Sturgias warmongering

Users who are viewing this thread

So in every game Ive started, during every update, Sturgia gets destroyed like no other faction. I know alot of the reasons behind this but one that strikes me as the weirdest is their lust for battle. So in every save Ive had this far Varcheg is not Sturgian for more than a month. Vlandia takes it ASAP. This has happend since the very release of Bannerlord. But I have never seen a faction declare war on Sturgia, its always Sturgia who declares war... ON EVERYONE. They have never been in war with less than 2 faction during any given time.

So my real question is if anyone knows the game reason for Sturgia declaring a tenfold more wars than the other factions combined? Because in my saves Sturgia is the only faction to be in more than 2 wars at the same time. Most of the time all the other factions are only at war with Sturgia.

You are projecting. Strugia have the same AI as other kingdoms. Multiple wars is problem of all factions, not just Sturgia. I don't know the code of course, but I always had impression that weaker kingdom gets, more wars it likes to declare. You can usually see that on Imperial Factions, which are weakest at the beginning of the game and that gets destroyed usually first. Mostly Western and Northern Empire, at last in may games. It's as if AI notices that it lacks money because it has few fiefs and decides to declare more wars so that it can raid ...or something of that sort.

Whole strategic logic of the kingdoms is utterly broken, despite last patch supposedly fixing it. In fact my impression is that strategic AI got even more mad then it was before. In my current game in 1.4.1, all factions are engaged in multiple wars. All of them. Sturgia itself is at war with 5 factions.

I've seen talk that in most, if not all, versions before 141 that the war declaration announcement was bugged. It would say sturgia declared war even if it was the other way around. Could still be that way in 141 for all I know, it's hard to focus on stuff like that when I'm fighting for sturgia in 4 permanent wars.

Just to demonstrate the issue:

Day 220, patch 1.4.1

Aserai in war with Batania, Sturgia, Vlandia

Batania in war with Aserai, Sturgia, W. Empire

Khuzaits in war with Sturgia, N. Empire

N. Empire in war with Khuzaits, S. Empire, Vlandia

S. Empire in war with Aserai, N. Empire, Sturgia, W. Empire

Sturgia in war with Batania, Khuzaits, S. Empire, Vlandia

Vlandia in war with Aserai, N. Empire, Sturgia, W. Empire

W. Empire at war with Batania, S. Empire, Vlandia

Does it make any sense to you? Not to me.
Sturgia for example is still in the original war with Vlandia, they newer made peace since the start of the game. Yet they both are in 3 other wars.

No, Im fully aware that the AI is the same for every faction. So it must be something else in the gamecode that makes Sturgia more bloodthirsty, or stupid depending on how you see it. The AI might be the same but other things must come into play, like geography and economics. In my current playtrough, Sturgia is at war with everyone except the Aserai. All other factions are doing ok or better. Only faction that is gone is the Southern Empire. The rest are just at war with Sturgia and at most one more, during very short durations. The Sturgia war has so far been more or less permanent.

No, Im fully aware that the AI is the same for every faction. So it must be something else in the gamecode that makes Sturgia more bloodthirsty, or stupid depending on how you see it. The AI might be the same but other things must come into play, like geography and economics. In my current playtrough, Sturgia is at war with everyone except the Aserai. All other factions are doing ok or better. Only faction that is gone is the Southern Empire. The rest are just at war with Sturgia and at most one more, during very short durations. The Sturgia war has so far been more or less permanent.

Which patch?

Right now its 1.4.1, however Sturgia has gotten its butt kicked by multiple factions since the release in every game Ive played.

Sturgia was often doing fine in my games. It was one or two Imperial factions which seems constantly struggling. Which is not surprising given they have the lowest amount of lord parties and fiefs.

This is Sturgia in my previous 1.4.1 game:

rkUo32H.jpg

7 Screenshots of Sturgia not doing so well in 1.4.1.

hruza clearly doesn't play very much since that's his "Previous game" and he posted this exact same screenshot what 1 week ago? I'll check.

edit:
10 days old screenshot. Is it really fair to say in your game(s) and not just in your 1 game.

Okay. 7 tests. 300 days campaign in 1.4.1 no mods.
yT2YrqI.png

e4BE8hD.png

CGEonrD.png

CwK67Y0.png

RxsjSZm.png

7rMsQkD.png

0Y4u39x.png

Are those sreenshots supposed to show Sturgia being weak or Northern Empire?

Not supporting anything really, just a good cross section of what's actually happening in 1.4.1.

More then Sturgia can have problems of course. It mainly just shows they can't seem to grow beyond starting size. North Empire looks very troubled in them however. Take from it what you will.

edit:
I was happy to see Aserai were a major power in one. The castle prosperity fixes really helped.

Whole strategic logic of the kingdoms is utterly broken, despite last patch supposedly fixing it. In fact my impression is that strategic AI got even more mad then it was before. In my current game in 1.4.1, all factions are engaged in multiple wars. All of them.

It is already confirmed that the system put in place to prevent constant wars has been removed.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/version-comparison-1-2-vs-1-3.423206/post-9443201

Also check the last couple of pages in: Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I feel like a broken record

It is already confirmed that the system put in place to prevent constant wars has been removed.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/version-comparison-1-2-vs-1-3.423206/post-9443201

Also check the last couple of pages in: Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

I feel like a broken record

I wasn't talking about system to prevent constant wars, aka 25 day truce. I was talking about system to prevent starting too many wars to begin with. Kingdoms were supposed to not be starting new wars if they already had some going. Unless that was removed as well.

Last edited:
7 Screenshots of Sturgia not doing so well in 1.4.1.

hruza clearly doesn't play very much since that's his "Previous game" and he posted this exact same screenshot what 1 week ago? I'll check.

edit:
10 days old screenshot. Is it really fair to say in your game(s) and not just in your 1 game.

Locklave clearly doesn't know what "previous" is. He also doesn't know what "week" is. And to add on that, he constantly engages in personal attacks against other members, since he can't argue in a civil and constructive manner.

It mainly just shows they can't seem to grow beyond starting size.

They clearly can, and I have posted screenshot to prove it.

hruza clearly doesn't play very much since that's his "Previous game" and he posted this exact same screenshot what 1 week ago? I'll check

I'm not sure what is supposed to be wrong with a previous game having been a week ago? I have something north of 500 hours in Bannerlord and my games usually last longer than a week. The only exceptions are ones where something breaks the gameworld like the initial release snowballing or the first economic apocalypse.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be wrong with a previous game having been a week ago? I have something north of 500 hours in Bannerlord and my games usually last longer than a week. The only exceptions are ones where something breaks the gameworld like the initial release snowballing or the first economic apocalypse.

I think Locklave's point is alluding to the fact that hruza has already posted the same exact single screenshot before as a sort of "definite evidence" to any discussion on Sturgia.

Back on topic, in my new games Sturgia doesn't seem bad in 1.4.1 as it was clearly before, while I've never seen them dominating, they seem to hold their own better now unless Khuzaits declare war on them, in fact they have lasted longer than northern empire every single time. Khuzait still always strong as hell in my games lol.

Having the same problem here. I've started a new game for nearly every major update, before 1.41 I even uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game (not that it would make a difference to this problem) and deleted all my mods so my new game would be completely clean. First time doing a Sturgia play through, hadn't even joined a kingdom as a merc yet and sturgia have lost all of their fiefs less than 2 years into the campaign.Every single fief.
I've just been a small time trader up until this point so my actions have not contributed to this outcome.

Now I love this game but I took a large break from it before 1.4.1 because of this reason. every playthrough I do forces me to take a side and fight tooth and nail for survival way too early on because snowballing is such a massive issue. How have the Khuzaits not been nerfed yet? Every damn game they come out on top, including my current one, they've seized half of sturgia (the other half going to Vlandia) and most of the Northern Empire.

This to me is by far the biggest problem with the game as it stands and it was my biggest problem when it was released.

hruza, you definitely posted the same screenshot last week on another topic and you even described it as "as usual" in sarcastic fashion.

As Usual, so much so you that have to recycle the same screenshot for next week, am I right?
You don't seem to understand that a single screenshot is meaningless, apart from not knowing the context of your save you only gave the one unique screenshot of a single save, that's the point Locklave was making.
It's ridiculous that I have to say this because as of 1.4.1 I don't believe Sturgia to be the weakest faction anymore, but I already fear that this topic is wasted as soon as you start saying OP is "projecting" and accusing Locklave of personal attacks when he was clearly making an argument against your use of "evidence" (atleast this time you are not saying you're a victim of ad homs lol).

Back
Top Bottom