Bannerlord major fall on Steam most played games

Users who are viewing this thread

Because there's nothing to do in the game than fight, siege and repeat?

After 20 sieges .. they all kind a feel the same, you storm the castle, whack the enemy, the end. Get loot. Do it again.

Badly needs more content and complexity.

yeah they need to add some explorations or maybe events like foreign invasion or maybe implement the revolutions mod, it has great ideas that keeps the game fun at late game. imagine if they add succession wars for your dynasty.. you kids fight when you die because you picked the wrong heir because everyone in your family had really negative relations with each other

Because there's nothing to do in the game than fight, siege and repeat?

After 20 sieges .. they all kind a feel the same, you storm the castle, whack the enemy, the end. Get loot. Do it again.

Badly needs more content and complexity.

This +1

Also Viking_Conquest_Reforged_Edition with balance mod v12 is much more fun and interesting as it is deep and reasonable why for example renown and relationships are important. Companions and people got a backstory and don't feel so numb. I will wait some more until they manage to deliver content instead of fixing numbers. Can't believe it's so hard to get things which worked great in vc or warband into bannerlord. Like camps, feasts etc.

What were you expecting? Most of the players who plays more than 40 hours can easily find this game is repeating itself.

I think Bannerlord will reach top board again when it fully released.

I have well had my monies worth, but now the game is going backwards. Bugs are being introduced which for me are worse than the ones fixed. I was playing e1.4.1 but found I could now not get past the main quest bug where you tick all the boxes, including taking a fief, but Istania and the other guy still have the same dialogue as if you had not completed. I cannot now get married because it crashes at the barter screen, and the workshops are now not worth investing in.
Going back to an earlier save, or even restarting, is no longer fun for me after 570 hours. I even deleted and completely removed all associated files, re installed and started from scratch, (no mods), then saw a post on Reddit confriming others were having the same problems.
I will give it a rest, but Taleworlds need to try and not make matters worse, the game bugs should get less not worse and game stopping.
I have no complaints at this stage regarding content as it is still early release, just fix the game stopping bugs, and get diplomacy working.

Yeah, it's expected really. Bugs, instability, broken features and contents, etc.. The frequent updates can be detrimental too, game keeps changing and sometimes break people's saves. Some people I know stopped playing because they feel they have experienced everything the game has to offer so far, and are waiting for more contents and mods.

For me, 1.4.1 has been pretty frustrating so far, a downgrade from 1.3 even. Siege AI got worse, endless non-sense wars, new perks are broken on NPCs.

This is normal for a mostly single player game.

Agree in some part of it but even as I don't see a good game now on steam they would definitely be better if they aren't lacking that much content. It feels shallow and with every patch more like barebone alpha. Yes I know it's EA but until some days you couldn't declare peace or war, ai attacks a enemy on the other side of the map even when the enemy army is raging havoc in their lands just to realize half way - nah we going back because - no one knows.

Now they rework 1 skill per patch.. That's kind of slow.. And even don't manage to get it right. No pictures.. Super fast ai smashing like a hurricane. In my opinion I think the game would keep you longer satisfied when they just introduce working systems of their earlier games.

This +1

Also Viking_Conquest_Reforged_Edition with balance mod v12 is much more fun and interesting as it is deep and reasonable why for example renown and relationships are important. Companions and people got a backstory and don't feel so numb. I will wait some more until they manage to deliver content instead of fixing numbers. Can't believe it's so hard to get things which worked great in vc or warband into bannerlord. Like camps, feasts etc.
Yep, despite a few problems, like very long troops update period, VC was one of the best experiences I had. So much content, a few storyline-driven quests along with the generic ones, the ability to become a bad guy which can be friend to any bandit in the game, the ability to put nobles into your dungeons and force them to do whatever you want via tortures etc. I'm not the one who likes the sea battle stuff, so for me sea battles was more like necessary evil, rather than a good feature, but many people seem to like them too. And, of course, I liked the ability to just plunder the city without taking over control over it)

The pinnacle of warband regarding single player in my own opinion has always been Prophecy of pendor for native and ASOIAF mod based on VC module. I really hope we get both back. Viking conquest was cool but it had some very questionable decisions regarding its gameplay (unmodded).

All games fall off after the first weeks, people buy and forget. I my self got almost 200 hours in those first weeks and then i made the decision to wait a few (3-4) beta branches before it would pick it up again. Just so that i would not become too jaded while they were fixing instead of adding. I think they have done an awesome job so far, but the lategame does need some added content.

Agree in some part of it but even as I don't see a good game now on steam...

That's subjective, not objective. There is no single definition of a good game but it is entirely normal for content-filled, fully realized singleplayer products to tank right the hell off the ranks.

Now they rework 1 skill per patch.. That's kind of slow.. And even don't manage to get it right. No pictures.. Super fast ai smashing like a hurricane. In my opinion I think the game would keep you longer satisfied when they just introduce working systems of their earlier games.

If that sort of stuff bothers you, don't play on the beta branch. Most of that is not currently happening on the stable branch.

That's subjective, not objective. There is no single definition of a good game but it is entirely normal for content-filled, fully realized singleplayer products to tank right the hell off the ranks.

If that sort of stuff bothers you, don't play on the beta branch. Most of that is not currently happening on the stable branch.

Sure in first case that's subjective but I was comparing similar games like Bannerlord in my thinking. And for me I don't find many games so charming like viking conquest or bannerlord.

For the second part, are you aware that on stable the skills also don't work around 80%?

And for the second part, sure beta is very experimental but as I was referring in another topic it's like they update things without thinking everything through. I think nearly nobody would have a problem if they copied camp mechanics and feasts for example.

Cheers

I am always using mods to get better experience and customize the game how I want. But my save files gets corrupted after updates and some of the mods wont work.
So I am taking a rather big break.

Did they not have a dedicated team of programmers for just the Diplomacy/Kingdom aspect of the game? I heard years ago that they were implementing Heirs to Throne/Legacy yet it seems no one was there planning all this out like it could be done last second..strange

Did they not have a dedicated team of programmers for just the Diplomacy/Kingdom aspect of the game? I heard years ago that they were implementing Heirs to Throne/Legacy yet it seems no one was there planning all this out like it could be done last second..strange

It's weird that the big new feature of Bannerlord, that would have really differentiated it from all the predecessors, is non existent.

I feel like the development of this game involved a lot more struggle and turmoil than we know about.

It's weird that the big new feature of Bannerlord, that would have really differentiated it from all the predecessors, is non existent.

I feel like the development of this game involved a lot more struggle and turmoil than we know about.
No we know, they made an entire new engine from scratch in about 2014-15 and started over on the game back then, scrapping alot of what they had done from 2012-14

Back
Top Bottom