SP - General [Unique SUGGESTION]: Improvements to the system in the game: POLICY

Users who are viewing this thread

My second idea (If you like it, vote FOR the idea. Thanks!): Continuation of the game after capturing a card

Hello World?, here is my suggestion:

Add more power and power to the kingdom. I want the laws not only to give bonuses, but also opportunities (for example, so that when a certain law is passed, the king can choose his assistants). The game has very few political opportunities. For example, you could add secondary posts: Army Marshal, King’s Council, King’s right hand, Treasurer and so on. People in these positions would be appointed by the king or his assistant (right hand). Also, these special roles could have special capabilitie (For example, in voting would have more weight). All this could prolong the interest in the game, because the player could climb a certain career ladder, starting with a regular war and ending with the right hand of the king or the king himself. Career chain can be changed. Example chain and features:

1. "Soldier" (To become a soldier you need to go to the lord and defeat 1 soldier from his army. If you win - you will be taken into the soldiers). Opportunities: Fighting in a squad with your lord.
2. "Squad sergeant" (Promotion happens if you kill a certain number of warriors in battle). Features: You can command a certain number of people from your lord's squad. You can’t fight separately. +Board increase.
3. "Mercenary of the lord" (Boost happens if you and your team have shown themselves well on the battlefield). Opportunities: You become a separate detachment of your lord and can travel separately with your people, whom the lord gives you, after promotion. +Board increase.
4. "Vassal" (The promotion occurs after you take the oath of allegiance to the king and awaken a mercenary for several days. You must also help the lord you serve). Opportunities: You are automatically given a village and from that moment you can have special roles in the kingdom (Desnitsa, Marshal, Treasurer, etc.). You also have all the current features of the lord that are in the game (voting, recruiting armies, etc.). +Board increase.
5. "Vassal region" (Rising happens if you got a city). Features: You get more glory points. Your vote in voting has more weight than that of a regular vassal by +10%. Starting from this position you can put forward laws. +Board increase.
6. "Army Marshal" (A promotion occurs if you are chosen by the king or the vote of the Lords (Council of Lords). An army marshal can be any lord who has many victories, glories and a high level of development for his clan. Marshal can only be one). Features: You get more glory points. Can command the armies of the Lords. Manages the military affairs of the state. Your vote in voting has more weight than that of a regular vassal by +50%. +Board increase.
7. "King's right hand" (The promotion occurs if the king himself has chosen you. All your achievements in the game are taken into account). Features: You get more glory points. You are the king’s right hand. You solve various questions of people who come to your appointment (They can be made in the form of dialog boxes). You are the head of the council of lords. You control military and other operations in the kingdom. Your vote in voting has more weight than that of a regular vassal by +70%. +Board increase.
8. "King" (Only if the king bequeathed this position to you). Features: Full control of your kingdom. Assigning new people to roles, etc.
*Other roles: Treasurer (Manages the finances of the kingdom), High Advisor (Could give interesting information, tips), Privy Advisor (Could let intrigue, divulge rumors of lords in the kingdoms. Mostly needed for intrigue) etc...
**The Council of Lords is all Lords. But it can also be developed and make sure that only some lords are on the council.​

All this may sound complicated, but it will be incredibly interesting. You can change something, but I hope the point is clear. Thanks to this, people will not be able to go through the game too quickly. Players will be able to go all the difficult way from war to king and in the end they will be satisfied with themselves.

New laws/quests/intrigue/royal and other functions that will give not only bonuses, but also opportunities can be made in new updates or in the DLC.

As a result, I propose expanding political opportunities (laws, regimes of government, domestic and foreign policies and intrigues, and much more). I was surprised that the laws give only bonuses, but they do not carry any new opportunities. Please pay attention to my suggestions and give comments. Waiting for your questions / additions / support (?), thanks:xf-wink:

▶[Will be supplemented/Subject to change]◀

Last edited:
I like your idea of having a progression of your importance in the faction, climbing the social ladder and all, but the beginning seems off with how the game is set. The usual start is to create a small group of units that you train and then you join a faction. And of course you can go to the first noble you see and ask to join them first thing in the game (to follow your system). But would it be enjoyable to be a simple soldier and be carried away through the map not controlling what you do for the first minutes/hours of gameplay ? And managing your party/clan is a big part of the game, if you remove that from the beginning, there is not much left.You just end up waiting that your lord starts a fight with whoever and then you fight, since you're low level, you most likely get defeated very easily, and then you wait for the next fight. I think the "soldier" part should be removed, or maybe I misinterpreted what this step would be. Since Mercenary and Vassal are already something that exists in the game, and I don't see the interest there would be to have something lower than that, I'd say it would maybe be better to make them the bottom of what you can be in the faction social ladder.

I like your idea of having a progression of your importance in the faction, climbing the social ladder and all, but the beginning seems off with how the game is set. The usual start is to create a small group of units that you train and then you join a faction. And of course you can go to the first noble you see and ask to join them first thing in the game (to follow your system). But would it be enjoyable to be a simple soldier and be carried away through the map not controlling what you do for the first minutes/hours of gameplay ? And managing your party/clan is a big part of the game, if you remove that from the beginning, there is not much left.You just end up waiting that your lord starts a fight with whoever and then you fight, since you're low level, you most likely get defeated very easily, and then you wait for the next fight. I think the "soldier" part should be removed, or maybe I misinterpreted what this step would be. Since Mercenary and Vassal are already something that exists in the game, and I don't see the interest there would be to have something lower than that, I'd say it would maybe be better to make them the bottom of what you can be in the faction social ladder.
Hello?, I am glad that in general you like my idea?. Now to the point:
Maybe you should start the game as a soldier based on your answers to the initial questions. If you answer that you grew up in a peasant family, then you have to start the (boring) path from a soldier. I think that while serving in the detachment as a soldier, you can also come up with a couple of entertainments. For example, while a lord decided to stop somewhere, a player will be able to do something in the city / village. I agree that playing for an ordinary soldier can be boring, but this is reality. Actually, I don’t think that it will take a long time for your lord to attack someone (he can attack robbers, of whom there are quite a lot). While serving on the lord, you can also do interesting quests and conversations between the units.

If you want to immediately start with a mercenary, then here I will offer 2 ways:
1) During the answers to the initial questions there will be an option where you can immediately apply for the position of a mercenary.
2) You will be able to buy mercenary positions without going through a boring service.

My post chain is not perfect, but for that it is quite easy to implement. Well, finally, you need to start small. The chain can be made wider (Example in the photo) and I have a lot of ideas about politics in general, but first I would like to see it.
lWwGdPB.png

Thank you for your opinion!✌

I believe it was the "prophecy of pendor" overhaul for Warband, and maybe others, that allowed you to be a lowly soldier in a lords army. It wasn't something you would do late game, but it was a very cool way to start. You were given the armor and weapons of whatever rank you were at, weekly wage, gained experience and made friends with that lord. No more fighting bandits on your one legged starter horse with a bit of wood.

To OP, some nice ideas here, and hopefully they've got some stuff like this planned as they work on diplomacy features, or see your post.

1. "Soldier" (To become a soldier you need to go to the lord and defeat 1 soldier from his army. If you win - you will be taken into the soldiers). Opportunities: Fighting in a squad with your lord.
2. "Squad sergeant" (Promotion happens if you kill a certain number of warriors in battle). Features: You can command a certain number of people from your lord's squad. You can’t fight separately. +Board increase.​
Tie this in with this post and it's perfect.

Tie this in with this post and it's perfect.
You correctly noticed, you just have a strong emphasis on what the player will do during the service as a soldier. My topic describes the main functions in a particular position, but it would not be bad if each role had its own theme and its own proposals. I liked the ideas in your topic. Career, politics and playing after capturing the whole map are the problems that I want to solve at the moment.
All the best!?

Back
Top Bottom