RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

clubs and swords change alot of cpt, it basicly enables units to fight vs heavy armored ones. All gamemodes should have options to balance them differently, at least gold wise, unit size maybe equipment etc.

I know that clubs and swords work differently against armor, my point was rather that Archers are still Archers in the first place. You can easily have matches where you wouldn't go melee at all.

Every unit has a specific field they excel in. Heavy infantry is a slow power house that can tank.
Shock infantry is weak against archers but strong against heavy infantry.
Cavalry is quick but few in numbers.
Archers have range.
Hardly any of the perks change that up in Captain.
At the core you play each class the same way in every round. I am not saying that perks don't affect the gameplay, I am saying they don't affect the gameplan and that's why they are redundant for me in Captain.

I think that's different in Skirmish. It has a big impact in how they play depending on whether a player uses spear or throwing weapons, improved armor or lighter shield.
A better melee weapon or a better bow?
For example I play mostly infantry but with the Aserai I usually pick the Veterans with shield because I know I will play primary melee and only archer as a side option.

I indirstiid thi jiki.. I'm jist pliying firthir in it..
mimimimimimimi
286320206019201.gif

a9847a0580d6208d9037b47c03d2db7e.gif

Custom Classes when!

I know that clubs and swords work differently against armor, my point was rather that Archers are still Archers in the first place. You can easily have matches where you wouldn't go melee at all.

Every unit has a specific field they excel in. Heavy infantry is a slow power house that can tank.
Shock infantry is weak against archers but strong against heavy infantry.
Cavalry is quick but few in numbers.
Archers have range.
Hardly any of the perks change that up in Captain.
At the core you play each class the same way in every round. I am not saying that perks don't affect the gameplay, I am saying they don't affect the gameplan and that's why they are redundant for me in Captain.

I think that's different in Skirmish. It has a big impact in how they play depending on whether a player uses spear or throwing weapons, improved armor or lighter shield.
A better melee weapon or a better bow?
For example I play mostly infantry but with the Aserai I usually pick the Veterans with shield because I know I will play primary melee and only archer as a side option.
hmm i guess thats true

heavy inf can counter shock inf if they get good volleys of throwing weapons of, but that would be the only exception i noticed. I still think that the class balanced is failed due to how strong the heavy units opress the light ones i hope we see changes there quick.

Can you tell me more about the battle mode?
1 life, 30v30 was my favourite amount of players but can be way more, initially spawn like skirmish and if game goes long enough a flag spawns to fight over. Its simple but a great clan mode and a way competitive players can shine, nothing better than being 5v1 in the end and winning with 60 players watching you be better than them.

1 life, 30v30 was my favourite amount of players but can be way more, initially spawn like skirmish and if game goes long enough a flag spawns to fight over. Its simple but a great clan mode and a way competitive players can shine, nothing better than being 5v1 in the end and winning with 60 players watching you be better than them.
they could just open a big skirmish queue, like 10v10-20v20 the maps would still support that to some extent. Similar to siege.

I wonder why at this point people haven't muted Tork locally for themselves on the forums yet, makes your experience on BL board much better.
At least one already did. And I encourage everyone willing to do so as well. It just proves my point about echo-chamber that I've made quite a while ago.

Lovely, a semi-decent discussion turning into another 'who can hate Tork the most' contest, let's get back on topic, we'll be having no more of the hate towards Tork; discuss his opinion and not Tork himself.

Lovely, a semi-decent discussion turning into another 'who can hate tork the most' contest, let's get back on topic.
No one hating on Tork, he is just the one who constantly wants to go against anything that is a well established fact.

But back on the semi-decent discussion right?

Multiplayer is dying because of bad combat and class system. Let me just repeat what has been said for months and the countless suggestions that have been done to change this once again.

Last edited:
Multiplayer is dying because of bad combat and class system. Let me just repeat what has been said for months and the countless suggestions that have been done to change this once again.

class system is still has some mixed feelings for me,
because my main issue with it is that i cannot play with my set of weapons every time i want
but i imagine it would work by adding some global weapons and more weapons,

example:
Menavlion can have other options like long axes or fast warspears that uses swings
*adding as much spears as and polearms as much as u could
same thing for other classes
and adding shields for everything

if they are really going to be that strict then i'm 100% going to hate it

and about the Armour and cloth customization, same thing could be

No one hating on Tork, he is just the one who constantly wants to go against anything that is a well established fact.

But back on the semi-decent discussion right?

I completely disagree Younes. The issue is because the player base is split across multiple beta versions right now - I haven't touched MP recently not because I don't want to but because as I'm in 1.4.1 I can't play on the 1.4.0 servers. As such I only play SP. As soon as the game releases, the beta branch goes or there is a new push on MP (new modes, maps whatever) then people will flood back. As it stands I have 400 hours on the MP alone so I'm happy to give it a break.

Also can you stop saying your opinion is a fact and everyone else is wrong/lying because they disagree? That's not how debate or discussion works.

Honestly I gave this forum a break because it has just become a place for 10-15 of the same people to complain about the same things 100x over... I see nothing has changed.

People keep posting the same **** hoping taleworlds will pull their finger out, the game is in a terrible state, cant believe people like tork keep defending them.. taleworlds has done nothing right with bannerlord so far.

I completely disagree Younes. The issue is because the player base is split across multiple beta versions right now - I haven't touched MP recently not because I don't want to but because as I'm in 1.4.1 I can't play on the 1.4.0 servers.
That's not a good point. We had a lot more players some weeks ago, even with multiple branchs already there. MP is just dying because the combat is bad, the class system is bad and servers are trash. Just playing MP is enough to see it. Every time you join a siege, there are some people already saying "hey guys, you ready to crash ?", "crash in 3,2,1...", etc. The bad shape of MP is on its way to become a meme.

edit : but it stays dumb to divide the MP across multiple branches, i'll give you that, it's just not the main reason MP is empty.

Lovely, a semi-decent discussion turning into another 'who can hate Tork the most' contest, let's get back on topic, we'll be having no more of the hate towards Tork; discuss his opinion and not Tork himself.

Is he still reporting every single person who disagrees with him? Guessing so because every time someone disagrees with him a moderator shows up.

If tork doesnt like being called a lair. He needs to not lie. He cant say blatantly untrue things like that the class system prevents snowballing and expect people to not tell him otherwise. People were very polite for his first 60 posts, but in every single class discussion post he says the exact same baseless, indefensible nonsense, and then gets very mad when people call it baseless, indefensible nonsense. He drags every discussion to a standstill and forces people to explain things that have already been explained to him instead of us all coming together and discussing actual solutions.

Hes allowed to like the class system, but every reason he gives for liking it is either a flat out lie about how it actually functions or something that can be proved to have the opposite affect of what he says it does. When we explain this to him he gets offended and acts like were throwing a minority opinion at him from nowhere when in reality he assumes everyone likes the class system because its what Taleworlds thinks is a good idea.

Is he still reporting every single person who disagrees with him? Guessing so because every time someone disagrees with him a moderator shows up.

No, he's not. I've been monitoring this thread since its creation as it's obviously very controversial. I did mention to keep the thread on track, so let's please do that, anymore discussion on Tork will be removed (unless it's obviously talking about his points in the discussion).

I think the biggest issue with MP decline is unstable and crashing servers. Lots of players who bought bannerlord had never played warband, so most wouldn't initially know the difference of having set classes or not. It's hard to blame certain aspects of the game for players not coming back if the servers don't work half the time.

Back
Top Bottom