What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure I will ever go back to playing this game. I've played it for a bit when alpha went out (yes, for me it's paid alpha, not early access) and gave up as it is in an unacceptable state and contains many things that I don't care about and too few of those that I do. I come here once a week to check if there were any patches, but reading through them makes it obvious that their vision of the final game, development plans and priorities don't match my wishes at all and that I will never get a game that I want, so soon I will stop reading patch notes, continue with my life and forget about this game. Perhaps tons of mods would help, but there is no way I'm going to check all those mods, their compatibilities, their bugs etc. Considering that it was impossible for me to find small mods for Warband that would fix small things that I care about, but only those that change bunch of things and between those things fix forementioned small things, I have no hopes that in Bannerlord things will be different. Too lazy and busy to learn programming and modding so that I could create a mod that would make this playable.

1. An option to ignore the main quest and create my own kingdom regardless.
2. A proper way to propose peace/declare war via kingdom screen.

Those two items are supposed to be in 1.4.1 beta. I have not tried the beta branch myself but I did see a video explaining all of the changes.

Passive training of some kind. I can't stand having to grind experience with looters throughout the whole game.

+1

I really enjoy this game,but having to do all them looter farming every new playthrough is really chore,whish they prioritise this so we can get to the core of things more easily

The dynasty system. Anything that bothers me is already fixed by mods, so the dynasty is what I'm really waiting for. I ended my last playthrough when I saw that my children turn out pretty much fully useless which sucks because I spent a lot of time just waiting for them to grow. I thought I'd let the game rest until that feature is ready.

I have also quit for now after roughly 250hrs. At this point disappointment during gameplay has won over joy so I just stopped playing. For me, I'm waiting for:
1. Better kingdom structure, improved diplomacy system (war/peace/alliance).
2. Noble system overhaul (stronger ties between clans and kingdom/culture and their fiefs). More dynamic within a kingdom's nobles.
3. Solve the snowballing problem but also solve the lord respawn problem of the current easy-fix. This is also related to player executing lords problem.
4. Balance the kingdoms, Sturgia first.
5. Balance the campaign difficulty and pace. Presumably start with improving the npc lord's decision making, they are dumb in so many ways now.

I know this is a lot but these are all essential. I also want perks, want more functionality of castle, want passive-training, want improved smithing system, but these I can somewhat live without. The listed ones are so crucial that they either significantly impact the gaming experience, or heavily affect the emersion feels, and there's just no reason for me to continue playing after seeing everything the game has to offer now.

The way I see it, the problem is simple. There are so many things to fix that the devs have to use brutal cheap-fix to counter some of the problems, but this leads to more problems. I love this game but considering the way they are "improving" it now, I'd rather sit back and wait for couple of months until they have some real breakthroughs.

I am holding back until these are implemented or fixed.

3. While being a vassal, they never seem to care much to defend cities/castles. Even if they do, they are always one step too late. This needs to be looked at.
4. My favorite kingdom is Strugia but their land is so widely spread out that it's very hard to defend. The map needs to change a bit.
5. Persuasion system seems to be utterly broken.
6. When you form your own kingdom and manage to persuade a clan, they just leave a minute later if not given a fief pretty much right away. This started to happen in 1.4.0. In previous versions, they stayed on no matter what.
7. Your companion parties are too stupid. And I don't like how they just wait for you to pick them up in remote places once escaped from captivity. This especially sucks during war time. Can't be traveling around for minutes.
8. The first leadership trait which trains troops appear to be either too weak or broken. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Optional stuff I'd really like.
1. An ability to name my own kids.
2. An option not to have sex with spouse, effectively ending any chance of pregnancy.

etc. Above is all I can think of right now.
1. They are going to add this in some fashion
2. Possibly already live on beta or it is coming
3. Agreed probably being looked into already
4. Tweaks to all factions will continue throughout
5. Could certainly be better
6. This is being sorted if it is not in beta already
7. Agreed they should head back to your fief not a random city
8. Can't remember which one that is

Optional
1. You already can just click the baby icon that appears on the map screen when they are born
2. Would be a way to stop having kids i guess but why lol when they grow up they become useful although that area still needs work regardless

I'm still playing, but things i want fixed to just keep the gameplay going, is proper shield walls with units with shields taking priority of the front. Better loot drops with better prices of everything (the econ is a joke to look at right now).

1. They are going to add this in some fashion
2. Possibly already live on beta or it is coming
3. Agreed probably being looked into already
4. Tweaks to all factions will continue throughout
5. Could certainly be better
6. This is being sorted if it is not in beta already
7. Agreed they should head back to your fief not a random city
8. Can't remember which one that is

Optional
1. You already can just click the baby icon that appears on the map screen when they are born
2. Would be a way to stop having kids i guess but why lol when they grow up they become useful although that area still needs work regardless

For optional #2, my reasoning is that I don't want an unrealistic family where I have like 12 kids with just one spouse. I know having 10+ kids can be common in medieval times but generally not with one wife.
Although the chance of pregnancy has greatly been reduced in 1.4.0, my spouse was getting pregnant pretty much non-stop after births in previous versions. When she got pregnant for 4th kid, I was like "No, no, this is too much.".

I bloody hope they get #1 & 2 get right. Those two are direly needed as well as #6.

The troop passive train kills are

1. Medium exp to tire 1-2-3 troops per day? - Rise of meek?
2. Small exp to the party overall, also per day. - Combat tips

For optional #2, my reasoning is that I don't want an unrealistic family where I have like 12 kids with just one spouse. I know having 10+ kids can be common in medieval times but generally not with one wife.
Although the chance of pregnancy has greatly been reduced in 1.4.0, my spouse was getting pregnant pretty much non-stop after births in previous versions. When she got pregnant for 4th kid, I was like "No, no, this is too much.".

I bloody hope they get #1 & 2 get right. Those two are direly needed as well as #6.

The troop passive train kills are

1. Medium exp to tire 1-2-3 troops per day? - Rise of meek?
2. Small exp to the party overall, also per day. - Combat tips
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/

To me it's when the world can "move on" globally in a grand way. The state of the game is , eventually, unending recurring wars running in cycles, hundreds years old immortals holding permanent positions. Although very barely briefly, but I did live my 1st character's life, and as his life about to end( which is not happening also currently) so does the playthrough.

I'm kinda used to EA games these years past sadly tbh. But learning how the game works rn is also quiet fun.

I am holding back until these are implemented or fixed.

Yes. Emphasis on 2.) "A proper way to propose peace/declare war via kingdom screen".

If they need to re-work the voting system or Diplomacy UI to allow a simple, full-fledged diplomacy system, I can wait.

2. An option not to have sex with spouse, effectively ending any chance of pregnancy.

etc. Above is all I can think of right now.

When you start having a ridiculous amount of kids it really breaks the immersion. The option to have no kids in general would be nice.

I have also quit for now after roughly 250hrs. At this point disappointment during gameplay has won over joy so I just stopped playing. For me, I'm waiting for:
1. Better kingdom structure, improved diplomacy system (war/peace/alliance).
2. Noble system overhaul (stronger ties between clans and kingdom/culture and their fiefs). More dynamic within a kingdom's nobles.

Would be nice to have alliances with other kingdoms by forging an alliance treaty. Would be good to see more diplomacy options with other kingdoms (make offers, proposals, demands). Would be great to request a kingdom take action against another kingdom.

Last edited:
I quit last two weeks ago haven't touch the game ever since im waiting for lag issue I dont have lots of lag issue but every time I enter the city its unbearable and also the first collision of army in battle regardless of siege or open field battle it really turn me down thats why I quit but will return after they fixed all the issue and put more content to it I already finish the story and all the questline nothing to do anyway

I'm kinda waiting for the game to at least have the same amount of content and features as warband or vc. Playing bannerlord right now feels very limited, and since there is very rare response on player feedback its also not much fun to play and find bugs/suggest possible improvements.

Kingdom creation, fixed diplomacy, ability to make alliances, fixed economy (workshops for instance), fixed kingdom AI, working skill system (still lots of stuff just not working) ... and just more content.

Back
Top Bottom