Recruit

Users who are viewing this thread

recruit.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Empire Recruit in this thread.

Without a doubt feels like THE definitive worst class in multiplayer, squishy, forced to use either javelins or spear. Just not fun to play. Could benefit from having different equipment options i.e. swinging polearms or bigger swords or alternatively having a shield or some armor worth having.

(Conclusions are for skirmish/siege)
I'm forced to draw comparisons to a very similar class: the Aserai skirmisher

With comparable base stats to the Aserai T1 infantry, it becomes rather quickly apparent there are a few fatal flaws this class has.
The lack of shield without a perk is a rather major drawback, and with the lack of a bonus armor perk as well it seems like the class is stuck into a 'jack of all trades' role that it preforms poorly at. Paper thin armor means vulnerability to archers, but you lose the ability to deal with mainline threats if you take the (small) shield.

Unlike the Sturgia and Battania T1I's, they can't be converted into 'board and sword' frontline infantry either; their weak shield and paper armor mixing with a below-average base sword to turn them into fodder. But wait, you may say, they have a throwing weapon! Yes, the basic javs. When upgraded to imperial javelins they do serve as a useful polearm secondary. Again however I am forced to compare to skirmisher.Their 6 jarids outmatch the 4 imperial.

Potential solution:
Rather straightforward, for an auxiliary meant to stay out of combat, the shield is mandatory to prevent counterfire.The shield is made standard, giving them a good bit of survivability. Replacing the shield perk with a 'better shield' or '+9 armor' would also give them the ability to take a more frontline role like the other faction's T1I's

(Conclusions are for skirmish/siege)
I'm forced to draw comparisons to a very similar class: the Aserai skirmisher

With comparable base stats to the Aserai T1 infantry, it becomes rather quickly apparent there are a few fatal flaws this class has.
The lack of shield without a perk is a rather major drawback, and with the lack of a bonus armor perk as well it seems like the class is stuck into a 'jack of all trades' role that it preforms poorly at. Paper thin armor means vulnerability to archers, but you lose the ability to deal with mainline threats if you take the (small) shield.

Unlike the Sturgia and Battania T1I's, they can't be converted into 'board and sword' frontline infantry either; their weak shield and paper armor mixing with a below-average base sword to turn them into fodder. But wait, you may say, they have a throwing weapon! Yes, the basic javs. When upgraded to imperial javelins they do serve as a useful polearm secondary. Again however I am forced to compare to skirmisher.Their 6 jarids outmatch the 4 imperial.

Potential solution:
Rather straightforward, for an auxiliary meant to stay out of combat, the shield is mandatory to prevent counterfire.The shield is made standard, giving them a good bit of survivability. Replacing the shield perk with a 'better shield' or '+9 armor' would also give them the ability to take a more frontline role like the other faction's T1I's
+1 to the solution

The recruit should be replaced with either a primary javelineer class (like a peltast or something) or the light infantry from earlier states of development (who would become the main spearman/melee fodder/flanking force hybrid for empire), instead of this peasant class nobody wants to use.

The recruit should be replaced with either a primary javelineer class (like a peltast or something) or the light infantry from earlier states of development (who would become the main spearman/melee fodder/flanking force hybrid for empire), instead of this peasant class nobody wants to use.
Yes velite class empire please based on auxilary troops

I think the recruit should look like this
7Z3IZ.jpg
pls no, just wait for them to make it customizable.

The class is bad anyways, a skirmisher that has less and worse throwing weapons than heavy inf (varyag, oathsworn, even legionary and sergeant have better throwing)

Last edited:
This class is horrible to play. Give it back a shield as default and an upgrade to a slightly better one. And fix the "Extra Javelins" perk not giving you more of the "better" javelins.

This class is horrible to play. Give it back a shield as default and an upgrade to a slightly better one. And fix the "Extra Javelins" perk not giving you more of the "better" javelins.
Is it necessarily a mistake tho? extra javelins give you the default javelins which seems reasonable. You dont upgrade extras

Why has the Vlandian peasant got Imperial cavalry boots and this class has these awful looking shoes. This class should get the same boots.

I don't see the point of this class. They are quite useless in a melee, and bad at being a javelin class. Give them the better shields perk, and the improved armor perk, and they might be able to serve as a cannon-fodder front-line class like the other T1's.

Seems like this class will either be too good or too weak. Wonder if it'd be worth it to make Imperial Javelins the standard javelin, with a possible replacement for the Better Javelins perk

Improved Armor
Replaces Imperial Javelin with Javelin, +9 Armor (Slightly tougher than a Menavlion Infantry with Improved Armor)

Actually, with the recent Skirmisher buffs, I can't help but look at the Aserai with envy when they throw 12 jareeds at me vs my 8 regular javelins + pila. Wondering if TaleWorlds will consider bumping up the stack size of the Imperial Javelin to 4. Or better yet, have most javelin quivers start with a partially filled stack rather than have two redundant weapon entries (Javelin (4/4)) is a different weapon from Javelin (eight/eight)*)

*can someone tell me how to type "eight)" in arabic numerals without spawning the :cool: emoticon?

Back
Top Bottom