What do you want Bannerlord to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

I want a feature-complete game.
I want everything that was in Warband. More content. Feasts. More quests. More BRANCHING quests. QoL improvements.

Basically, this being Warband+ is good enough for me.

Honestly the thing i'm most looking for is mods such as Prophecy of Pendor and ACOK (i really wanna execute Joffery) for Bannerlord.
There was plenty of features that i liked in those two mods.

This game has huge potential and honestly i hope that i wont be disapointed when devs finish with adding content to the game.

But then my money should've went to actual competent people like those modders. Why pay taleworlds
why haven't your competent modders just built their own entire game by now? The game is far from finished but still a lot of you act like you bought this as a finished product.

I want it to depict a believable and authentic medieval world which can be experienced the player can dive into. Warband was the only game that achieved this to a certain extent. It was a revelation playing my first campaign over 10 years ago.
Already back then I imagined what a successor would be like and blood ran cold when thinking about it. Just the same concept but with more detail and depth in every aspect. More options to interact with the world and especially people, plausible economy and diplomacy, better warfare and different ways to play the game.
So far with Bannerlord my dreams definitely haven't come true. The engine looks nice, economy is implemented and more transparent and there are a lot of new features that are going to right way. If TW would just fix all the bugs and wouldn't implement new features I'd say that Bannerlord is a great game. But it would still be far away of fulfilling my dreams of this medieval world I want to dive in. That's what I want Bannerlord to be.
Spoke my mind, sir

Yes and in addition to that I dream about ...

Soon (Weeks, few Months):
To get rid of the bugs, improve performance and better balancing should be clear.
And I know some of the points I talk about under this are already "fixed/included per mod" but should be ingame.

... an opportunity to store items in a castle
... improved AI on the battlefield and sieges.
... building a camp on the map which you can enter. (improves healing rate a bit for example)
... renaming of formations
... Not only Looters, Sea Raiders, Steppe Bandits. More variety, different troop types, appearance and loot after a victory.
... make it possible for Kingdoms to make truce and alliance with other Factions.

Later (after few months+)

... a deeper experience in things like relations, traits, character behaviours, politics, diplomacy, economics.
... more things to do in cities for that you can come back.
... more options for companions like ...
• Send as a messenger (try to improve relation, send gold, insult somebody, get reinforcements etc.)
• better behaviour based on their traits (Dishonourable Companions plunder soldiers after a battle which causes little relation loss with honourable characters in the group over a time for example or special events happening between companions like in warband but more in depth.)
• implement random events
... more quests to create a questpool with different tasks to improve variety

Dreams (perhaps never):

... hoping that the large map which was found will be real some day.
... more goods/items to trade
• spices, other seafood, exclusive local goods (for example rare artifacts in the Aserai desert, real thick and warm Bearpelt near Tyal in the north, Falcons from Vlandia. Of course these were very rare and valuable.)

... implement ships (including seabattles, influences trading, transport troops)
... enhanced weather (including weather is visible on big map, can change while in battle, includes thunder)

Have more ideas but forgot the half like always. Will add it via edit.
That's it so far.
bah, we just need the base game ready before jumping in on what to add or not. Adding stuff without knowing how things work as a whole is just stupid, but then again I'm not the one in charge of that, who knows, they may add stuff at random for no logical reason.

Also, there's a "for yesterday" thing missing on your list: fixing the basic mechanics like perks and cultural passives, how tf didn't you even mention that?

Spoke my mind, sir
Happy to hear that someone shares my relation towards Mount & Blade (even despite my broken english :wink:). To be honest it's somewhat of a relief, because while reading the forums it often feels like we are in the minority with our dreams and demands.

I want it to be a perfect Dark Ages simulator sandbox which is a basis for many mods to customize gameplay and contribute replayability. So for me №1 is honest, proper, bugless and balanced simulation. If suceeded, later on many enthusiasts would add a lot of content.

Think it's time to revive this.
agreed. I was surprised to see the date of this thread. I thought it was new today or post 1.4 patch. Coming back from a few days away here, its nice to see more post sharing this opinion. not in a majority dont like the game type of way, but more of a "i hope the devs are seeing these threads to understand their audience" viewpoint. I guess im just trying to remain hopeful we'll see improvements.

agreed. I was surprised to see the date of this thread. I thought it was new today or post 1.4 patch. Coming back from a few days away here, its nice to see more post sharing this opinion. not in a majority dont like the game type of way, but more of a "i hope the devs are seeing these threads to understand their audience" viewpoint. I guess im just trying to remain hopeful we'll see improvements.
Aren't we all?

Aren't we all?
I would say yes and no. some's "improvements" are pretty much just bug fixes and what i can only describe as vanilla basic when EA is over. I'm not here to attack anyone on that stance. However, I've seen it here with people okay with the current state just release the game for mods to take over, or are satisfied with the current game.

This, then modded.
Agreed, get the base game working, if it does very little bar being a better looking warband, but what they have built is accessible, functional and has good modding support then the game will be great.
With warband the excellent work done by the community meant that I could get a game doing more or less what I wanted and it was easy enough for me to go in and make the final tweaks to mod it to my exact tastes from there. If I can do the same with Bannerlord that will be me happy for some thousand+ hours

I agree with most of you guys.

Mount&Blade is a crossover between a classic roleplaying game, CK2 type strategy and total war battles from ego perspective.
Whilst it didn't do any of the above great (it cannot do them all great since it does them all at once) every aspect of the game was just about
good enough that it kind of worked. This crossover made it unique and revolutionary. The only thing that it did great was the combat system and the fact that you could have armies of up to 200 on each side whilst fighting yourself in ego-perspective.

So naturally Bannerlord should improve in these three aspects.

Roleplaying:
-more early game content (quests, quests, quests, better tournaments, deeper companions, more stuff to do)
-better atmosphere (animations, scenes, sounds, graphics)

CK2 strategy:
-deeper characters (more character attributes: what they like and don't like and how they act)
-deeper relationships between characters
(Other characters like/despise you depending on their attributes and your actions. This should be less of a grind and more dynamic. Also relationships shouldn't be static but also change over time due to players actions. From good to bad and vice versa.)
-more ways to influence other characters / the kingdom / other kingdoms.
(This could be simply using your influence to ask people to do something for you up to quests started by the player to get things done. For exemple starting a revolt by talking to somebody who doesn't like the king either. Then starting a quest to find as many followers as possible.)
-more politicing inside the kingdom and outside
(making truce, peace, trade agreements (trade taxes), alliances and so on including the barter system(trade taxes, reparations etc.))

total war:
-better campaign AI
(prioritising defence over offence, trying to get regions that are close to own ones, making peace when nessecary, making alliances when nessecary)
-better battle AI
(skirmishing, troops actually holding formations, AI being able to use basic tactics like skirmishing, flanking, using hills and forests to their advantage)

As of now I see that Bannerlord is trying to get into all of the above. But currently it seems more like two steps forward one step back.
As some features point in the directions listed above other features in Warband are still missing or are downgraded.

• the same as warband with more options/quest and more refined system (warband+)
  • for mp with ranked mode and more modding options gamemodes, revived playerbase

Back
Top Bottom