted to just pass over to Bannerlord.

It will most probably not be the simple way you described it, as it would totaly negate one of the main official reasons given for the inclusion of the premade classes system in the first place :

"Making troops distinctive enough with a glance you know all about what you are facing. Capabilities, gear, etc."

If you have 100s of skins, and can wear whatever you want (even restriced to several pieces per class), that point would just contradict itself, and we would get a loadout customization similar to Warband's, but without the freedom of not equipping a certain piece of armor, and without the localized armor and damage.

Not to mention the choice of armor in multiplayer is borderline insulting to the sheer amount of armors available to us in singleplayer otherwise.

Last edited:
loadout customization similar to Warband's, but without the freedom of not equipping a certain piece of armor, and without the localized armor and damage.

Not to mention the choice of armor in multiplayer is borderline insulting to the sheer amount of armors available to us in singleplayer otherwise.

This is what annoys me, they HAVE the means to make the class system that warband had.

How would you imagine singleplayer would look like if you could pick between 6 classes per faction? Its ridiculous that a game that claims to be sandbox and about freedom restricts you so much. Its praised in singleplayer but somehow PEOPLE WANT TO BE RESTRICTED IN MULTIPLAYER

You have just described the loadout customization Warband had, that everyone seem to have wanted to just pass over to Bannerlord.

It will most probably not be the simple way you described it, as it would totaly negate one of the main official reasons given for the inclusion of the premade classes system in the first place :

"Making troops distinctive enough with a glance you know all about what you are facing. Capabilities, gear, etc."

If you have 100s of skins, and can wear whatever you want (even restriced to several pieces per class), that point would just contradict itself, and we would get a loadout customization similar to Warband's, but without the freedom of not equipping a certain piece of armor, and without the localized armor and damage.

its 1 of the reasons they gave sometimes you need to change your position. For streamers they can make the toggle able. Cpt mode got different outfits as well and if you keep them in similar manner it will be still easy to recognize units.

its 1 of the reasons they gave sometimes you need to change your position. For streamers they can make the toggle able. Cpt mode got different outfits as well and if you keep them in similar manner it will be still easy to recognize units.
Try having over 100 outfits see how well u will know

Try having over 100 outfits see how well u will know
you mean 100 different outfits combinations per unit? or 100 new pieces, thats nothing its like 1 different armor part per unit? Its not guaranteed if everyone uses it and we already got that to some extent through armor+9. This is the only downside that this perks visibility that will be lost. I dont think the perk influences the game plan too much.

Last edited:
As long as every armor clearly showcases to the eye if its heavy, light, leather, in general the material to give the visual cue on what to expect, gearing would work. SP as piconi said has a huge variety of items yet the multiplayer dev team is lazy as ****.

Back
Top Bottom