Where have all the Rhomphaias gone. You used to be able to buy them in Maranuth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive yet to go to war with Battania because I play as a vassal of Battania until I'm ready to form my own kingdom. I assume they drop into loot when you're at war with them.

Why cant you buy one?

How do I get one in 1.4?

I still see them for sale in Battanian towns, but not always.

Probably just unlucky.

Ive yet to go to war with Battania because I play as a vassal of Battania until I'm ready to form my own kingdom. I assume they drop into loot when you're at war with them.

Why cant you buy one?

How do I get one in 1.4?

I haven't seen one since version 1.1 dropped. I thought maybe they had been removed from the game. I own most of the Battanian towns and I have created smithy worshops in two of them and I just never see one for sale. I look often too.

I have heard the price is awful now, but I guess if they are not for sale then the price is irrelevant.

I haven't seen one since version 1.1 dropped. I thought maybe they had been removed from the game. I own most of the Battanian towns and I have created smithy worshops in two of them and I just never see one for sale. I look often too.

I have heard the price is awful now, but I guess if they are not for sale then the price is irrelevant.

1.1 changed the availability and prices of weapons in shops. That's the last time I've seen one.

I was hoping someone had figured out where they're at by now.

It sucks. I think I'll get a drop Rhomphaia when I'm finally at war with Battania. That won't happen until I form my own kingdom.

I just want a Rhomphaia.

It sucks. I think I'll get a drop Rhomphaia when I'm finally at war with Battania. That won't happen until I form my own kingdom.

I just want a Rhomphaia.

I have slaughtered Battanians by the litteral thousands and all they drop is worn fur boots and rusty crap weapons. I guess I did get a pair of rusty mail chausses too. There is no Rhomphaia to be had in the game. Maybe the Royal Armory guy can be convinced to add it to his mod.

I've seen both in 1.3, the Rhomphalia and the Falx (now with a giant price tag) but only really late in the campaign, I had my clan at T6 and occasionally they would appear in Battanian stores... but not entirely sure if these weapons are locked until you hit a certain clan tier or they are just time based.

Stopped seeing the Rhompalia like at 1.2 or something. And I've never seen lamerral plate mail nor the best helm sold in anywhere, and I'm at 238 hours.

Yeah....you cant even buy decent javelins in Battania anymore.

None of it makes any sense to me. Weapons shops don't sell their best and most valuable products until you're almost dead?

This whole artificial weapons nerf is pissing me off.

I'm stuck with tier one weapons until clan 5?

Wtf?

Last edited:
in my experience, i've only seen the Romphalia spawn at Marunath when it had over 6 or 7k prosperity. I've also come across a unique Romphaia named Sledgehammer at marunath, but I'm unsure what causes that to spawn as I've seen it at both low and high prosperity lately.

But essentially, I think if marunath and the surrounding feifs are contested and constantly at war then there is a low, if no chance that the Romphalia will spawn. The Romphalia has been my go to horseback weapon since release, so i've always been on the lookout for it and have only ever found it at marunath with over ~6k prosperity.

In the current patch and beta, i think that it's going to be even harder to find it given how constant war is especially with the vlandians and battanians. I think this can just be said for any cities that are highly contested but I don't think the highest tier armors and weapons will spawn unless they meet a prosperity threshold.

in my experience, i've only seen the Romphalia spawn at Marunath when it had over 6 or 7k prosperity. I've also come across a unique Romphaia named Sledgehammer at marunath, but I'm unsure what causes that to spawn as I've seen it at both low and high prosperity lately.

But essentially, I think if marunath and the surrounding feifs are contested and constantly at war then there is a low, if no chance that the Romphalia will spawn. The Romphalia has been my go to horseback weapon since release, so i've always been on the lookout for it and have only ever found it at marunath with over ~6k prosperity.

In the current patch and beta, i think that it's going to be even harder to find it given how constant war is especially with the vlandians and battanians. I think this can just be said for any cities that are highly contested but I don't think the highest tier armors and weapons will spawn unless they meet a prosperity threshold.

I never thought about it being based on town prosperity. I thought the drop rate was based on clan tier.

Thanks though. This gives me hope that I may someday have a Rhomphaia again, or better yet: Sledgehammer.

I never thought about it being based on town prosperity. I thought the drop rate was based on clan tier.

Thanks though. This gives me hope that I may someday have a Rhomphalia again, or better yet: Sledgehammer.

I actually never thought about it based on clan tier, so you could be right. It is pretty tough to get a t6 clan owning marunath unless it is caladog right at the start, but I am not able to find the romphalia at game start anymore, which marunath starts at around 4 or 5k prosperity i think.
So that's why I think it is based on prosperity level, but that's just my best guess based on my many hours trying to find my romphalia. I haven't even seen the cost of it since ~1.2, so it may be a multi hundred thousand denar weapon compared to its original like 1500 price tag.

btw Sledgehammer, which is a romphaia (2h sword) is like 110k. So hopefully you got denars to blow, but I think your best luck to get rolls for them would be to start a fresh game and immediately start fighting battanians and then join any kingdom as a merc to help them fight battanians and hopefully you'll roll a romphaia from wildlings.

I actually never thought about it based on clan tier, so you could be right. It is pretty tough to get a t6 clan owning marunath unless it is caladog right at the start, but I am not able to find the romphalia at game start anymore, which marunath starts at around 4 or 5k prosperity i think.
So that's why I think it is based on prosperity level, but that's just my best guess based on my many hours trying to find my romphalia. I haven't even seen the cost of it since ~1.2, so it may be a multi hundred thousand denar weapon compared to its original like 1500 price tag.

btw Sledgehammer, which is a romphaia (2h sword) is like 110k. So hopefully you got denars to blow, but I think your best luck to get rolls for them would be to start a fresh game and immediately start fighting battanians and then join any kingdom as a merc to help them fight battanians and hopefully you'll roll a romphaia from wildlings.

I always play as a vassal of Battania to start a game. I won't really go to war with Battania until they add kingdom functionality to the game and I can create a kingdom. I fight as a mercenary against them until clan tier 2 but way to early for Rhomphaia.

I wonder if it requires prosperity AND clan tier 5 or above to unlock or if it's just one or the other. Prosperity makes more sense.

The price doesn't really matter to me. You're usually swimming in gold way before you reach clan 5 or Marunath has 6k prosperity.

No romphalia or falx in Battania and the Aserai's executioner's axe are all missing, presumed dead. Please call your local authorities if you see these poor missing weapons.

I'm lucky if I can find a short billhook in vlandia, though I do still see them from time to time. It's enough to make me want to learn how to mod!

Back
Top Bottom